Hate Crime or Hoax?

The_Dude

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Crayola64 said:

People staging crimes to prove a political point is beyond bizarre.  Every time I see someone (liberal or conservative) do it, I always wonder why they don’t have something better to do...

Can you come up with a list of conservative hoaxes?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

Jussie's a victim.  The racist public environment created by Trump over the past 2 years obviously drove him to carry out a hoax.  Hopefully he gets the help he needs and he deserves our sympathy and support. 

This is too blunt to be decent progressive channeling.  You need to focus it more on the feelings, and less on facts.  Like:

"Regardless of who's responsible, Smollett's attack demonstrates the fear black gays live with under the Trump administration, and holding Smollett culpable for being attacked is nothing more than lynching him again."

The rules of progressive nonsense are pretty simple: keep your phrasing factually vague and ambiguous, but emotionally focused and concrete.  But there's a real art to doing it well enough that you sound like you're making a coherent point when you're really just spewing bull####.

I'm not sure the theory behind this has a name yet...but as the first person to describe it, I claim the right to name it "Critical Gibberish Theory."

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

This is too blunt to be decent progressive channeling.  You need to focus it more on the feelings, and less on facts.  Like:

"Regardless of who's responsible, Smollett's attack demonstrates the fear black gays live with under the Trump administration, and holding Smollett culpable for being attacked is nothing more than lynching him again."

The rules of progressive nonsense are pretty simple: keep your phrasing factually vague and ambiguous, but emotionally focused and concrete.  But there's a real art to doing it well enough that you sound like you're making a coherent point when you're really just spewing bull####.

I'm not sure the theory behind this has a name yet...but as the first person to describe it, I claim the right to name it "Critical Gibberish Theory."

EII Theory? 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Can you come up with a list of conservative hoaxes?

I didn’t say liberal or conservative hoaxes, I said falsely being a victim by liberals and conservatives.  

There are plenty of examples of white people falsely accusing minorities of assaulting them.  

My point was it’s so strange to see, regardless of the narrative.

5 hours ago, Crayola64 said:

I didn’t say liberal or conservative hoaxes, I said falsely being a victim by liberals and conservatives.  

There are plenty of examples of white people falsely accusing minorities of assaulting them.  

You said "people staging crimes".  Look at your own quote.  If you look up the definition of hoax that will also help.

7 hours ago, Crayola64 said:

"People staging crimes to prove a political point is beyond bizarre.  Every time I see someone (liberal or conservative) do it, I always wonder why they don’t have something better to do... "

Above is a copy/paste of your statement, made in a response to a list of liberal hoaxes. I asked you to post a list of conservative hoaxes. Your list was "plenty".

8 hours ago, Crayola64 said:

Are there plenty of examples of national media turning these false accusations into huge, political stories, or presidential candidates publicly commenting on them?