The "National Emergency" Thread

Tiberius

10 hours ago, Hedge said:

I don't think Roberts cares about Nancy's opinions at all. There are heads higher up the totem pole.

either way he is turning out to be Souter 2.0 as a stealth Dem on the SCOTUS

• Like (+1) 1

Ha ha, proof that there is no emergency...."I didn't need to do this" Yup!

The article fails to mention all the illegals Trump hired. FRAUD!

DURANGO, Mexico — For decades, U.S. farmers, landscapers and builders tapped a seemingly endless supply of cheap labor: the waves of undocumented immigrants coming across the southern border. The workers arrived in time for harvests and construction booms. They did the low-wage manual labor that Americans were unwilling to do.

By the 2000s, more than half of American farmworkers were undocumented, according to the Labor Department. But now — thanks to border enforcement, the surging cost of smugglers and changes in migration patterns — the number of people crossing into the United States illegally is nearing the lowest level in decades . There are more Mexicans leaving the United States than arriving there

.https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/with-fewer-undocumented-workers-to-hire-us-farmers-are-fueling-a-surge-in-the-number-of-legal-guest-workers/2019/02/21/2b066876-1e5f-11e9-a759-2b8541bbbe20_story.html?utm_term=.3c3e65111613

Suburban women want the wall, buoying Trump after fleeing in 2018

| February 22, 2019 

Suburban women, after fleeing Republicans in the 2018 midterm congressional elections, are coming back to President Trump.

The reason: many want his border wall.

A remarkable new Zogby Analytics poll found that suburban women, more than likely voters, support the wall and Trump’s emergency declaration that will allow him to spend more to build it than Congress has OK’d.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/suburban-women-want-the-wall-buoying-trump-after-fleeing-in-2018

e642ea772ab8b5c48480492109bb2b7a1c2e9c2b.........................:lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Pelosi is forcing a vote on Trump's power grab. Thank God there is an opposition to this clown as the GOP is AWOL. If Trump gets away with this, he will keep doing it. Appease him now and he will only grow bolder. Next national emergency will be just around the corner. 

Just now, Tiberius said:

Pelosi is forcing a vote on Trump's power grab. Thank God there is an opposition to this clown as the GOP is AWOL. If Trump gets away with this, he will keep doing it. Appease him now and he will only grow bolder. Next national emergency will be just around the corner. 

Look at you busting out “Appease.” ?

’Orangeman just like Hitler.’?

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

you do understand this is all pomp and circumstance, right? do you really think Trump would sign it if it ever made it to his desk?

stop being played.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Foxx said:

you do understand this is all pomp and circumstance, right? do you really think Trump would sign it if it ever made it to his desk?

stop being played.

He doesn't even understand that they already voted, when they passed the NEA and other parts of the USC.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

A bipartisan group of 58 former senior national security officials will issue a statement Monday saying that “there is no factual basis” for President Trump’s proclamation of a national emergency to build a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border.

The joint statement, whose signatories include former secretary of state Madeleine Albright and former defense secretary Chuck Hagel, will come a day before the House is expected to vote on a resolution to block Trump’s Feb. 15 declaration.

[Trump declares national emergency on southern border in bid to build wall]

The former officials’ statement, which will be entered into the Congressional Record, is intended to support lawsuits and other actions challenging the national emergency proclamation and to force the administration to set forth the legal and factual basis for it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/former-senior-national-security-officials-to-issue-declaration-on-national-emergency/2019/02/24/3e4908c6-3859-11e9-a2cd-307b06d0257b_story.html?utm_term=.086e2cff9116

"I didn't need to do this" 

MARGARET BRENNAN: Do you think Republican leadership will, in the Senate, will allow for a vote on a resolution to try to block the emergency declaration? . . . 

SEN. ROY BLUNT (R-MO.): I don’t think we have a choice. I think the way that ’74 law was written, the House has a vote, then we have to have a vote. It’s a privileged motion if it’s written correctly and I don’t have any reason to believe they won’t write it--

MARGARET BRENNAN: How will you vote?

SEN. BLUNT: --correctly. I- I don’t know yet. I don’t know yet. I don’t like the process. I don’t think that the emergency declaration law was written to deal with things that the president asked the Congress to do and then the Congress didn’t do. It’s never been used that way before. I want to look carefully at the law. I want to hear what the president’s lawyers have to say about it. I- I really think the president would have been better served by one, taking the money that he- he got in the bill he signed, two, using the transfer authority he had. And I am absolutely confident that those two amounts of money would be more money than could be spent between now and September the 30th. . . .

MARGARET BRENNAN: But in terms of clarifying what you just said, are you saying it is possible that what the president declared is unconstitutional?

SEN. BLUNT: No, no.

MARGARET BRENNAN: You believe he has full authorities to do this--

SEN. BLUNT: Well I don’t know that. . . .

MARGARET BRENNAN: So you could vote to try to block the president from moving forward with this emergency? You just haven't decided yet. Is that fair?

SEN. BLUNT: I think that's fair. I think that's fair, it's also fair to understand that the president says he'll veto whatever--

MARGARET BRENNAN: Right.

SEN. BLUNT: --passes the House and Senate. And so this will be decided in the courts. I think it’s highly unlikely that the veto would be overridden in the House and probably not overridden in the Senate, either one. And so it’s gonna be decided in the courts. And it’s- I think it’s a fairly- it’s a significant court decision

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/transcript-sen-roy-blunt-on-face-the-nation-february-24-2019/

wow