Hate Crime or Hoax?

The_Dude

People who accidently harm themselves and then make up a story to give them cover aren't politically motivated. They are mentally ill or just plain stupid. People who set out to pull off a hoax for political reasons are obviously politically motivated. Take the old Tawana Brawley case for example. As I remember it she didn't lie for political reasons but afterwards Al Sharpton turned it into a political hoax.

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 Lessons From the Jussie Smollett Hoax

By Ben Shapiro

So, Jussie Smollett was lying.

The “Empire” actor claimed that when he was walking home at 2 a.m. in Chicago, in the midst of the polar vortex, he was accosted by two assailants, both of whom shouted anti-gay and anti-black slurs at him.

They then attempted to throw a noose around his neck and pour what he thought was bleach on him while shouting, “This is MAGA country!” he says.

None of this is true. Police now think that Smollett paid two of his friends to stage the entire attack.

{snip}

Second, hoaxers can read the tea leaves. There’s a reason that the most prominent racial and sexual hoaxes have generally flattered the political sensibilities of the political left. Right-wing hoaxes might catch the attention of right-wing sources, but left-wing sources are far more powerful and plentiful.

Imagine if a MAGA-hatted young Republican had accused two young black men of assaulting him while shouting, “F— Trump!” That story might get play on talk radio and Fox News, but it wouldn’t earn one iota of attention from celebrity culture or the mainstream media.

More at link: https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/02/20/3-lessons-from-jussie-smollett-hoax/

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

Imagine if a MAGA-hatted young Republican had accused two young black men of assaulting him while shouting, “F— Trump!” That story might get play on talk radio and Fox News, but it wouldn’t earn one iota of attention from celebrity culture or the mainstream media.

More at link: https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/02/20/3-lessons-from-jussie-smollett-hoax/

Imagine?  Go to Portland, or Bezerkley, and you'll witness it.  We just never hear it, because it doesn't earn one iota of attention from celebrity culture or the mainstream media...or, when it does, it's along the lines of "Cracker deserved it."

6 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

People who accidently harm themselves and then make up a story to give them cover aren't politically motivated. They are mentally ill or just plain stupid. People who set out to pull off a hoax for political reasons are obviously politically motivated. Take the old Tawana Brawley case for example. As I remember it she didn't lie for political reasons but afterwards Al Sharpton turned it into a political hoax.

Haha you are looking for any way out of this possible.  First off, I think it is funny that are believing the B on her face was accidental (convenient to believe that, I have never accidentally scratched a letter into my face).

Even going with that.  She created a political hoax to cover it up.  She is a mccain staffer, she made up a story about a black guy being upset at her mccain bumper sticker, he scratched a B into her face, and told her to go support Obama.  This is a perfect example.  It doesn't get any better.  How can you say this was not politically motivated, what an outrageous position to take.  

Also, since you keep demanding I prove things.  Go show me where I said they were on par with each other.  Go ahead and do it.  

Edited by Crayola64

2 hours ago, Crayola64 said:

And since we apparently have to back stuff up that is common knowledge (as if this country doesnt have a dark history of white people staging crimes against black people, but I guess 3rdnlng is unaware of it or something), here is literally five minutes worth of googling. ...

Kristen Michelle Rhimes (November 2018) - Completely fabricated a story of a black man attempting to rape her in a walmart parking lot.  She was apparently nowhere near a walmart.  She is facing felony charges.

Mary Zolkowski (February 2018) - Made up a story about a black guy raping her.  She plead guilty for falsely reporting a felony.

Breana Rachelle Harmon (March 2017) - A women in texas made up a story about three black guys kidnapping her and gangraping her.  She also plead guilty.  

Teresa Klein (Octber 2018) - A women called police accusing a nine year old black boy of sexually assaulting her....video surveillance showed it never happened.  

Leiha Ann-Sue Artman + her boyfriend (2016) - A white woman made up a story about four black guys kidnapping her and gangraping her.

Katie Mager + her boyfriend (2017) - A white woman made up a story of being robbed at knifepoint by three black guys.  

***Again, my point was these stories are always bizarre to me.  My point wasn't, "hey, conservatives do it to."  But for some reason, people on here must think only minorities stage crimes or something (who knows).  

These are definitely horrible examples and should all be prosecuted to the full extent of the law... 

That being said, this proves more racism than it does political influenced bias (with the exception of the woman who didn't know that Obama starts with an O.) 

White people have been making up stories about black people for years (there's a pretty famous book/movie about such things). The complaints in this thread is about liberals making up targeted attacks against conservatives (specifically against supporters of the president) 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

These are definitely horrible examples and should all be prosecuted to the full extent of the law... 

That being said, this proves more racism than it does political influenced bias (with the exception of the woman who didn't know that Obama starts with an O.) 

White people have been making up stories about black people for years (there's a pretty famous book/movie about such things). The complaints in this thread is about liberals making up targeted attacks against conservatives (specifically against supporters of the president) 

I figured I would get that response, and it is fair.  I posted a few more examples after that list, but what do you think about the ashley todd example I have posted since this list.  Isn't that what you are saying?

Edited by Crayola64

6 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

What do you think about the ashley todd example I have posted since this list.  Isn't that what you are saying?

Definitely, and that's the one I gave a nod to. The others on the list seem more like people being stupid/racist. Not specific, coordinated attempts at proving an entire political group is militarized. 

I do wonder about the disparity of media coverage of the Todd example. I have never heard about this, but that may be my issue/blindspot. The fact that liberal media is falling all over themselves with recent revelations about Trump supporters is a telling mark of their agenda and their willingness to give up on reality to fit their narrative. 

Also, in defense of the Todd example, she did work for McCain... So I guess she's a conservative....? Maybe? 

