Bad Date Stories

15 minutes ago, teef said:

and how.  i'm not a guy that will do well in prison.

A man that grew up in my wife's parents old neighborhood got sent to Attica around 20 years ago.  Before he went in he was mr tough guy when he talked but when he got out he slept with the lights on and jumped to the slightest sound.

24 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Women would do better with this question. If I ever hit Power Ball, I am going to invest money into a show about computer dating. The stories women have told me are really insane. Some are funny, others are VERY creepy.

Creepy dating stories are almost a given for most women - except if you are someone who married your high school sweetheart.  

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I literally had a girl tell me as soon as I picked her up that she was tired because she was on a date the night before and they were up all night.  The night ended early that night.

Did the occasion of you picking her up begin with the phrase, "hey, do you want a date" as you drove past?

37 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Women would do better with this question. If I ever hit Power Ball, I am going to invest money into a show about computer dating. The stories women have told me are really insane. Some are funny, others are VERY creepy.

My 79-year-old widowed mother recently tried out "Our Time" for a couple of months -- what she told me about the sorts of messages and interaction she received was extremely creepy.

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, teef said:

i had one from an online date years ago.  i think it was someone from match.com.  i was in my early 30s and she was maybe 24/25.  We messaged online, exchanged numbers, and the dirty texts began.  figured i had gotten lucky and was going to have a fun night.  well, she came over and things were a bit strange.  she was really playful, but almost in an angry, aggressive way.  even punching me in the shoulders/arms.  along with that, she brought her own booze.  not just the booze, but a set up...mixers, limes, etc.  multiple bottles in a bag. ok.  why not?

we just hang out, making drinks, and she's  getting pretty drunk.  at one point she disappears into the bathroom for 10 minutes or so, and comes out completely out of her mind.  cranks the music to the point i thought the speakers were going to blow out.  dancing around, rambling on.  this goes on for about 20 minutes, then bam!  she passes out.  dead to the world, can't wake her up, out.  then the panic set in.  here i am, a guy in his early 30s with this young girl completely busted in my house.  nothing good comes from a scenario like that.  i stopped dating randomly after that. 

That's a great one!

Do you have any more, Mr. Cosby??

1 hour ago, eball said:

Did the occasion of you picking her up begin with the phrase, "hey, do you want a date" as you drove past?

My 79-year-old widowed mother recently tried out "Our Time" for a couple of months -- what she told me about the sorts of messages and interaction she received was extremely creepy.

I am 100% sure that this is true. It is dangerous for women out there on these sites. Seriously.

Went on a first date with a girl from Match, doing the whole "getting to know you". She's telling me how she has all these high morals and ethics, then later proceeds to tell me how she downloads movies off the internet because they charge too much at the theaters, but it's okay because it's just for her and her son. And no, her name was not Tracy Lee. 

I know I have a few other stories, but that's the only one I can recall right now. 

Edited by Just Jack

I'll have been single for two years this coming April.  I've been on one date.  A mutual friend put us in contact with each other.  They both wait tables at the same restaurant.

We spoke on the phone a couple times, then decided to meet.

During the phone conversations, she told me she worked as a project manager for a major retail chain, specializing in opening new stores.  Waiting tables was just for supplemental income.  Believable, since our mutual friend does the waiting tables as a side gig, himself.

We meet.  Fairly attractive.  Very nice person.  Things are going well.  Over a couple drinks we just chat.  Through our chat, I find out that the project management for the retail chain WAS what she did until a few years ago.  Now she does that work on a contract basis - but hasn't had anyone bring her on.

Then I discover that she's living with her sister and has been looking for her own place.

Then I find out that her car is, "in the shop."

Nice enough person, but as I reflected on the evening, I realized that I was on a date with a woman who waits tables for a living (nothing wrong with that if it's full-time, which she is not), has no place of her own to call home and is carless.  Plus, she lied about her employment.

No, thanks.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'll have been single for two years this coming April.  I've been on one date.  A mutual friend put us in contact with each other.  They both wait tables at the same restaurant.

During the phone conversations, she told me she worked as a project manager for a major retail chain, specializing in opening new stores.  Waiting tables was just for supplemental income.  Believable, since our mutual friend does the waiting tables as a side gig, himself.

We meet.  Fairly attractive.  Very nice person.  Things are going well.  Over a couple drinks we just chat.  Through our chat, I find out that the project management for the retail chain WAS what she did until a few years ago.  Now she does that work on a contract basis - but hasn't had anyone bring her on.

