Super Bowl 2nd half Game Thread

4 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

What game were you watching?

Same one you watched...but having commented on the flags, the main reason the Rams lost was Goff was horrible and McVay was outcoached. 

Edited by jkeerie

If

1 hour ago, Bfanlc said:

Rams need better wide receivers.

Umm what?! They have one of the best WR corps in the league. They needed a RB tonight. They had the best one in the league and chose not to use him. 

Edited by MPT

Terrible, boring game. I used to be uptight about the Pats winning all these Super Bowls. It surprises me how little I care that the Patriots won. They looked lame doing it, not special, not historic, not scary, not imposing or intimidating. The Rams were pathetic. Whoop-de-doo. Who cares?

2 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I guess you missed some of those blowouts in the 80’s and 90’s.

No this was worse than any of those Denver blowouts, worse than the chargers, worse than the Falcons and worse than the Pats getting demolished by the Bears. It wasn't even good from a great defense perspective. It just plain sucked and  when you tag on the outcome it becomes EPICALLY BAD...

1 minute ago, Dr. K said:

Terrible, boring game. I used to be uptight about the Pats winning all these Super Bowls. It surprises me how little I care that the Patriots won. They looked lame doing it, not special, not historic, not scary, not imposing or intimidating. The Rams were pathetic. Whoop-de-doo. Who cares?

So much for the new "offense wins championships" narrative eh? I'm totally cool with that. The Rams had to do one thing: run Gurley out of his mind. They didn't even attempt to do it. They lost from the first drive. 

1 minute ago, MPT said:

So much for the new "offense wins championships" narrative eh? I'm totally cool with that. The Rams had to do one thing: run Gurley out of his mind. They didn't even attempt to do it. They lost from the first drive. 

Gurley must be hurt.  It is the only thing that makes sense.

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

No, a thousand times no. Are you an NFL fan?

It was pretty bad. I’m fine with it, every game isn’t a 34-31 game with a last second score to win it. But this was a pretty gross game. Punt bowl

8 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

I felt going up to it that there just didnt feel like any hype going into this game. Years past all I remember  going up to the game was the coverage of it and it being such a big deal. I barely recall hearing much about it leading up to today. Then the game itself was boring with no scoring, not because the defence was playing fantastic, it was because they both were just playing really badly.

The best thing about the game was the halftime show, and that's not a compliment to the half time show as it was pretty  bland and  boring too.

3 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Gurley must be hurt.  It is the only thing that makes sense.

Yeah, that makes sense considering he barely played in the championship game. Except, here's the thing: Anderson crushed the Saints. If Gurley was too hurt to play, why didn't they game plan for Anderson? This was a total coaching f***up no matter how you look at it. 

Just now, apuszczalowski said:

I felt going up to it that there just didnt feel like any hype going into this game. Years past all I remember  going up to the game was the coverage of it and it being such a big deal. I barely recall hearing much about it leading up to today. Then the game itself was boring with no scoring, not because the defence was playing fantastic, it was because they both were just playing really badly.

The best thing about the game was the halftime show, and that's not a compliment to the half time show as it was pretty  bland and  boring too.

There really wasn't a true highlight in this game ... a great catch, a long breakaway run, an impressive QB scramble, a huge hit (I guess we're not supposed to like that one anymore). Just a dull game, start to finish.