Excuse Me! But You STINK!

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

They were all boarded.  Who knows what happened.  Maybe another Delta situation happened at last second.  If that happened and a crew member showed up at last second... Of course they will lie...  They don't want another Delta situation on their hands.

But of course all holier than thou guys like @sherpa know... Because they got the "in." LoL.. We need to trust him... LoL... 

The mllion dollar post!

Huh... You say I am an anti-Semite because I am pro-Semitic.

Be careful who you are calling an idiot. /smh

They want to fly home.  Let them stay on plane!

And be careful who you are calling a liar or a trickster.

This thread is the "Sum of all Fantasies."

Yours.

They don't need to "trick" people off an airplane.

There is a protocol that is followed, and people are, (almost always happily), bought off.

If that protocol isn't followed, the gate agent can get fired for the nonsense you propose, and other employees would have clearly noticed it.

Absolutely if the nonsense you suggest that a crewmember showed up.

And a minor point. Airlines don't "drag" people off airplanes. Law enforcement people have done so.

8 minutes ago, sherpa said:

And be careful who you are calling a liar or a trickster.

This thread is the "Sum of all Fantasies."

Yours.

They don't need to "trick" people off an airplane.

There is a protocol that is followed, and people are, (almost always happily), bought off.

If that protocol isn't followed, the gate agent can get fired for the nonsense you propose, and other employees would have clearly noticed it.

Absolutely if the nonsense you suggest that a crewmember showed up.

And a minor point. Airlines don't "drag" people off airplanes. Law enforcement people have done so.

Yeah... Happy bought off:

LEO's just do the dirty work. 

If this situation ever presents itself again, there is no doubt they need to trick someone off.

"Come with me Sir, there is a family emergency."

[Door Shuts]

"Man!  You smell, the other passengers said so.  They complained."

?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

13 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah... Happy bought off:

LEO's just do the dirty work. 

If this situation ever presents itself again, there is no doubt they need to trick someone off.

"Come with me Sir, there is a family emergency."

[Door Shuts]

"Man!  You smell, the other passengers said so.  They complained."

?

is this subject hitting too close to home for you? were you removed from a plane for something? were you picked on in grade school for.... oh, say, anything?  which in turn gave you PTSD because it sure seems that way. that or your SJW syndrome is in overdrive.

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Foxx said:

is this subject hitting too close to home for you? were you removed from a plane for something? were you picked on in grade school for.... oh, say, anything?  which in turn gave you PTSD because it sure seems that way. that or your SJW syndrome is in overdrive.

I smell.  So Yes.  ??

Doesn't one kinda empathize with the family.  Really BO thaaat bad?  If it's true... Seemed like they ganged up on them.  

Or... Are people just over sensitive or the airline is lying.  Or maybe the people that complained are anti-Semitic?

It's all a possibility.

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I smell.  So Yes.  ??

Doesn't one kinda empathize with the family.  Really BO thaaat bad?  If it's true... Seemed like they ganged up on them.  

Or... Are people just over sensitive or the airline is lying.  Or maybe the people that complained are anti-Semitic?

It's all a possibility.

sure. it is also possible they they may have have a bag of mm's before boarding the plane.

it just seems a bit odd that you are so invested in this. quite possibly more so than the family that got kicked off the plane.

Edited by Foxx

5 minutes ago, Foxx said:

sure. it is also possible they they may have have a bag of mm's before boarding the plane.

it just seems a bit odd that you are so invested in this. quite possibly more so than the family that got kicked off the plane.

I am just invested in this silly argument... Just something to talk about, pass time in conversation.  If you want to call the incessant banter (hope what I think is banter and not nastier) "conversation."  

Or maybe you just don't have any freakin' idea what really happened.

Typically, what happens is something like this.

A few people notice something  "odd" the gate area.

During boarding, a number of passengers complain to a flight attendant about an issue like this, and state that they will not sit next to the issue.

The flight attendant has a problem. People have to be seated to taxi.

The flight attendant checks out the situation, determines it to be valid, and gets the lead flight attendant involved, who also determines it to be valid.

They tell the captain and the passenger gets removed, discretely.

