first-round pick?

But when the 21-year-old former high school basketball star jumped a staggering 401/2 inches in the vertical leap - believed one of the highest ever by a quarterback - he may well have propelled himself into the first or second round

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/03/30/Sports/W...round_pic.shtml

I dont think he will, but he'd be good pick up by someone in the third I'd say. Thoughts?

I can't see a team taking a flyer in the first on a guy who's been charged with multiple felonies.  Just too much money at stake.  This isn't ordering a pizza delivered to practice.

291214[/snapback]

HAHA! Remember what a huge deal that was almost 10 years ago???

291217[/snapback]

It was an even bigger deal going into his third season when he was being called a bust by the majority of fans and Butler was crucified for picking him when his baggage was so well documented.

He was on the NFL network set the other day. He was fairly well spoken, and not afraid to talk about his past. He'll get drafted, but I can't see how any team would invest many millions by choosing him in the first round.

He's got the right agent, but I still would say round 3.

BTW, isn't it funny that the biggest thing they're talking about in the article is his verticle jump? A 40 1/2 inch jump moves a QB into round 1 consideration? :P

I would be more interested in the 56 TDs with 5 interceptions that they mention.

I can't see a team taking a flyer in the first on a guy who's been charged with multiple felonies.  Just too much money at stake.  This isn't ordering a pizza delivered to practice.

291214[/snapback]

Yeah, especially since that's exactly what happened with Randy Moss...oh wait, he WAS a first round pick and now he's on his what? third big money contract?

How about Lawrence Phillips? He went #6 overall after flinging his girlfriend down a flight of stairs.

The NFL has taught me one thing, if you are talented enough and perform on the field it doesn't make a difference what you do off the field. Moss performs, Phillips didn't, that's the only difference between them.

291217[/snapback]

Know I should know what this refers to, but I cannot for the life of me remember. Only thing that comes to mind is Fast Times, and Mr Hand and Mr Spicoli.