Bad Date Stories

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I'll have been single for two years this coming April.  I've been on one date.  A mutual friend put us in contact with each other.  They both wait tables at the same restaurant.

We spoke on the phone a couple times, then decided to meet.

During the phone conversations, she told me she worked as a project manager for a major retail chain, specializing in opening new stores.  Waiting tables was just for supplemental income.  Believable, since our mutual friend does the waiting tables as a side gig, himself.

We meet.  Fairly attractive.  Very nice person.  Things are going well.  Over a couple drinks we just chat.  Through our chat, I find out that the project management for the retail chain WAS what she did until a few years ago.  Now she does that work on a contract basis - but hasn't had anyone bring her on.

Then I discover that she's living with her sister and has been looking for her own place.

Then I find out that her car is, "in the shop."

Nice enough person, but as I reflected on the evening, I realized that I was on a date with a woman who waits tables for a living (nothing wrong with that if it's full-time, which she is not), has no place of her own to call home and is carless.  Plus, she lied about her employment.

No, thanks.

No one needs to carry dead weight.  A bit of a parallel....not necessarily a date story but a girl I was dating.

I was finishing up my education, living in CNY bartending part-time, and had just accepted my first job down in Charlotte.  About to make big moves in my life.  The girl I was dating at the time was absolutely stunning.  Probably too hot for me, but sort of immature and liked to party a little too much for her age (25-26).  Frequently, she would go out to the bar while was working or studying, and then crawl into bed next to me at 2 or 3 am smelling like booze.

I knew I was going to be moving out of state, so we had a serious conversation about my need for her to better herself in one way or another.  I suggested that she take some classes to work toward finishing her degree.  I suggested that she try to find a full-time job (she waitressed like 2-3 nights per week and mommy gave her money).

After about 6 months I was about a month away from moving to Charlotte.  Start a new life.  She assumed she was coming with me, as we had been dating for almost 2 years.  Welp, I had to let her know that I was moving south by myself because she had yet to prove to me that she could get her ***** together enough to contribute.  I wasn’t going to support her.  That relationship ended very abruptly, and I got a single new start in Charlotte which was for the best.

About a month before meeting me, my wife went out with a guy she met online. They went to dinner, then bowling. She said she was having a really good time, and he seemed like a normal guy in his early twenties. Then they went out to get some desert, because they were enjoying each other's company and wanted to keep hanging out. 

That's when he unloads on her that he's recently divorced, due the the fact that he was into "pegging, (google it if you don't know, NSFW though)" and if she wasn't into that, the relationship probably wasn't gonna work out. Gotta at least respect the honesty I guess. 

3 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

About a month before meeting me, my wife went out with a guy she met online. They went to dinner, then bowling. She said she was having a really good time, and he seemed like a normal guy in his early twenties. Then they went out to get some desert, because they were enjoying each other's company and wanted to keep hanging out. 

That's when he unloads on her that he's recently divorced, due the the fact that he was into "pegging, (google it if you don't know, NSFW though)" and if she wasn't into that, the relationship probably wasn't gonna work out. Gotta at least respect the honesty I guess. 

That's a lot to unload on the first date.  In any event it is not a deal breaker (maybe aside from pegging) for future dates if someone is willing to put all their cards (or as many as they have a right to expect) on the table at the first date.  As to the "pegging" I would think telling someone that is a priority would kill most normal relationships.  You are at the point of joining a "club" if you are really into that.

Had this tinder date a couple years back where she invited me directly to her place after we had texted for about 10 days. (Idk why some hot chick would invite some random dude back to their place that they havent formally met before but whatever I suppose... I was down.) 

So I get to her place and there are two other girls there, one a roommate, and another friend. We hang out, drink, and get ripped outta our minds. Im cross-faded like a drunk extraterrestrial. 

After two hours or so, I find out that the roommate also has a tinder date that she too has never met who is coming over shortly. 

This hipster-kurt cobain-looking mother ***** shows up and he's not even close to the same level as us. anyways..

All of us are chatting in the kitchen, (still blitzed- asides from the new guy) but at some point, the roommate moves to a part of the apartment where only i can see her, and gives me the "this aint gonna work" or "cut it out" sign-- The one that Jonah Hill is famous for doing at the Oscars (for reference: https://youtu.be/4MbJR6R8Ujg?t=148). 

Im thinking, "*****- she's not enjoying her date, and wants ME to kick him out." 

The weed paranoia kicks in hardcore, and I've made up my mind that I'm going to kick this dude out. Im anxious as all hell.. the whole time I'm thinking, "I have the responsibility of kicking this dude out???? This isn't even my place!" 

Finally, the groups conversation comes to a slow stop. The moment has come. I decide to step up to the plate. In front of the 3 chicks I say, "Im sorry man, but this isn't working out.... You've gotta go."  

Everyone is confused. Im confused. My confusion turns into embarrassment. I try to excuse myself after making a total ass out of myself, but then everyone starts laughing at the misunderstanding. The situation gets defused. 

The roommate explains to me that she was just trying to tell me that we had to stop smoking. That she was too high. I was too high. I completely misread the situation. The group worked it out. It was all good.

My embarrassment still hangs with me the rest of the night, but I got to fool around with my date and leave after. 

side note: the day after, my date told me that I got huge brownie points from her roommate hahahahaha