They don't stand around and holler at the stinky people that they are being removed because it is not possible to operate the flight and have everyone in their seats because people refuse to sit near them. 

The airline buys them a hotel room and two meals and gets them where they are going.

That is how it works.

You don't have some grand display in the cabin that embarrasses them.

Late edit, 'cause I just read another goofy claim of yours.

Airlines are not anti Semitic. Miami has plenty of Jewish people that fly all the time, and the suggestion is idiotic. Crazy nonsense. 

And if your claim is that the passengers were anti Semitic, its just as much lunacy.

Further, it wasn't United that that event happened.

It was one of their commuter operators.

Edited by sherpa

1 minute ago, sherpa said:

Or maybe you just don't have any freakin' idea what really happened.

Typically, what happens is something like this.

A few people notice something  "odd" the gate area.

During boarding, a number of passengers complain to a flight attendant about an issue like this, and state that they will not sit next to the issue.

The flight attendant has a problem. People have to be seated to taxi.

The flight attendant checks out the situation, determines it to be valid, and gets the lead flight attendant involved, who also determines it to be valid.

They tell the captain and the passenger gets removed, discretely.

They don't stand around and holler at the stinky people that they are being removed because it is not possible to operate the flight and have everyone in their seats because people refuse to sit near them. 

The airline buys them a hotel room and two meals and gets them where they are going.

That is how it works.

You don't have some grand display in the cabin that embarrasses them.

What happens if the issue is them being Jewish and the smell thing is made up?

You should be a mind reader.

That's what the gentleman is saying.

If he does sue, I guess they can get the passengers to testify.

Just now, ExiledInIllinois said:

What happens if the issue is them being Jewish and the smell thing is made up?

You should be a mind reader.

That's what the gentleman is saying.

If he does sue, I guess they can get the passengers to testify.

An airline is never going to remove a family because some other passengers don't like Jews.

A flight attendant would listen to the complaint, smell, determine it to be valid, smell, and behave in a manner they are trained.

If there was no smell, the flight attendant would so state, and offer the complainant to accept their Jewishness and get off if they didn't like it.

Just now, sherpa said:

An airline is never going to remove a family because some other passengers don't like Jews.

A flight attendant would listen to the complaint, smell, determine it to be valid, smell, and behave in a manner they are trained.

If there was no smell, the flight attendant would so state, and offer the complainant to accept their Jewishness and get off if they didn't like it.

You have faith in your chosen field. That's admirable. Glad you speak for your profession.  You should be a spokesperson. 

Agree to disagree.  Don't you have a plane to fly.  Now, lock yourself in there and speak when you're spoken too.  ?

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

You have faith in your chosen field. That's admirable. Glad you speak for your profession.  You should be a spokesperson. 

Agree to disagree.  Don't you have a plane to fly.  Now, lock yourself in there and speak when you're spoken too.  ?

"Faith" in my profession?

That doesn't make any sense, but not much you have posted does.

As for the rest of your post, I am not one to use profanity or react strongly to people who do really stupid things on the internet, but you can surmise my response about what a good suggestion might be. 

15 minutes ago, sherpa said:

"Faith" in my profession?

That doesn't make any sense, but not much you have posted does.

As for the rest of your post, I am not one to use profanity or react strongly to people who do really stupid things on the internet, but you can surmise my response about what a good suggestion might be. 

Don't feel your position so deeply and you won't feel the need to use profanity and react strongly to the stupid arguments you get yourself into on the internet. 

I simply side with the family mainly because of the airlines refusal to not give their stuff back. Again, I can agree with American Airlines decision if they just made everybody wait and got the family's stuff off.  These are lives and emotions your fellow industry co-workers are effing with. Again, if people were really bothered by the smell... They can wait.  Everybody work a little harder.  Passengers want somebody removed simply over BO (very subjective) then the airlines can do the job right.  Planes wait all the time when it suits the airlines or there are mechanical issues.  Make these people whole, right then and there.

Be fair and stop taking yourself so seriously.  You make some good points, I understand what you are saying... Now meet the alleged smelly family half way.  Everybody is in this together.

Sermon....any serious speech, discourse, or exhortation, especially on a moral issue.

a long, tedious speech.
Save your's for someone who might listen, and this isn't an "argument." This is you making a fool of yourself.

