Top Offensive (skill positions) and Defensive UFAs

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That seals it: the Eagles are trading Kelce and/or Peters.  Buffalo should be all over Kelce for a mid-round pick.

Oh, and we should definitely be looking at Preston Smith.

16 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

That seals it: the Eagles are trading Kelce and/or Peters.  Buffalo should be all over Kelce for a mid-round pick.

Oh, and we should definitely be looking at Preston Smith.

I like Smith but he's probably best suited for a 3-4. 

2 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

I like Smith but he's probably best suited for a 3-4. 

He was fine as a Jack, but he also showed well as a down lineman for Miss St. He's got crazy long arms and HUGE mitts, and his 3-cone was outstanding at 271 lbs, so I think he'd be just fine with his hand in the dirt.

32 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

He was fine as a Jack, but he also showed well as a down lineman for Miss St. He's got crazy long arms and HUGE mitts, and his 3-cone was outstanding at 271 lbs, so I think he'd be just fine with his hand in the dirt.

I'd be for it. They need to add to the DL anyway... but with the way this draft is shaping up I'd probably bet on them going that route rather than FA. I think FA is where they're gonna try to shore up the OL, get some guys that don't need to be coached up coming out of college where they barely have experience with their hands in the dirt.

2 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

I'd be for it. They need to add to the DL anyway... but with the way this draft is shaping up I'd probably bet on them going that route rather than FA. I think FA is where they're gonna try to shore up the OL, get some guys that don't need to be coached up coming out of college where they barely have experience with their hands in the dirt.

Agreed.

I'm all for filling every need possible in FA and letting the draft come to them.  Picking at 9, you're almost forced into taking a DL guy this year.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, 2018 Our Year For Sure said:

Bandit, is the LDE different from the RDE in our system?

Not explicitly, but I've noticed that McDermott has preferred longer-limbed, bigger-bodied types at LDE.

I don't think he's legalistic about that though

• Thank you (+1) 1

I know he's not the most popular FA target around here, but seems like his price might end up being lower than anyone expected after a poor end of the year and given his age, generally solid level of play each year (been graded around the #50ish WR in the league each of his 4 years by PFF), and McBeane's familiarity with him, seems like he's a guy we should continue to keep an eye out for.

Granted we may have seen the beginning of a shift towards preferring speed WRs over big targets, but it could have also simply been that we recognized Benjamin sucks and that Foster/McKenzie were worth taking a chance on.

At any rate, the article here mentions that Carolina declined to make any sort of extension offer to Funchess so he will be hitting the open market.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, WMDman said:

I really like Humphries but thats wayyyy too much for him imo

I would just rather see if McKenzie and/or McCloud, throw Jones in the slot or just draft someone.

There is no way in heck I am paying 10-14 for Tate, Humphries or Williams.

19 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Agreed.

I'm all for filling every need possible in FA and letting the draft come to them.  Picking at 9, you're almost forced into taking a DL guy this year.

I agree, but by consensus, the premiere DL are supposed to fly off the Board very early. By 9, we may well find ourselves empty via the teams’ draft ranking board. I’m hoping for a trade back to add another 2nd or better as 6 picks in the final 4 Rounds are typically much more hit or miss. 

We got the cash, let’s grab the stash!