Olaf Pillar

Frez

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any word on that massive offensive lineman? Are the Bills still going to pick this kid up?

Any information on him would be appreciated!

291734[/snapback]

I hear he'll be working out for the Bills on April 1.

Olof Pilar. He is Canadian OT who is just a monster. It's said once he gets his hands on you, you are done. The guy is a freak. I think he's like 6' 7" and 330 lbs., but can run a 4.6 forty. He is cat-like. Supposedly that is why the Bills are so insistent on moving up in the second round.

Canadian eh! 4.6 forty. This guy resembles another Canadian offensive lineman who went to Michigan st. by the name of Tony Mandarich. You never know untill he plays, though. It will not take much for him to be better than tony.

Canadian eh! 4.6 forty. This guy resembles another Canadian offensive lineman who went to Michigan st. by the name of Tony Mandarich. You never know untill he plays, though. It will not take much for him to be better than tony.

291765[/snapback]

I think you'll see quickly that he dwarfs Mandarich both in terms of ability and sheer size. He's a playa.

I think you'll see quickly that he dwarfs Mandarich both in terms of ability and sheer size.  He's a playa.

291776[/snapback]

I heard that Olof's english isn't very good though, so he has a hard time communicating with teammates...

I'm also worried that if we talk about him too much, other teams will find out about him. I heard that the Dolphins and Cowboys, after reading about him on the D&C site, instantly contacted the school for some footage on him :blink:

CW

Well, I didn't want to mention this here, but I actually know the guy. He's not only huge, he's brilliant. He was in all AP classes in high school and breezed through them. He had the choice of academic or football scholarships coming out of high school, but chose football because he enjoyed the challenge.

He's really an interesting guy. Even with his accent.

Well, I didn't want to mention this here, but I actually know the guy. He's not only huge, he's brilliant. He was in all AP classes in high school and breezed through them. He had the choice of academic or football scholarships coming out of high school, but chose football because he enjoyed the challenge.

He's really an interesting guy. Even with his accent.

291790[/snapback]

Didn't know you were from north of the border. Learn something new every day. I hear he is very light on his feet--a great dancer. Can you confirm?

Didn't know you were from north of the border.  Learn something new every day.  I hear he is very light on his feet--a great dancer.  Can you confirm?

291794[/snapback]

Yeah, he was actually in a number of High School plays where he was the lead. He can sing quite well and he's a good dancer!

Yeah, he was actually in a number of High School plays where he was the lead. He can sing quite well and he's a good dancer!

291801[/snapback]

So his english isn't as bad as I heard?

Damn rumors... :blink:

CW

I believe he is light on his feet because he read an article about Lynn Swann taking ballet to increase his balance. Olof took ballet to increase his mobility, flexibility, and balance. He's starting to get noticed a little more, so the Bills may end up trading a first next year and their second this year to move into the bottom half of the first to nab him.

I'm from Canada and what they are reporting here is that the Bills have already met with him. They have made a couple of visits up here and this came personally from Olaf in a radio interview.

The story is that he is raw, but truly, one of the best raw talents for an o-lineman. His freakish combination of size and speed make him suitable for just about any position on the o-line. He is a giant, he makes mike Williams look like a small man.

I pray we get him, imagine Willis running behind big olaf.

I'm from Canada and what they are reporting here is that the Bills have already met with him. They have made a couple of visits up here and this came personally from Olaf in a radio interview.

So did you get to hear him? How's his english?

CW