You have absolutely no idea what happened.
You suggest anti Semitism, some crazy ass nonsense about air marshals.
Unrelated and idiotic air traffic control priorities, lying, tricking, all of which would get someone fired, law suites and I can't remember what else.

In the meantime,  you are grossly ignorant of how these things are best handled without embarrassing people more than necessary, and paying their bill because others could not stand to be next to them.

At the end, you tell someone who might know something about this thing, because...you know....it happens all the time, to "speak when you're spoken to."
You are quite the man.

Edited by sherpa

15 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Sermon....any serious speech, discourse, or exhortation, especially on a moral issue.

a long, tedious speech.
Save your's for someone who might listen, and this isn't an "argument." This is you making a fool of yourself.

You have absolutely no idea what happened.
You suggest anti Semitism, some crazy ass nonsense about air marshals.
Unrelated and idiotic air traffic control priorities, lying, tricking, all of which would get someone fired, law suites and I can't remember what else.

In the meantime,  you are grossly ignorant of how these things are best handled without embarrassing people more than necessary, and paying their bill because others could not stand to be next to them.

At the end, you tell someone who might know something about this thing, because...you know....it happens all the time, to "speak when you're spoken to."
You are quite the man.

You replying to me?

Then man up and just do it.  But if you want the last word because I didn't get the notification, then have at it.

You simply don't know what happened either.  I am throwing a lot out there.  What we do know what happened is they were duped off the plane.  Humiliated.  Then their stuff flew away and left shut out of their ride home until the morning.  That's pretty much documented and agreed with.

How is that better...??

20 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

If the smell bothers the rest of the attendants yes. Responsibility goes to over using a smell masker as well... Why not just take a shower before you leave to go to an airplane.

I mentioned earlier that my wife sat next to an 80 year old woman who had an odor and the attendants refused to move her.  (either of them) 

Have you ever spent 30 plus hours traveling from way across the pond in hot stuffy airports and airplanes? 

Try sitting in the general lounge with a late flight in New Delhi India from 5 PM to 2 AM then get on the plane for another 8 hours. 

On 1/25/2019 at 1:19 AM, ExiledInIllinois said:

@Gugny says we need a "hippy revival" in this country!

I am starting to rethink I ever agreed with with him.  

?

Aren’t we having a ‘hippy revival ‘ this August?

It’s called ‘Woodstock II”, or ‘Woodstock 50’, or ‘Woodstock 2019’, or some sh*t like that,, even though it’s being held at Watkins Glen...

https://www.syracuse.com/expo/life-and-culture/g66l-2019/01/88dc85e350904/woodstock-2019-lineup-which-original-acts-will-play-50th-anniversary.html

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I mentioned earlier that my wife sat next to an 80 year old woman who had an odor and the attendants refused to move her.  (either of them) 

Have you ever spent 30 plus hours traveling from way across the pond in hot stuffy airports and airplanes? 

Try sitting in the general lounge with a late flight in New Delhi India from 5 PM to 2 AM then get on the plane for another 8 hours. 

Why would I put myself through that? I dont really care about other countries. We all know India is filthy.

Edited by Boca BIlls

28 minutes ago, The Senator said:

Aren’t we having a ‘hippy revival ‘ this August?

It’s called ‘Woodstock II”, or ‘Woodstock 50’, or ‘Woodstock 2019’, or some sh*t like that,, even though it’s being held at Watkins Glen...

https://www.syracuse.com/expo/life-and-culture/g66l-2019/01/88dc85e350904/woodstock-2019-lineup-which-original-acts-will-play-50th-anniversary.html

Gonna be a lot of stink there! LoL... Covered in trust fund baby cologne!

On 1/25/2019 at 1:19 PM, Seasons1992 said:

I hand-washed my jersey and ugly sweater in the tub with Woolite after the tailgate........I smelled like a campfire.

I went on a 3 day camping trip(80s kids versus 90's kids) and was promised to be back in time for a shower before me and a friend boarded a plane back home.  Well needless to say, we barely made the flight, and had no time to freshen up.  We smelled like campfire and three days in the woods.  We flew no problem.  I apologize to whomever was on that flight