New episode of LOST tonight

duey

Unbelievable episode.  The rest of the season is going to be one hell of a ride.  Locke's story is so unbelievably tragic.  I have a feeling he tried to kill himself, and that's how he was paralyzed.

I think Boone lives...the island is not going to take him...yet?

Good stuff between Jack and Sawyer.

I'm already dying for next weeks episode!

291560[/snapback]

The endings to Locke's episodes are always the best - very dramatic especially when the music kicks in. His scream when he was driving away in his car was amazing. And the very last shot.....WOW.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The endings to Locke's episodes are always the best - very dramatic especially when the music kicks in.  His scream when he was driving away in his car was amazing.  And the very last shot.....WOW.

291566[/snapback]

He got so unbelievably shafted. He was happy with his life, and then these two a-holes come in a crush him. The ending was very very moving.

He got so unbelievably shafted.  He was happy with his life, and then these two a-holes come in a crush him.  The ending was very very moving.

291571[/snapback]

Yet, he did the same exact thing to Boone.

He knew what was going to happen...and he let it. Just like his father did to him. He sacrificed someone for the betterment of his own life.

Maybe Locke isn't the good guy we think.

Yet, he did the same exact thing to Boone.

He knew what was going to happen...and he let it. Just like his father did to him. He sacrificed someone for the betterment of his own life.

Maybe Locke isn't the good guy we think.

291574[/snapback]

but he did yell to him to get out........

his father just took the kidney and ran

but he did yell to him to get out........

his father just took the kidney and ran

291578[/snapback]

He knew what was going to happen when he sent him up the tree. He saw it in his dream when Boone was bloodied.

Had he truly cared about Boone, he wouldn't have let him go. He was so focused on his quest, he wouldn't let anything stand in his way, even if he had to emmulate his father's actions.

It's a cool story, but Locke just got added to my sh-- list :P

I don't think locke knew when or where boone was going to get hurt and they had to check out that plane. Also what is the deal with the island taking away locke walking and then giving it back? and what was that light from the hatch........I love this show

I don't think locke knew when or where boone was going to get hurt and they had to check out that plane.  Also what is the deal with the island taking away locke walking and then giving it back? and what was that light from the hatch........I love this show

291589[/snapback]

I disagree. Locke knew that Boone it would take Boone getting bloody to find the answer he was searching for. That is what made the story about his father so much more compelling.

The same way he knew the plane held the key, and talking to Boone about his nanny would convince him to continue on...

Locke is a lot of things, but dumb isn't one of them.

I disagree. Locke knew that Boone it would take Boone getting bloody to find the answer he was searching for. That is what made the story about his father so much more compelling.

The same way he knew the plane held the key, and talking to Boone about his nanny would convince him to continue on...

Locke is a lot of things, but dumb isn't one of them.

291610[/snapback]

Locke's father did what he did for himself. Locke did what he did because the island is the key to everything - including their own survival.

Locke's father did what he did for himself.  Locke did what he did because the island is the key to everything - including their own survival.

291614[/snapback]

Maybe not.

The Island is key for Locke's own survival. The island healed him, allowed him to walk again, gave him the purpose he had searched for his entire life. It also allowed him to fulfill all his dreams. He was so in love with the island he didn't want to leave (remember his conversation with Walt?)...the island helped LOCKE.

But that was slowly being taken away from him. To get all that back, and then have it be taken away is something that no one would take that well. Locke was trying desperately to hold onto it...much as Locke's father was trying to hold onto his own life...

They both were willing to use and sacrifice their sons (albeit Boone is more Locke's adopted son) to keep their dream alive.

The endings to Locke's episodes are always the best - very dramatic especially when the music kicks in.  His scream when he was driving away in his car was amazing.  And the very last shot.....WOW.

291566[/snapback]

I don't have Tivo, but at the end of the scenes where he's in the car, did the younger Locke look up and then get all catatonic like when he saw the monster? For a couple of minutes I actually thought the old guy was going to take both of his kidneys.

So, people have used Locke. Locke used Boone, somewhat but I don't think it was malice/sacrificial. He surely knew there was risk going in the plane but I don't believe that he knew the bloody event would be from that. And if it was a premonition, how could he stop it, w/o it having been wrong? All that said, I would agree w/ the sentiment that Locke isn't a 'Good' guy. I've never thought this. The Palay convention where fans got to ask a few vague questions only solidified this.

