(OT) Request a favor....

If anyone is in the Buffalo area and is willing to send me some sponge candy please pm me. I went to the Buffalofoods.com site and they want almost 30 bucks shipping for 3 lbs of sponge candy. I know it doesn't cost nearly that much so if anyone is willing to help me out let me know. I'll send you a check and my address BEFORE you have to buy anything and then you can have your money before you ship to me. Just let me know the cost of the candy and what shipping will cost and I'll send you out the money. Sorry for the rambling but I've been craving this candy for a while now.... Thanks... :doh:

If anyone is in the Buffalo area and is willing to send me some sponge candy please pm me. I went to the Buffalofoods.com site and they want almost 30 bucks shipping for 3 lbs of sponge candy. I know it doesn't cost nearly that much so if anyone is willing to help me out let me know. I'll send you a check and my address BEFORE you have to buy anything and then you can have your money before you ship to me. Just let me know the cost of the candy and what shipping will cost and I'll send you out the money. Sorry for the rambling but I've been craving this candy for a while now.... Thanks... :doh:

289746[/snapback]

It's about 10 bucks per pound.

http://shop.romolochocolates.com/shopsite/romolo/

289746[/snapback]

Can't help, but I've always preferred the dark chocolate version. Good luck - I miss it, too.

Not sure where in the world you are right now, but there's something out there that is very similar to sponge candy but crispier and IMO better. It's called a Violet Crumble and can often be found at Jason's Deli or International food stores. It has a bright purple wrapper.

Where are you anyway?

Not sure where in the world you are right now, but there's something out there that is very similar to sponge candy but crispier and IMO better. It's called a Violet Crumble and can often be found at Jason's Deli or International food stores. It has a bright purple wrapper.

Where are you anyway?

289756[/snapback]

I'm in Jacksonville NC right now but will soon be on my way to Iraq. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll see if I can find it and try it out. :doh:

Clumpy has me taken care of for the sponge candy. Thanks to everyone for offering.

I'm in Jacksonville NC right now but will soon be on my way to Iraq. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll see if I can find it and try it out.  :)

Clumpy has me taken care of for the sponge candy. Thanks to everyone for offering.

289759[/snapback]

Won't it get mushed over there, and melt? :doh:

Hey if you need something when you get there, let me know. Of course if you do, expect a whole shitload of stuff, my wife when I have sent things for friends doesn't know moderation.

Won't it get mushed over there, and melt?  :doh:   

Hey if you need something when you get there, let me know.  Of course if you do, expect a whole shitload of stuff, my wife when I have sent things for friends doesn't know moderation.

289761[/snapback]

I'll keep that in mind, thanks VA.... I don't go until August since I just got back from the Horn of Africa. The months are flying though. :)

Made in Buffalo sent some to me when I ordered a hundred pounds of Sahlen Hot Dogs from them for McFadden's.

There were some Bills fans watching the game with us that were from this area who had never heard of sponge candy, so I let them try it. Most of them spit it out saying it was awful! I think us WNYers are mutants.

Made in Buffalo sent some to me when I ordered a hundred pounds of Sahlen Hot Dogs from them for McFadden's.

There were some Bills fans watching the game with us that were from this area who had never heard of sponge candy, so I let them try it. Most of them spit it out saying it was awful! I think us WNYers are mutants.

289776[/snapback]

I love the stuff. Plus it has such special memories of my childhood. My Grandmother who recently passed would ALWAYS have it for me when I came to visit her. She knew how much I loved it. I guess it could be an aquired taste if you're used to normal candies...

It's a Great Lakes thing. I have heard they have it in Cleveland. I knew someone from the U.P. of Michigan. They call it angel food there.

Every time I have brought it back here to California, the people I gave it to love it.