Then I discover that she's living with her sister and has been looking for her own place.

Nice enough person, but as I reflected on the evening, I realized that I was on a date with a woman who waits tables for a living (nothing wrong with that if it's full-time, which she is not), has no place of her own to call home and is carless.  Plus, she lied about her employment.

No, thanks.

I would have gone out a second time. Bad things happen to good people.  Not saying that fibbing on her employment was a good thing but would have you gone through with the date if she had not fibbed?  In the last day I found out an old college connection committed suicide.  HIs life had been in a downward spiral for some time.  The family business crapped the bed through no fault of his own.  Just changing times.  Sometimes it takes all the strength in the world just to make it through a day and maybe this is where this woman is at.  

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I would have gone out a second time. Bad things happen to good people.  Not saying that fibbing on her employment was a good thing but would have you gone through with the date if she had not fibbed?  In the last day I found out an old college connection committed suicide.  HIs life had been in a downward spiral for some time.  The family business crapped the bed through no fault of his own.  Just changing times.  Sometimes it takes all the strength in the world just to make it through a day and maybe this is where this woman is at.  

I'm very much with you on the "bad things happen to good people."  At the risk of sounding cold and/or callous (I'm really neither), I've got a teenage son to raise and provide for; I don't have the time, money, energy or desire to take on another dependent; especially one going on 50 years old.

If/when I reach a "date number two," with someone, she'll be financially independent, have her own place to live and have a reliable vehicle.

Edited by Gugny
  • Like (+1) 3

33 minutes ago, Gugny said:

No, thanks.

Yeah. I'd actually be okay with all of that if she was honest and upfront about it. 

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe

On 1/30/2019 at 9:53 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

I literally had a girl tell me as soon as I picked her up that she was tired because she was on a date the night before and they were up all night.  The night ended early that night.

You think your Birkenstock’s had anything to do with it?

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'm very much with you on the "bad things happen to good people."  At the risk of sounding cold and/or callous (I'm really neither), I've got a teenage son to raise and provide for; I don't have the time, money, energy or desire to take on another dependent; especially one going on 50 years old.

If/when I reach a "date number two," with someone, she'll be financially dependent, her own place to live and a reliable vehicle.

I get where you are coming from and I have made that call before.  Freshman year in college I was interested in a woman that was in the same curriculum as me but a year older.  I could not take the next step and ask her out because she had a lot of uncertainty swirling around her and my call was that she lacked self discipline.  I don't think I could have done one thing to fix that.  Her friend was just the opposite who seemed to be in excellent control of her life, knew what she wanted, and was very good looking as well.  The friend already had a steady boyfriend and she was not coming off of him so she was not an option.  If I was no longer with my wife I would probably be seeking the friend out.  I drove past her home while going by on business a few years ago and it was pretty easy to not stop by and felt it probably would have been disrespectful to my wife to do so.  Would have been nice to stop just to talk but I did not want to launch the thousand ships of "what if" on this woman.  Sorry to prattle on but life has made more aware of what might be going on with someone else versus being college age.  I've been doing a lot of reflecting the last day.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I get where you are coming from and I have made that call before.  Freshman year in college I was interested in a woman that was in the same curriculum as me but a year older.  I could not take the next step and ask her out because she had a lot of uncertainty swirling around her and my call was that she lacked self discipline.  I don't think I could have done one thing to fix that.  Her friend was just the opposite who seemed to be in excellent control of her life, knew what she wanted, and was very good looking as well.  The friend already had a steady boyfriend and she was not coming off of him so she was not an option.  If I was no longer with my wife I would probably be seeking the friend out.  I drove past her home while going by on business a few years ago and it was pretty easy to not stop by and felt it probably would have been disrespectful to my wife to do so.  Would have been nice to stop just to talk but I did not want to launch the thousand ships of "what if" on this woman.  Sorry to prattle on but life has made more aware of what might be going on with someone else versus being college age.  I've been doing a lot of reflecting the last day.

I'm sorry about the loss of your friend.

21 minutes ago, Gugny said:

If/when I reach a "date number two," with someone, she'll be financially dependent, her own place to live and a reliable vehicle.

..no saying" I am  not interested in anything steady, just a FWB type thing..you in for that ?"

17 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

..no saying" I am  not interested in anything steady, just a FWB type thing..you in for that ?"

I mean .... I like you, plenz ... you make really good wings .... but I'm straight, dude.  I'll have to pass.