What did the respondent on the radio say? I just couldn't make it out.

Interesting things to note. Ep was titled "God in the Machine" and in the drug plane, there were Virgin Mary statues. In the hatch, there is _?_. As Johnny Coli (and dude, you need to grace us w/ another blog entry pronto! :P) said, it refers to the entrance of a savior. The light right there was very eerie, and it took Boone's (near-?)death/or was it simply Locke being alone(?) for it to come on.

Anyone can now go back and highlight the yellow spoiler, it's been revealed now, and there's a theory behind all of this there.

What was a light airplane, 2-prop?, fron Nigeria --- West Africa --- doing in the middle of the Pacific Ocean? They can't generally make a journey like that.

They both were willing to use and sacrifice their sons (albeit Boone is more Locke's adopted son) to keep their dream alive.

291620[/snapback]

Locke actually called Boone "son" just before he spotted the plane, and he was trying to convince Boone to continue searching for whatever it was they were looking for.

So, people have used Locke. Locke used Boone, somewhat but I don't think it was malice/sacrificial. He surely knew there was risk going in the plane but I don't believe that he knew the bloody event would be from that. And if it was a premonition, how could he stop it, w/o it having been wrong?

291622[/snapback]

Name one time where someone used Locke. (Not trying to be argumentitive, just wondering). Every time Locke has helped someone, it's been on his terms (Charlie, Jack, Boone, the kid) and has served a purpose for Locke.

To say Locke didn't knowingly sacrifice Boone is too short sighted for you. Locke said several times during the episode that the "island would tell" him. It had told him before and he did as it asked. Once he dreamed of Boone and the plane, he knew what was to come. Maybe not the specifics, but he knew that in order for him to find the answer, Boone would have to be injured. So, if he really cared about Boone more than himself, he wouldn't have pursued it...sounds awfully sacrifical to me.

Besides, it parrells the back story perfectly...too much so for it not to be the case.

Name one time where someone used Locke. (Not trying to be argumentitive, just wondering). Every time Locke has helped someone, it's been on his terms (Charlie, Jack, Boone, the kid) and has served a purpose for Locke.

I was talking about his mum and dad conning him into getting a kidney for the taking after having invested a lot of lying and a few quail-hunting walks. I agree somewhat w/ how Locke's been on the island; probably learned his lesson. But I think he's also trying to not be like his father. He has given, (ie the baby crib, helping Charlie) rather than just taking what he needs and leaving.

To say Locke didn't knowingly sacrifice Boone is too short sighted for you. Locke said several times during the episode that the "island would tell" him. It had told him before and he did as it asked. Once he dreamed of Boone and the plane, he knew what was to come. Maybe not the specifics, but he knew that in order for him to find the answer, Boone would have to be injured. So, if he really cared about Boone more than himself, he wouldn't have pursued it...sounds awfully sacrifical to me.

Besides, it parrells the back story perfectly...too much so for it not to be the case.

291627[/snapback]

Don't know about that. He obviously saw Bloody Boone, but that doesn't mean that he knew when that would happen. Happened really quick and he didn't know right away, he was searching around for the answer, it wasn't delivered to him in epiphany. The visions were just that; didn't lead to a specific place that he knew beforehand. The plane falling didn't seem that he was expecting or wanted it to happen, and he was screaming for Boone to get out. And this is not coming from a Locke apologist, don't you know.

He obviously saw Bloody Boone, but that doesn't mean that he knew when that would happen. Happened really quick and he didn't know right away, he was searching around for the answer, it wasn't delivered to him in epiphany. The visions were just that; didn't lead to a specific place that he knew beforehand. The plane falling didn't seem that he was expecting or wanted it to happen, and he was screaming for Boone to get out.  And this is not coming from a Locke apologist, don't you know.

291634[/snapback]

The visions dealt with openning the box. He knew that Boone becoming injured would have to occur (just like finding the plane -- he new the direction to look -- and using the name of Boone's nanny to get him to go on).

Sure, he yelled and told Boone to get out...I'm not saying he didn't have a moment of doubt. But the fact remains, had he really wanted to prevent Boone from being injured, he would have stopped his quest. But in the end, his quest was more important to him than Boone.

(hehehe, Locke Appologist. We just got done with the Drew Appologists, now we have a new sect :P )