New episode of LOST tonight

duey

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I totally missed the aisle, row thing. And the game being named "Mouse Trap."

Another dude on the island w/ serious father issues.

"Teresa falls up the stairs, Teresa falls down the stairs."

Question: How does one fall up the stairs?

291836[/snapback]

comparable to Boone climbed up the plane, then Boone fell down

Okay, I do not read this if you do not want to know what was said on the radio when Boone tried calling back.

When Boone says they are survivors from flight Oceanic 815, the voice shoots back" there were no survivors on Oceanic flight 815"

Also, who else maybe think Locke becomes paralysed in operation that Jacks drunken old man does on Locke

comparable to Boone climbed up the plane, then Boone fell down

291850[/snapback]

One other thing, now my two favorite shows are starting to have similiar themes run through them. Last night, when Jack asks Sawyer if he smells somethiing funny, reminded me of Deadwood last year when the reverend had the tumor and kept saying he smelled his flesh rotting.

Now, the title of nexts week episode is "Do no harm" which the doc on Deadwood has said several times is his first priority.

Another masterpiece! Great episode all around. Locke definately is obsessed with the island and no matter how much we like him, he can't be trusted. You notice how he never told Boone he saw him in his dream bloodied up?

Let's play devil's advocate for a sec. There is another way to look at the whole situation. If Locke was able to move, maybe he would've went up to the plane by himself. Maybe the island took his abilities away so that Boone can reach his destiny.

Either way, Locke didn't care much about the well being of Boone. He just ran off and went to the hatch. As far as that light cutting on? I don't know what that's about. We'll see. Can't wait for next week.

Oh yeah, Sawyer had that coming! :blink: That was good s**t. I loved that expression on Sawyer's face when Jack told him he needed glasses in medical terms. Those glasses are killing me though, I hope the poor guy doesn't have to wear them often. He is far sighted, so he probably won't have to.

The National Enquirer this past week leaked out which major character was going to die in the finale, does anybody want to know? Don't want to spoil it for anybody

291758[/snapback]

Dude that isn't cool at all. First you say someone is gonna die and then you say you don't want to ruin it? You already DID ruin it!

BTW. No, we don't wanna know who it is will die and it's pretty obvious at this point anyhow.

Okay, I do not read this if you do not want to know what was said on the radio when Boone tried calling back.

When Boone says they are survivors from flight Oceanic 815, the voice shoots back" there were no survivors on Oceanic flight 815"

Also, who else maybe think Locke becomes paralysed in operation that Jacks drunken old man does on Locke

291852[/snapback]

That'd be a good twist.

When Locke's father was on the dialysis machine I started to get suspicious. I actually thought what was going to happen was that on the hunting trip his father was going to shoot him to kill him to get his kidney - but end up paralyzing him instead.

Dude, your leap is too far!  The bloodied Boone dream had no reference whatsoever to when or where.  He was questing to open that hatch before the boone dream, the conclusion was that he saw a plane crashing, his mother pointing in that direction, and then a bloddied boone saying..."up the stairs, down the stairs" whatever.  One can draw many conclusion from that.  Locke wanted to open the hatch, that's it.

291683[/snapback]

I contend you aren't looking deep enough at all.

Of course Locke knew that Boone being bloodied (not killed...but at the very least injured) would be required to open the hatch. Did he know how it would happen? No. But he knew it would be required because the "island" told him so. When he was having the dream it kept showing himself in the wheelchair and screaming...he was making a choice: be back in the chair or keep going on despite what may happen to Boone.

If that isn't enough proof, look at the backstory with his father that was going on at the same time. It parrells the story exactly. Writers don't just write stuff (most of the time) because it's cool...everything has a reason, a logic to it, ESPECIALLY on this show.

Why else show Locke's father taking advantage of him to better/lengthen his own life? It makes what Locke does to Boone all that more tragic and compelling. Even though Locke may be a nice guy, he's weak and willing to do whatever it takes to remain on the island's good side.

Dude that isn't cool at all. First you say someone is gonna die and then you say you don't want to ruin it? You already DID ruin it!

BTW. No, we don't wanna know who it is will die and it's pretty obvious at this point anyhow.

