Jets Stadium....process rigged?

Todays the day the MTA picks who gets the rights to the rail yard sites.

Get ready NYS taxpayers, grab your ankles and take one for the $$$$ team.

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/294970p-252535c.html

No conflict of interest for Bloomberg's right hand man Doctroff ??(rights to build walkway)

http://nydailynews.com/front/story/294120p-251827c.html

Love'em or hate'em but to my eyes the Dolan bid looks much better better to me.

The Jets bid sticks wurst than a Chuck "The Coach" Dickerson stinky jockstrap.

Non binding money tied into proposed zoning changes which could or not happen.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get ready Jets fans, for huge ticket increases, more traffic getting to the Jets games in Manhattan, no room to tailgate, restaurants around the stadium that will charge $4.00 for a water...nice job NFL!!! :blink:

Im no Jets fan, but I know a few Jets season ticket holders who are LIVID about this, and frankly I do not blame them 1 bit.

Move them to Queens and get something right for once.

They are also adding the dreaded PSLs to the mix for season tickets. Now you have to pay a steep premium just for the right to own the damn seats. The seats will be owned by corporations and the regular guys won't have a chance to get seats.

Much easier to read Lupica than listen to/watch him. 

NY getting screwed again.

291894[/snapback]

Lupica is one of the biggest punks IMO, he ripped all over the Buffalo Bills, especially in the early 90's...he is a Grade A weasel with hidden agendas if you read carefully.

They are also adding the dreaded PSLs to the mix for season tickets. Now you have to pay a steep premium just for the right to own the damn seats. The seats will be owned by corporations and the regular guys won't have a chance to get seats.

291892[/snapback]

Very true and that is damn sad.

Say what you want about Jets fans, they sell out every year and are loyal

Over half the guys deciding were appointed by Bloomberg and Pataki who are for the stadium. Yeah...that's fair.

Jets fans are DOOMED. And so are us Bills fans here in NYC that will be counting our days until the last tailgate we get to throw.

So, if the Jets get a new stadium, there will be plenty of tickets available because there will be no tailgating & no parking? That's great. I will be able to go see the Bills at the Jets every year now without paying scalper prices for tickets and don't have to worry about driving to the Meadowlands and paying for parking there, I can just take the subway from my hotel and buy tickets right at the ticket window. Beauty.

So, if the Jets get a new stadium, there will be plenty of tickets available because there will be no tailgating & no parking? That's great. I will be able to go see the Bills at the Jets every year now without paying scalper prices for tickets and don't have to worry about driving to the Meadowlands and paying for parking there, I can just take the subway from my hotel and buy tickets right at the ticket window. Beauty.

291988[/snapback]

Nope...because the team is going to be become the White Collar team here now, and that means the wealthy and corporations will be buying up all the seats.

Lupica is one of the biggest punks IMO, he ripped all over the Buffalo Bills, especially in the early 90's...he is a Grade A weasel with hidden agendas if you read carefully.

291898[/snapback]

Didn't Lupica propose that the AFC and NFC championship games be played on neutral fields so that the Bills wouldn't keep going to Super Bowls?

Over half the guys deciding were appointed by Bloomberg and Pataki who are for the stadium. Yeah...that's fair.

Jets fans are DOOMED. And so are us Bills fans here in NYC that will be counting our days until the last tailgate we get to throw.

291978[/snapback]

Specifically...

"All the board members are appointed by Gov. George Pataki and confirmed by the state Senate. Mayor Michael Bloomberg recommends four voting members, Pataki picks six and the county executives of seven counties recommend the others. Organized labor and transit rider groups recommend six nonvoting members."

http://wcbs880.com/topstories/local_story_089101607.html

Todays the day the MTA picks who gets the rights to the rail yard sites.

Get ready NYS taxpayers, grab your ankles and take one for the $$$$ team.

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/294970p-252535c.html

No conflict of interest for Bloomberg's right hand man Doctroff ??(rights to build walkway)

http://nydailynews.com/front/story/294120p-251827c.html

Love'em or hate'em but to my eyes the Dolan bid looks much better better to me.

The Jets bid sticks wurst than a Chuck "The Coach" Dickerson stinky jockstrap.

None binding money tied into proposed zoning changes which could or not happen.

291841[/snapback]

Lupica? Come on, talk about an agenda. He is right in questioning the initial lack of an open bid, but his math is all b.s. He is suggesting that the platform will cost $300MM if Cablevision gets the bid but $750MM if the Jets get the bid? If you cut through all his crap it sounds like Cablevision is offering $400MM and the Jets are offering $720MM - $300/$350MM for the platform. In other words, the bids are very close.

And who gives a rats ass if the money comes from Woody Johnson or other investors? Why would those investor back out? Because of permit problems? So Bloomberg can rig this whole process but can't get a building permit? Gimmie a break Lupica.

Cablevision wins the deal...they are read to pay the full sum in cash right now. Taxpayers don't pay a thing and building begins.

Jets win and taxpayers get to shell out at LEAST $300 million and they STILL have to get several approvals.

I love that the media here is saying how the Jets deal is less risky, when they were singing the opposite tune 3 days ago.

Nope...because the team is going to be become the White Collar team here now, and that means the wealthy and corporations will be buying up all the seats.

291994[/snapback]

Yes, God forbid anyone enjoy the fruits of their labors.

Why such hatred for those who are successful in life?

292067[/snapback]

Because it leads to the exclusion of those who aren't as "successful."

Because it leads to the exclusion of those who aren't as "successful."

292084[/snapback]

Again, God forbid anyone be "excluded", wouldn't want anyone's feelings hurt.

It's business. They're not there on a charity mission, there's money on the line.

292067[/snapback]

Ha...No hatred for them being rich! Hatred because they aren't real fans! Jets fan are known as the blue collar team here, whereas the Giants are the white collared corporate team.

I've seen both play, Jets fans are a lot like Bills fans. Giants fans are a joke, when they played the Bills a few years ago, over half the stadium was gone before halftime because the team was losing. I know a Giant season ticket holder who never uses his seats, he just has them to give away to clients. That's EXACTLY what's going to happen with the Jets now. All these jerkoffs are going to be buting up all the high priced Jets game tickets ruining the atmosphere for the loyal Jets fans.

Ha...No hatred for them being rich! Hatred because they aren't real fans! Jets fan are known as the blue collar team here, whereas the Giants are the white collared corporate team.

I've seen both play, Jets fans are a lot like Bills fans. Giants fans are a joke, when they played the Bills a few years ago, over half the stadium was gone before halftime because the team was losing. I know a Giant season ticket holder who never uses his seats, he just has them to give away to clients. That's EXACTLY what's going to happen with the Jets now. All these jerkoffs are going to be buting up all the high priced Jets game tickets ruining the atmosphere for the loyal Jets fans.

292089[/snapback]

You mean the drunken idiots? I'm sorry, but I have NO love for Jets fans.

My one and ONLY experience at a Jet home game was less than pleasant. No thanks.

You mean the drunken idiots? I'm sorry, but I have NO love for Jets fans.

My one and ONLY experience at a Jet home game was less than pleasant. No thanks.

292091[/snapback]

Please...Bills fans are just as bad. I've witnessed MANY Bills fans being complete aholes to other team's fans.

I've been to 4 Jets/Bills games in NJ now...at first fights almost broke out, now they're used to us and we all tailgate together.

And I don't think non rich fans = drunk/obnoxious fans. I'm sure there are plenty of obnoxious fans who have money there buddy.