Latest Drafttek Mock: 4/10

52 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Drafttek recently ran a new mock with a focus on trades.

They have the Bills trading down with Washington, moving back from #9 to #15, and picking up 2 3rd round picks, for a draft that looks like the following in the first 3 rounds:

#15 - Rashan Gary - DL5T

#40 - Chris Lindstrom - OG

#74 - Damien Harris - RB

#76 - David Edwards - OT

#96 - Jordan Brailford - OLB

Kinda disappointed. I like the focus on the trenches but feel we miss out on some top talent. Jonah Williams and Ed Oliver go #10 and #11.

Personally, not a fan of Rashan Gary, and the rest are underwhelming. But what do I know? What do you think?

A mock focusing on trades is fun.  But, well, this result is terrible.   You don't take, in my opinion, a guy with a "high ceiling" that has proven nothing in college in the 1st round, esp. top 15, esp. when proven, other athletic players are available.  This is what taking Gary is.  If a "freak athlete" can't get it done in college, I'm not sure he'll get it done in the pros.  

Lindstrom and Harris I like.  

The others are a bit underwhelming, esp. considering the WR talent that should be available.  

With the trade down, this is what I would have done, based off picks that went right behind us: 

15: Bradbury G/C: NC State

40: Irv Smith, JR TE Alabama

74: Damien Harris--RB, Alabama

76: Riley Ridley--WR, Georgia

96: Daniel Wise--DL--Kansas

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I don't think Gary is going to be a defensive tackle in the league.  He may have position flexibility, but he lacks one of the things McDermott looks for and thats production.  He is a freak athlete, but I am not sure he is what they are looking for.  I dont feel like Lindstrom makes it to #40.  

Much rather stay at #9 and take Ed Oliver and then draft Irv Smith in the second.

Ha, ok, good to see that we basically have (possibly for the first time) a general consensus that this Mock is less than stellar, and it's not just me.

I dont see the Bills trading down either, and agree its more likely we trade up.

I'd rather have a top-10 talent than more picks.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

No one ever won a Superbowl with an All-JAG lineup.

I don’t even hate the trade down but would hate that draft. Just using the players available after the trade down my draft would look like this:

15 - Hockenson

40 - Simmons

74 - Winovich

76 - Khalen Saunders

96 - McLaurin

112 - Miles Sanders

131 - Love

147 - Titus Howard

181 - Tauaefa

225 - Dawson Knox

228 - Anthony Johnson 

This would be an absolute home run. You take 2 injured high upside guys in Simmons and Love and insulate them with Saunders and Sanders. 

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

It just doesn't make sense to me to trade back and take DL when they're in a great position to take one at 9.

Agreed, and imo Oliver IS worth that much more than Gary. I dont think it's like you are getting a similar player at all.

11 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t even hate the trade down but would hate that draft. Just using the players available after the trade down my draft would look like this:

15 - Hockenson

40 - Simmons

74 - Winovich

76 - Khalen Saunders

96 - McLaurin

112 - Miles Sanders

131 - Love

147 - Titus Howard

181 - Tauaefa

225 - Dawson Knox

228 - Anthony Johnson 

This would be an absolute home run. You take 2 injured high upside guys in Simmons and Love and insulate them with Saunders and Sanders. 

Sanders is getting some first round hype and has been on a lot of top 50 rankings lately. I’d be shocked if he made it out of the second round.

Rashan Gary is one of the people I hope that we do not draft and same goes with DK Metcalf.

with a first round draft choice I prefer people with a history of good production in college.  These guys are tremendously gifted from an athletic standpoint but I just question why they weren't able to produce at a higher level in college.   That's not to say they won't be really good pros just that I think with the talent around them in college I'm concerned that they didn't produce better numbers.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Drafttek recently ran a new mock with a focus on trades.

They have the Bills trading down with Washington, moving back from #9 to #15, and picking up 2 3rd round picks, for a draft that looks like the following in the first 3 rounds:

#15 - Rashan Gary - DL5T

#40 - Chris Lindstrom - OG

#74 - Damien Harris - RB

#76 - David Edwards - OT

#96 - Jordan Brailford - OLB

Kinda disappointed. I like the focus on the trenches but feel we miss out on some top talent. Jonah Williams and Ed Oliver go #10 and #11.

Personally, not a fan of Rashan Gary, and the rest are underwhelming. But what do I know? What do you think?

edit/disclaimer: This is in no way a knock or criticism on Dean. I (and I think we all) appreciate his work for the Bills on that site. Just discussing this version out of many Mocks.

Assuming Pete Metzelaars is coming out of retirement, this mock is plausible.