***edit: The most revealing thing to me about the Chicago thing, and the Kids thing, and even the buzzfeed thing, is that we have known the media was strongly biased against Trump. That's obvious. But these have confirmed the fact that they're willing to abandon what little shreds of journalistic integrity that they may have pretended to have in their pursuit of their anti Trump table pounding. 

4 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I just want to be able to walk down the street without gay, black men accusing me of hate crimes. These are dark days. 

Move to Virginia and invest heavily in black shoe polish. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, whatdrought said:

Definitely, and that's the one I gave a nod to. The others on the list seem more like people being stupid/racist. Not specific, coordinated attempts at proving an entire political group is militarized. 

I do wonder about the disparity of media coverage of the Todd example. I have never heard about this, but that may be my issue/blindspot. The fact that liberal media is falling all over themselves with recent revelations about Trump supporters is a telling mark of their agenda and their willingness to give up on reality to fit their narrative. 

That is fair.  I remember the story being on the news, but not nearly to the degree of this current Smollet story.  I believe Mccain himself used the Ashley Todd story numerous times in his favors before it was deemed a hoax.  

Just now, whatdrought said:

Also, in defense of the Todd example, she did work for McCain... So I guess she's a conservative....? Maybe? 

Yea she was a paid organizer for a republic organization or something.  

2 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

That is fair.  I remember the story being on the news, but not nearly to the degree of this current Smollet story.  I believe Mccain himself used the Ashley Todd story numerous times in his favors before it was deemed a hoax.  

Yea she was a paid organizer for a republic organization or something.  

McCain (may he RIP) was an idiot. One thing I have become disillusioned to as I have grown up a conservative, is the way that people will ignore the horribleness of a candidate because he wears the right color tie and makes vague mentions of the right philosophy. Looking back, McCain was a worthless conservative and he got taken to the whipping post because of it (same goes for Romney). That's why I don't defend Trump outside of context. I try (as best I can) to be balanced with my analysis of what he does right and what he does wrong. I get caught up sometimes when ***** like this happens and there's obvious lies being propagated to make him (and by extension, conservatives) look bad.

11 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

Haha you are looking for any way out of this possible.  First off, I think it is funny that are believing the B on her face was accidental (convenient to believe that, I have never accidentally scratched a letter into my face).

Even going with that.  She created a political hoax to cover it up.  She is a mccain staffer, she made up a story about a black guy being upset at her mccain bumper sticker, he scratched a B into her face, and told her to go support Obama.  This is a perfect example.  It doesn't get any better.  How can you say this was not politically motivated, what an outrageous position to take.  

Also, since you keep demanding I prove things.  Go show me where I said they were on par with each other.  Go ahead and do it.  

• RFA
  •  
  • Crayola64
  • Members
  • 946 posts

People staging crimes to prove a political point is beyond bizarre.  Every time I see someone (liberal or conservative) do it, I always wonder why they don’t have something better to do...

Seems like you were putting them on par with each other, now doesn't it?  So are you now saying that there are more liberal created hoaxes than conservative created hoaxes?

13 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I just want to be able to walk down the street without gay, black men accusing me of hate crimes. These are dark days. 

Have you SEEN your posts?  You are one ####### that deserves all the ***** they get.

8 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

McCain (may he RIP) was an idiot. One thing I have become disillusioned to as I have grown up a conservative, is the way that people will ignore the horribleness of a candidate because he wears the right color tie and makes vague mentions of the right philosophy. Looking back, McCain was a worthless conservative and he got taken to the whipping post because of it (same goes for Romney). That's why I don't defend Trump outside of context. I try (as best I can) to be balanced with my analysis of what he does right and what he does wrong. I get caught up sometimes when ***** like this happens and there's obvious lies being propagated to make him (and by extension, conservatives) look bad.

I guess it is off topic, but I didn’t think McCain was that bad in his earlier days.  During his campaign, was when he started to switch, but afterwards he became a complete idiot.  Maybe I wasn’t as observant before though, so I could be wrong.

7 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

• RFA
  •  
  • Crayola64
  • Members
  • 946 posts

People staging crimes to prove a political point is beyond bizarre.  Every time I see someone (liberal or conservative) do it, I always wonder why they don’t have something better to do...

Seems like you were putting them on par with each other, now doesn't it?  So are you now saying that there are more liberal created hoaxes than conservative created hoaxes?

Yea because, someone listing two things is putting them on par.  You are reaching and reaching.  You thought I was making a point that I wasn’t, and ran with it incorrectly.  You should have just admitted that, but whatever.  You are clearly in the wrong and have learned nothing so oh well.  I am moving on.

I have no no idea who has done more,  and don’t claim to say I did (I didn’t) Based on recent events it certainly seems like more liberals making up hoaxes.  But that’s just a guess.

3 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

I guess it is off topic, but I didn’t think McCain was that bad in his earlier days.  During his campaign, was when he started to switch, but afterwards he became a complete idiot.  Maybe I wasn’t as observant before though, so I could be wrong.

That could definitely be the case. It just bothers me when conservatives go whole sale after sorta conservative candidates instead of being intellectually honest about their strengths and weaknesses. I like Trump and a lot of the choices that he makes, but he is not my definition of a proper conservative. 

But yes, very off topic. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

McCain (may he RIP) was an idiot. One thing I have become disillusioned to as I have grown up a conservative, is the way that people will ignore the horribleness of a candidate because he wears the right color tie and makes vague mentions of the right philosophy. Looking back, McCain was a worthless conservative...

McCain was a lot of things, but 'conservative' was never one of them. I initially thought he had a chance against Obama, and then he decided the government needed to bail out people who took out mortgages they had no business getting, and that was that.

Ultimately that election became Captain Terrific vs. Dorf On Golf, and it was terrible.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1