Anyone want a bottle of 23Year Pappy?

plenzmd1

Going to a charity thing tonight..one of the live auction items is a bottle of the 23 year Pappy.

too rich for my beer drinking simple behind, any you fellas want it? 

I am gunna suggest to our group we play a price is right game for $10 a head..closest to wining bid  without going over gets the $60. 

Knowing the crowd, and who is gonna wanna  say theirs is bigger, I am going to guess $5,005.00

28 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Edit: Winning!!

A Price Is Right veteran? 

I have a buddy who used to take care of an older neighbor with odds and ends. When the guy turned 80 he got invited to his party at a swanky restaurant where 20 people attended. The guy’s son was a big deal, with more money than sense apparently. He brought two bottles of wine born the same year as dear old dad.....80 year old wine for $10,000 per bottle! Everyone got a tiny taste for $20k. My Budweiser drinking buddy liked the restaurants wine just as much. THAT is just F&^% YOU money. 

$5,005.02

?

Edited by Augie

This past Fall when I came into town, my Brother said he happened to see a bottle in the liquor store.  He snapped it up for a just under 2 Grand.  

When he went to Portugal for the week, I was watching my Father.  My Bro said: "You can drink any bottle here, but don't open The Pappy."

LoL... Boy that would be a bad mistake.  

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

This past Fall when I came into town, my Brother said he happened to see a bottle in the liquor store.  He snapped it up for a just under 2 Grand.  

When he went to Portugal for the week, I was watching my Father.  My Bro said: "You can drink any bottle here, but don't open The Pappy."

LoL... Boy that would be a bad mistake.  

But......what if you are REALLY thirsty? I’m sure you’d be forgiven. You could always say you made an error in judgment and let Plenz through the door. 

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

I had to look that up, despite all my previous years of drinking. What's so special?

Whatever answer you get, it CANNOT be adequate! 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

But......what if you are REALLY thirsty? I’m sure you’d be forgiven. You could always say you made an error in judgment and let Plenz through the door. 

Whatever answer you get, it CANNOT be adequate! 

To me alcohol was always utilitarian in nature never understood paying huge money for it. Don't have that problem anymore, thanks be to God.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

LoL... It was the game weekends when Plenz was in town... I could have easily "screwed up" and brought it to tailgate.   LoL... That nice little bag.  I could have put empty bottle back, cinched it and got the hell on the highway back to Illinois before my Bro ever noticed!

Make up for the time he trapped me in a stinky bathroom when I was 10... And I couldn't reach the window! (really high casement windows in that house /smh). Let's just say Mom wasn't pleased with the antics of My Brother tormenting his 4 year his junior brother (Me).

41 years later... Could have finally got even!

5 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

To me alcohol was always utilitarian in nature never understood paying huge money for it. Don't have that problem anymore, thanks be to God.

Investment.  My Bro... I don't think he was going to drink it.  At under $2k, if it goes up, sell the Muthaph.... er!  Heck, I'd take $500 profit! /smh

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

3 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

LoL... It was the game weekends when Plenz was in town... I could have easily "screwed up" and brought it to tailgate.   LoL... That nice little bag.  I could have put empty bottle back, cinched it and got the hell on the highway back to Illinois before my Bro ever noticed!

Make up for the time he trapped me in a stinky bathroom when I was 10... And I couldn't reach the window!  Let's just say Mom wasn't pleased with the antics of My Brother tormenting his 4 year his junior brother (Me).

41 years later... Could have finally got even!

He sounds evil, I think making a sacrifice at the tailgate is in order to save his soul.  What other option do you have? 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

$3750

bargain if you @Augie, crazy money for the rest of us.  None of us guessed below $4k, so we all agreed @mead107 should just buy drinks at th ripener for all who ask

I just followed your lead. Is it too late to ask.....what is Pappy? I’m pretty sure I don’t want any.....but I’ll sip from Mead’s personal Pappy supply one day. 

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

I just followed your lead. Is it too late to ask.....what is Pappy? I’m pretty sure I don’t want any.....but I’ll sip from Mead’s personal Pappy supply one day. 

A very samall edition Bourbon. But all good now that @mead107 has agreed to buy beers at opener. 

9 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

A very samall edition Bourbon. But all good now that @mead107 has agreed to buy beers at opener. 

I gave up brown stuff on my 19th birthday. It’s a long, horrible story. I’m a beer and wine guy, with the exception of a few margaritas a year.  Good to know everyone can count on Mead! 

13 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I had to look that up, despite all my previous years of drinking. What's so special?

Mostly rarity.  You get to a certain point with bourbon (and any alcohol really) where the quality levels off and they are all really damn good.  But what makes things like this crazy expensive is how small the available quantities are.

This distillery was bought by Buffalo Trace some years back in order to handle more production.  It will be interesting to see what the prices will be after those barrels have aged and are ready for sale. 

Edited by Mark80