SF-SD trade

plenzmd1

Okay, lets say this trade goes down. The seven teams picking before Arizona are all pretty well set at QB, except for Cleveland and Miami.Pretty well stated that the Felons are going to draft a RB however with hteir first pick. Lets assume then that the Browns pick either Smith or Rodgers. That leaves the other for Arizona to take with the eighth pick. I would assume Denny doesn't think McCown is the answer, as he benched him last year. Even if Warner lights it up, he is getting very long in the tooth age wise. Seems to me to be a no brainer to draft your QB of the future with that pick.

Now, that leaves the Cards without the RB they so desire. Makes getting TH a top priority, hence a higher price.

Although I haven't put my draft board together yet, If Denny shares some of my beliefs on this QB class, the best guys won't turn out to be the top 2. Maybe not even the 1st day guys. So, it's not a no brainer to draft one of the 2 juniors, since either one could be considered a system or coach made college QB, if you have your eye on someone you think fits your system better and will be available in round 2, 4 or even 6. Guys I'm thinking of who might fit that description are Frye, Walter -who is from Arizona state, Orton, McPherson (may be one of the most talented but carries baggage) and Lefors, who in the right situation might be a star, but could end up like Flutie, Theisman & Garcia and have to serve time in Canada.

Rumors are they're thinking CB

Okay, lets say this trade goes down. The seven teams picking before Arizona are all pretty well set at QB, except for Cleveland and Miami.Pretty well stated that the Felons are going to draft a RB however with hteir first pick. Lets assume then that the Browns pick either Smith or Rodgers. That leaves the other for Arizona to take with the eighth pick. I would assume Denny doesn't think McCown is the answer, as he benched him last year. Even if Warner lights it up, he is getting very long in the tooth age wise. Seems to me to be a no brainer to draft your QB of the future with that pick.

Now, that leaves the Cards without the RB they so desire. Makes getting TH a top priority, hence a higher price.

290973[/snapback]

The trade wont happen- moving Rivers would cost a lot against the cap, they'd have to sign Brees to a long term deal w/a huge bonus, then the big contracts for all their 1st round picks....it wont happen

I can see Miami, Chicago, Tampa & Minny going RB. I know Minny is loaded with RB's, but rumor has it they want to move towards more of a power running game, however I would guess that they will take Derrick Johnson if he slips that far, or the best CB on the board (Rolle?).