Scientists on the brink of finding a cure for cancer?

2 hours ago, The Senator said:

Well that’s a very cynical - and naive - way of looking at things.

Places like Dana Farber, Sloan Kettering, Mayo Clinic, Cleveland Clinic, Johns Hopkins, and dozens - if not hundreds - of others, including our own very excellent Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center - are working round the clock and spending $$billions$$ on research trying to find new ways to treat and cure cancer.  Problem is, there are so many different typeset of cancer.

For the 43% of those diagnosed with liver cancer at an early stage, the 5/year survival rate is 31%, if it hasn’t spread to other parts of the body.

Roswell has managed to keep me alive since I was diagnosed in 2012, thru some unique treatments pioneered right here in Buffalo.  So I’m lucky enough to be in that 31%, but I’ve been on ‘borrowed time’ for 2 years now.

Money isn’t the problem.  Cancer is just such an insidious disease that a true cure remains elusive.

Here we go... just keep throwing money at it.

42 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Here we go... just keep throwing money at it.

I should have taken Mark Twain ‘s advice...

“Never argue with an idiot; they will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.” 

Edited by The Senator

45 minutes ago, The Senator said:

I should have taken Mark Twain ‘s advice...

“Never argue with an idiot; they will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.” 

Dude just stop with the dumb bull####. Can't even talk about something without some idiot taking it overboard.

Edited by Boca BIlls

40 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Sister was just diagnosed yesterday. Israelis don't mess around -- Hoping this is even half true.

I saw an article a few years ago about some scientists using a modified HIV virus to eliminate leukemia.  

These guys are brilliant and they'll keep advancing their knowledge.  

https://www.foxnews.com/health/disabled-hiv-virus-used-to-treat-common-childhood-leukemia

On 1/30/2019 at 2:37 PM, Mark80 said:

....until the Pharma companies set to lose billions of dollars because their treatments and prescriptions are no longer needed, squash it to keep their pockets full with dying people's money.  Cynical, yes.  A real possibility, also yes.

Think of all the charities hustling the buck and selling the emotions.  It's all a big racket.