New episode of LOST tonight

duey

Just FYI...it's been a while since we saw a new episode, so I am VERY pumped for tonight. Previews show a bunch of sh-- going down...guarnteed to give us plenty to talk about later tonight/tomorrow!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait. From episode one this has been my favorite show on television. Not hard these days since the list of shows that I bother to watch seems to dwindle by the day.

This ep. is the first of the last 5 eps. of this season. There will be two in April and two in May. The finale is second week of May and is 90 min. Just in case anyone cares/didn't know.

Snippet in the Syracuse paper today said that a 'major' character will die in the finale...

290965[/snapback]

I've heard that in a few places. Just at a guess I'd say:

Jack (Most unexpected. Suddenly it's the Kate & Sawyer story.)

Walt (I'd expect him to die and then come back to life somehow. Something to do with his link to what's going on with the island.)

Jin (To get him out of the way so Michael and Sun can get together.)

Charlie (Since he's kind of a legitimate actor he might not want to stick around on a TV show. Although I would have thought if he were going to die he would have died on the tree and why I was so convinced he WAS dead at the time.)

But I'm sure I'm totally off on all of these thoughts. It'll be someone that nobody expects.

The title of tonight's ep is "Deus Ex Machina"

meaning:

1. In Greek and Roman drama, a god lowered by stage machinery to resolve a plot or extricate the protagonist from a difficult situation.

2. An unexpected, artificial, or improbable character, device, or event introduced suddenly in a work of fiction or drama to resolve a situation or untangle a plot.

3. A person or event that provides a sudden and unexpected solution to a difficulty.

For an explanation of what's happening re: the plane in the preview, highlight for spoilers, and skip on by if you don't want to read (the yellow should be enough to obscure view):

Boone gets into the hatch and gets radio contact. The plane is indeed another plane that apparently went off course and crashes onto the island. Seems like they're setting up a Pacific version of the Bermuda Triangle. If you saw last week, Sayid gives Jack a compass which points the wrong way, and then says it's broken. I would guess the island has a strong magnetic pull, and it may be connected to the "black rock" that Rousseau wrote about. Her party crashed by boat, and there's now two plane crashes, and possibly three, depending what the hatch turns out to be.

Maybe the "Adam and Eve" they found in the cave early on were Amelia Earhardt and Fred Noonan? Anywho, there's drugs in the plane that crashes tonight. Sets up an interesting angle for Charlie....

Sorry for the technical snafu, Doctor. :P :P

Edited by UConn James

Johnny Coli Posted Today, 12:41 PM

The title of tonight's ep is "Deus Ex Machina"

meaning:

1. In Greek and Roman drama, a god lowered by stage machinery to resolve a plot or extricate the protagonist from a difficult situation.

2. An unexpected, artificial, or improbable character, device, or event introduced suddenly in a work of fiction or drama to resolve a situation or untangle a plot.

3. A person or event that provides a sudden and unexpected solution to a difficulty.

Deus Ex Machina, is also a title in one of the chapter's of the book "Watership Down", a book that Sawyer was reading early on in the season. Coincidence? :P

There is no coincidence in this show. Everything has a hidden meaning.  :P

291269[/snapback]

the funny thing is that you aren't kidding....

is it 8 yet?

now is it?

what about now?

Deus Ex Machina, is also a title in one of the chapter's of the book "Watership Down", a book that Sawyer was reading early on in the season. Coincidence?  :P

291247[/snapback]

when was he reading that book? i know a few episodes back he was reading "A Wrinkle in Time" while Michael and Jin were working on the boat....i didn't catch (or don't remember) him reading anything else before that time.

geggytah Posted Today, 04:57 PM

QUOTE(MarkVaderr50 @ Mar 30 2005, 03:15 PM)

Deus Ex Machina, is also a title in one of the chapter's of the book "Watership Down", a book that Sawyer was reading early on in the season. Coincidence? 

when was he reading that book? i know a few episodes back he was reading "A Wrinkle in Time" while Michael and Jin were working on the boat....i didn't catch (or don't remember) him reading anything else before that time.

I believe Watership Down was the first book that he was reading, I noticed it in the earlier episodes. I saw him reading it about 2 or 3 times. There was also a sequence in one episode where Kate comes across Sawyer who had just come from swimming in the ocean. Kate picks up one of Sawyer's books, and he remarks to her, "Do you want to read that? It's about bunnies." Or something to that extent.

Unbelievable episode. The rest of the season is going to be one hell of a ride. Locke's story is so unbelievably tragic. I have a feeling he tried to kill himself, and that's how he was paralyzed.

I think Boone lives...the island is not going to take him...yet?

Good stuff between Jack and Sawyer.

I'm already dying for next weeks episode!