291869[/snapback]

Actually, the writers have been saying that a major character's going to die toward the end of the season (not necessarily the finale) all along to anyone who'll listen. It doesn't give away anything. Just makes you wonder who it is and gets you asking yourself lots of questions to keep it in your head, and that's a great thing about the show. There's been a lot of smaller clues as to who it is and why they die, but I'd say it's not necessarily Boone. Jack looked determined in the preview for next week, and we all know what Jack can do when he's determined. Part of the whole Jack Shepard=looking after his flock=Christ reading I've been getting is that he raised Charlie from the dead = Lazarus.

I suppose that the supposition that Locke sacrificed Boone might be Abraham and Isaac, if I recall (I dare not pick up a Bible b/c I'd burst into flame :blink:)?

I think Locke just felt like he needed to go there and that's it. For all he knew he was preventing a bloodied Boone by going to the plane wreckage.

291694[/snapback]

That is just not possible.

He said several times the "island would tell him" what to do. And it did in the dream: Find the plane, risk Boone or end up back in your chair.

Also I found it interesting that Locke told Jack that Boone got those wounds "falling down a cliff"...he didn't mention the plane at all.

291897[/snapback]

Isn't that further proof that Locke didn't really care what happened to Boone so long as he got what he wanted? :blink::D

If he did care, wouldn't he have stayed and made sure Jack saved him?

I contend you aren't looking deep enough at all.

Of course Locke knew that Boone being bloodied (not killed...but at the very least injured) would be required to open the hatch. Did he know how it would happen? No. But he knew it would be required because the "island" told him so. When he was having the dream it kept showing himself in the wheelchair and screaming...he was making a choice: be back in the chair or keep going on despite what may happen to Boone.

If that isn't enough proof, look at the backstory with his father that was going on at the same time. It parrells the story exactly. Writers don't just write stuff (most of the time) because it's cool...everything has a reason, a logic to it, ESPECIALLY on this show.

Why else show Locke's father taking advantage of him to better/lengthen his own life? It makes what Locke does to Boone all that more tragic and compelling. Even though Locke may be a nice guy, he's weak and willing to do whatever it takes to remain on the island's good side.

291888[/snapback]

Point taken. My contention, tho, is that while he knew it would happen he's powerless to stop it. If it didn't happen, then his vision of the future wouldn't have been true.

It's like if Claire's psychic guy told her not to go on the flight b/c she was going to wind up on the island, and she didn't go, then his premonition would be moot. I'm probably not explaining it well enough, but it's hard to describe.

Point taken. My contention, tho, is that while he knew it would happen he's powerless to stop it. If it didn't happen, then his vision of the future wouldn't have been true.

It's like if Claire's psychic guy told her not to go on the flight b/c she was going to wind up on the island, and she didn't go, then his premonition would be moot. I'm probably not explaining it well enough, but it's hard to describe.

291911[/snapback]

Oh yeah, I forgot all about that episode. That guy looked freaked out when he looked into Claire's future. Maybe Claire will die while giving birth.

291911[/snapback]

I think I get what you are saying (that Locke didn't have a choice...Boone was going to get hurt either way?)...

But I'm not sure that would work (if that's what you are saying). Only because the island (according to the dream) gave him a choice, either keep going or end up in the chair. So, Locke had the power to prevent Boone from being injured. If he decided not to pursue the "hatch" any more, Boone wouldn't have been bloodied but Locke would have lost the use of his legs.

Yeah.... Yeah.

The oft-forgotten story development of setting is definitely in play, and not just as soil, rocks and trees.

----------

And Hawkeye Pierce (mostly b/c of his new stint on West Wing as an awesome Republican candidate) and Kramer were the two I immediately flashed on as well.

291667[/snapback]

It's been obvious all along that the island was magic, but so far it seemed a neutral entity that reflected the people who were visiting it. This is the first time I thought it might have its own agenda, and we now have 3 crashes into it (2 planes and a shipwreck).

It's been obvious all along that the island was magic, but so far it seemed a neutral entity that reflected the people who were visiting it.  This is the first time I thought it might have its own agenda, and we now have 3 crashes into it (2 planes and a shipwreck).

291924[/snapback]

One thing is for sure. The island forces everyone to confront the skeletons in their closets.

I hope this show doesn't turn out into one big group therapy session and everyone is under hypnosis.