Everybody in WNY stay safe

Buffalo716

18 minutes ago, Augie said:

Casa di Pizza in the Sarasota, FL area has very good pizza and wings. There were some others, but they were the best, IMO. 

I met the owner, Joe Jacobi, over the holidays at the Casa on Mohawk Street.   He was back here visiting the family.  (Jeff and Lori Jacobi are good friends of mine.  I eat - and drink - at their place several times a week.)

The 3 Jacobi brothers - Jim, Joe , Jeff - owned the original Casa on Elmwood.  Jim and Joe cashed out, Jeff took over in Buffalo, and Joe opened up the 2 places in the Sarasota area.

Edited by The Senator
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, The Senator said:

I met the owner, Joe Jacobi, over the holidays at the Casa on Mohawk Street.   He was back here visiting the family.  (Jeff and Lori Jacobi are good friends of mine.  I eat - and drink - at their place several times a week.)

The 3 Jacobi brothers - Jim, Joe , Jeff - owned the original Casa on Elmwood.  Jim and Joe cashed out, Jeff took over in Buffalo, and Joe opened up the 2 places in the Sarasota area.

Please tell them I loved their place in Sarasota (off University Pkwy), and beg them to open one near me in Atlanta! I’ve almost given up on pizza. I can’t find anything that is good enough to interest me. Antico Pizza is OK, but it’s just not the same. A buddy who recently moved here wants to bring pizza for the Super Bowl and asked where to get it. I didn’t have an answer. 

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Please tell them I loved their place in Sarasota (off University Pkwy), and beg them to open one near me in Atlanta! I’ve almost given up on pizza. I can’t find anything that is good enough to interest me. Antico Pizza is OK, but it’s just not the same. A buddy who recently moved here wants to bring pizza for the Super Bowl and asked where to get it. I didn’t have an answer. 

I’ll be sure to let them know!

The Jacobi’s are great folks .  They do so much for the community - during the shutdown, they delivered 40 pizzas to the TSA employees at the airport.  They are animal lovers, and every Wednesday they deliver free pizzas to the workers at the local animal shelter.  When I had my most recent chemoembolization, Roswell wouldn’t let me take an Uber or taxi home - Jeff and Lori sent a driver to pick me up!

They’ll be tickled to hear you want a Casa in Atlanta.  Who knows?  Maybe you’ll get one!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Blizzard warnings all over. The wind is gusting and visibility is down to nothing.

0 degrees in Buffalo right now with 30 mph winds. Feels like -25 with lake effect coming down

stay warm and safe

Thx Buff 716.  Sitting at home all warm and comfy.  Wondering if I will get my plane out tomorrow afternoon.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Deniros was open I’m Cheektowaga/ Depew... so was Gandys on union road though no delivery.

also Wallys in Cheektowaga Sloan was open

Ahh..no.

And Gandys is on Cleveland

Knob Hill Coalition..rite hea

Edited by Misterbluesky

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

It’s union and Cleveland inside that little plaza suck it

and deniros was 100% open , so was wallys I know the owner

Could you sweet talk him into delivering to Atlanta? 

Well, we made the ABC national news tonight!

Driving ban now includes Lancaster, where I’m stuck with my 92 year-old father.  Not much to do - even our chocolate lab refuses to go outside.

Supposed to have dinner out in Hamburg on Friday, if my friend’s flight into Buffalo isn’t cancelled tomorrow morning, and if they lift the driving ban.

Hoping I can get back to my Buffalo home by the Super Bowl.

Edited by The Senator

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I can try ?

My son had Bocces deliverer (FedEx) for my birthday. I think he added every topping they had, then we had plans for several days so it just sat half baked in the fridge too long. I had done it in the past where it turned out much better, but I think that was mostly on me and the order. I think I have until noon tomorrow to order for delivery before the SB. Hmmm.....