Nice Story

5 Year Old Finds Parents Shot to Death

The couple apparently feared the suspect and tried to get a court-ordered injunction to keep him away from their family. However, a judge denied the request on account that there was not enough evidence to support the stalking charge.

The judge, in denying the case, said "no violence was alleged and it was hard to prove stalking with the allegations" presented, according to court papers.

Not that a piece of paper would have helped...

5 Year Old Finds Parents Shot to Death

The couple apparently feared the suspect and tried to get a court-ordered injunction to keep him away from their family. However, a judge denied the request on account that there was not enough evidence to support the stalking charge.

The judge, in denying the case, said "no violence was alleged and it was hard to prove stalking with the allegations" presented, according to court papers.

Not that a piece of paper would have helped...

291258[/snapback]

A .38 would have.

Gee, ya think?

291272[/snapback]

Another tough job. We obviously don't know much about the case, but considering how many restraining orders get brought before judges, the judges are often rightly skeptical. Court Ordering where someone can and cannot be is pretty serious.

Another tough job. We obviously don't know much about the case, but considering how many restraining orders get brought before judges, the judges are often rightly skeptical. Court Ordering where someone can and cannot be is pretty serious.

291277[/snapback]

I agree that it is a tough job. With stuff like this, you cannot afford to be wrong.

291277[/snapback]

I don't think that a guy who had murder in his heart would've cared too awful much about a restraining order anyway. Of course, I'm a natural skeptic. :P

This is just another dose of: "The justice system/police are under no liability to protect you." There will be no financial restitution to this surviving child for this mistake (and I'm not advocating that).