Impeachment Hearings Open In House Of Representatives

Tiberius

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

My husband has a theory that one of the reasons the economy hummed along during the Clinton years is due to all the fighting between Congress and the Presidency; politicians get in the way of progress.

If the economy stays-the-course or grows in spite of the doom and gloom forecast for this year, I'll have to give his theory more respect (I don't disagree with him completely) as I see little to no cooperation happening between this Congress (the House, but the Senate isn't exactly a rubber stamp either) and President Trump.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

My husband has a theory that one of the reasons the economy hummed along during the Clinton years is due to all the fighting between Congress and the Presidency; politicians get in the way of progress.

If the economy stays-the-course or grows in spite of the doom and gloom forecast for this year, I'll have to give his theory more respect (I don't disagree with him completely) as I see little to no cooperation happening between this Congress (the House, but the Senate isn't exactly a rubber stamp either) and President Trump.

Free trade deals. Peace. Tech explosion. 

And Bill was smart to stay the F out of the way. 

1 hour ago, BeginnersMind said:

Free trade deals. Peace. Tech explosion. 

And Bill was smart to stay the F out of the way. 

People tend to forget that the economy boomed in the latter part of Bill's term, after he heeded Doug Morris's advice to adopt business and investor friendly policies.    Otherwise he was on his way to a one and done term.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, GG said:

People tend to forget that the economy boomed in the latter part of Bill's term, after he heeded Doug Morris's advice to adopt business and investor friendly policies.    Otherwise he was on his way to a one and done term.

Yep... Bill lurched far left when he first got in but learned quickly he better learn to work with Gingrich. That made him move more centrist which helped his legacy. That was not Clinton's balanced budget, he wasn't given much of a choice in the matter and thought wisely to go along... 

4 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

Obama would be a pompous ass to hang out with. Trump would be a narcissistic prick. Bush and Bill Clinton would be fun. 

I disagree.  I bet Obama would be cool to hang out with.  His pompousness likely only comes out in crowds.  And by crowds I mean 3 or more people including himself.  

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

My theory as why the economy hummed during the Clinton years is the explosion of technology and the home computer craze at the beginning of it and the fact that the Y2K hysteria at the end had every company and home in the world upgrading their tech.  

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

My theory as why the economy hummed during the Clinton years is the explosion of technology and the home computer craze at the beginning of it and the fact that the Y2K hysteria at the end had every company and home in the world upgrading their tech.  

Hey! I can fix your non-existent Y2K problem. ? 

33 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I was working at a Fortune 20 company in 1998 and 1999. We were having offices redone and shared some temp space for a couple years with 30 Y2K “experts” that all worked for some made up company. They were booked through 2002 on their contract to fix everything before and anything after. By February 2000, their offices were vacated. But the owners were probably in Tahiti. They were charging $150 per hour for their team. 

43 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

I was working at a Fortune 20 company in 1998 and 1999. We were having offices redone and shared some temp space for a couple years with 30 Y2K “experts” that all worked for some made up company. They were booked through 2002 on their contract to fix everything before and anything after. By February 2000, their offices were vacated. But the owners were probably in Tahiti. They were charging $150 per hour for their team. 

$150? Damn, I was in the body shop business  then. Cobal progtammera charged us $100/hr, we billed $250 hr. 

Hey, he only handed out a security clearance that the professionals wouldn't, why should the American people get to have transperancy about their own government? More hiding, more secrets and more lies! 

“There is a key difference between a president who exercises his authority under the Constitution and a president who overrules career experts and his top advisers to benefit his family members and then conceals his actions from the American people,” Cummings said. “The White House’s argument defies the constitutional separation of powers, decades of precedent before this committee, and just plain common-sense. The White House security clearance system is broken, and it needs both congressional oversight and legislative reform.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/white-house-rebuffs-house-democrats-request-regarding-security-clearances/2019/03/05/fc3ff9a6-3f7b-11e9-9361-301ffb5bd5e6_story.html?utm_term=.a83129151a6f

24 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Hey, he only handed out a security clearance that the professionals wouldn't, why should the American people get to have transperancy about their own government? More hiding, more secrets and more lies! 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/white-house-rebuffs-house-democrats-request-regarding-security-clearances/2019/03/05/fc3ff9a6-3f7b-11e9-9361-301ffb5bd5e6_story.html?utm_term=.a83129151a6f

The President is THE ultimate classifying and adjudicating authority, by law.  And the House exercises no authority over it.

And before you start with your whataboutism bull####...yes, I noted Hillary was a classifying authority, and the classified info on her server was a minor issue because of it.  But how do you think Chelsea got her clearance?

• Like (+1) 1