Antonio Brown trade may be happening today, announcing team soon: UPDATE: TRADED to Raiders

AB to Buffalo isn't dead yet.

I don't know if that is good or bad.

The Bills and Brown's representatives must be seeing some common ground.

I seriously don't know what to think anymore. Just let this saga end one way or the other.

Just now, njbuff said:

AB to Buffalo isn't dead yet.

I don't know if that is good or bad.

The Bills and Brown's representatives must be seeing some common ground.

I seriously don't know what to think anymore. Just let this saga end one way or the other.

Do you have a link or anything on this?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SWATeam said:

Do you have a link or anything on this?

I'm not Rap here.

It's pretty obvious negotiations are going on.

Why do you think Beane came out and squashed it? Why do you think a deal of any kind hasn't been announced yet?

I am not saying by any means that the Bills are getting Brown. I am just saying it isn't dead yet as everyone else seems to think.

And for the record, I really DON'T want Brown here.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

I'm not Rap here.

It's pretty obvious negotiations are going on.

Why do you think Beane came out and squashed it? Why do you think a deal of any kind hasn't been announced yet?

I am not saying by any means that the Bills are getting Brown. I am just saying it isn't dead yet as everyone else seems to think.

And for the record, I really DON'T want Brown here.

All anyone needs to do is read Carucci’s article and they will find the truth...

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

All anyone needs to do is read Carucci’s article and they will find the truth...

Brown's contract demands are holding up anything happening, not where he DOESN'T want to go.

Brown will gladly go where they give him the most green.

It all means that he could end up staying with the Steelers and that does nobody no good.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This.

Also, Gm's don't make public statements stating that they have pulled out of trade talks only to secretly continue said trade talks. 

Brown won't be a Bill.

Furthermore, I'd bet 2 boxes of Flutie Flakes that he'll be a Raider or a Saint.

1 minute ago, Logic said:

This.

Also, Gm's don't make public statements stating that they have pulled out of trade talks only to secretly continue said trade talks. 

Brown won't be a Bill.

Furthermore, I'd bet 2 boxes of Flutie Flakes that he'll be a Raider or a Saint.

The Flyers once stated publicly that they pulled out of the Eric Lindros derby.

How did that work out?

Just an example.

1 minute ago, Logic said:

This.

Brown won't be a Bill.

Yeah, but I can see them having made their best offer (contract to Brown), and when declined, moving on.  That doesn't mean that they wouldn't revisit it if Brown meets them in the middle a little bit.

14 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Yeah, but I can see them having made their best offer (contract to Brown), and when declined, moving on.  That doesn't mean that they wouldn't revisit it if Brown meets them in the middle a little bit.

It's clear we wanted AB. If he goes elsewhere for something 4 mil or so less than the 20 he's asking, I'd be inclined to think we got spurned by AB.

There's no reason we can't outbid these other teams if it's more in the 15-16 mil range. Beane clearly wanted/wants Brown, so I don't see why we shouldn't stay involved.

Edited by BillsSB2020

1 minute ago, BillsSB2020 said:

It's clear we wanted AB. If he goes elsewhere for something 4 mil or so less than the 20 he's asking for, I'd be inclined to think we got spurned by AB.

There's no reason we can't outbid these other teams if it's more in the 15-16 mil range. Beane clearly wanted/wants Brown, so I don't see why we shouldn't stay involved.

Yep.  The proof will be in the contract he ends up with.  I think it's clear the Steelers wanted the package we offered.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Imo Beane felt he was negotiating vs himself.  Now what's left? He was picking his team? Where is the team now?  Not crazy to think that maybe Ab's camp is seeing what Buffalo was offering.  I think its unlikely he ends up in Buffalo but also wouldn't be surprised if he did.

11 minutes ago, Logic said:

This.

Brown won't be a Bill.

In most cases, yes of course.  However, this was a different circumstance.  A report broke he WAS being traded here, so our GM had to address it as GM's don't normally address rumors anyways.  But this was not a typical rumor, it was running on NFL.com, NFL Network, ESPN etc that it was happening.  

And they said they are moving on, but that doesn't mean the second party has abandoned hope.  If the issue was Browns contract, and suddenly Brown is faced with no trade or relaxing on his contract demands, the Steelers will call everyone back and let them know.  And if Bills had best offer, they certainly will call the Bills.  So, if they do that and its in the ball park of what Beane was comfortable with, then I am sure Beane will listen. 

All that being said, I also don't think he will be a Bill just given I haven't heard anything suggesting we really still are involved other than a couple posts on TSW where someone said they heard it on the radio 12 hours ago.  But, I can see how its still possible.  

10 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

In most cases, yes of course.  However, this was a different circumstance.  A report broke he WAS being traded here, so our GM had to address it as GM's don't normally address rumors anyways.  But this was not a typical rumor, it was running on NFL.com, NFL Network, ESPN etc that it was happening.  

And they said they are moving on, but that doesn't mean the second party has abandoned hope.  If the issue was Browns contract, and suddenly Brown is faced with no trade or relaxing on his contract demands, the Steelers will call everyone back and let them know.  And if Bills had best offer, they certainly will call the Bills.  So, if they do that and its in the ball park of what Beane was comfortable with, then I am sure Beane will listen. 

All that being said, I also don't think he will be a Bill just given I haven't heard anything suggesting we really still are involved other than a couple posts on TSW where someone said they heard it on the radio 12 hours ago.  But, I can see how its still possible.  

Very possible IMO

Chelsie might have said hell no Antonio, your not going to Vegas!

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 1