Report - Bills interested in Frank Gore, RB

wppete

9 minutes ago, BillsfanAZ said:

I would be ok with the Bills signing Gore on a one year deal as long as they draft a RB in the 3rd or 4th round. Let that young guy learn from two future HOFers. 

Absolutely.

There are no locks at the RB position in this draft.........but there are plenty of guys who might be good rotational backs........Gore and Shady and round 3 or later RB would be an appropriate grouping.

All the kvetching over what will be a 2nd or 3rd string running back is funny to me.

Look, the Bills' thoughts about their running back position seems obvious to me: They have a ton of other needs on both offense and defense, and trying to get younger at running back is the least of their priorities. They're going to use this offseason to upgrade everything else about the offense: WRs, TEs, O-linemen. They're going to ride LeSean McCoy and Ivory (or, if the report is true, Gore), for one more year. Then, NEXT offseason, there will be a youth movement at the position. They want to lean on a veteran backfield while they break in the rest of their offense, which is about to be VERY young across the board.

Time will tell if their approach will work or not, but I'm not betting against it. McCoy doesn't look to me to have lost much of a step, and Gore had the highest YPC last year of his entire career. 

Back to your regularly scheduled whining.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

We love over the hill players.  Gore would of been a great signing 10 years ago 

Meh.........10 years ago "The inconvenient truth" ran for 4.9 ypa.........the last time Le'Veon Bell was on the field he was running for 4.0 ypa...........so suffice to say the price tag on Frank would have been prohibitive.    

I love Gore but I ain't paying ANY RB $10M+ let alone the $15M+ that Le'Veon would be accepting after Frank signed for more.;)

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

All the kvetching over what will be a 2nd or 3rd string running back is funny to me.

Ironically, you almost never say anything logical.......so I thought I would give you credit for this line.   Good line.:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 2