OT - BS in LA

I agree there are similar situations, when my parents had Sabres season tickets the last year at the Aud, they were $5 each a game and in the Crossroads/MMA/HSBC they were $18, similar ratio, but hard to compare a $1066 bump to a $100K bump. I think its great he worked and was able to buy himself $20,000 worth of baseball tickets and crap that they increased it. I'm not about to be jealous. People might want to take note and think about their lives instead of criticizing others. How about reassessing your spending and saving a little so maybe you can afford something when you retire instead of pissing away money now?

Was he "loyal" to his fellow Brooklyners when he offered the deposit? And the team relocated?

He who lives by the sword dies by the sword... Life sucks. He can still keep his same seats!

The dugout in front of him was a convienence. Like moving next to vacant land that you "used" for many years. Now some developer wants to develop it. Hey! You can buy it for a price. :blink:

There is no loyalty anymore. This Dodger fan proved it 47 years ago. Now he wants that same courtesy? Give me a break! I am sorry for the old geezer... If it had been another franchise that never moved, I could see his point... Maybe?

Now you have the modern coporate baseball team ** ashewing ** all that is great about baseball - in a way, spitting on it.

289272[/snapback]

gezundheit.

(fyi, it's 'eschewing')

:blink:

Everytime there's a post about how someone has money, people start posting negative comments about that person.  Every time.

CW

289357[/snapback]

That's the way the left works. If you've succeeded in capitalism, there must be something wrong with YOU.

That's the way the left works. If you've succeeded in capitalism, there must be something wrong with YOU.

289540[/snapback]

Is that what my post says?

I say, the guy should pay and not get a free pass? Does he deserve it over making more money for the team and its continued success?

Baseball is part of that same capitalistic system?

Something wrong with that (Baseball)? :blink:

Is that what my post says?

I say, the guy should pay and not get a free pass?  Does he deserve it over making more money for the team and its continued success?

Baseball is part of that same capitalistic system? 

Something wrong with that (Baseball)? :blink:

289544[/snapback]

No, but someone in this thread seems to have a problem with a guy enjoying the fruits of his success.

Was he "loyal" to his fellow Brooklyners when he offered the deposit?  And the team relocated?

He who lives by the sword dies by the sword... Life sucks.  He can still keep his same seats!

There is no loyalty anymore.  This Dodger fan proved it 47 years ago.  Now he wants that same courtesy?  Give me a break!  I am sorry for the old geezer... If it had been another franchise that never moved, I could see his point... Maybe?

289514[/snapback]

He wasn't a Brooklyn fan. Read the article again. He sent his check when he found out they were moving to LA. He was in LA not Brooklyn. I think this guy is getting screwed. He's a war veteran who has worked hard for everything he has. He even gave up tickets throughout the year for different charities and for others to enjoy. If you don't think he's getting screwed then you have no heart. I agree with Fez. Jealousy, that's simply all that it is. :blink:

He wasn't a Brooklyn fan. Read the article again. He sent his check when he found out they were moving to LA. He was in LA not Brooklyn. I think this guy is getting screwed. He's a war veteran who has worked hard for everything he has. He even gave up tickets throughout the year for different charities and for others to enjoy. If you don't think he's getting screwed then you have no heart. I agree with Fez. Jealousy, that's simply all that it is.  :blink:

289558[/snapback]

I am sorry... I don't log on to the LA Times...

Sorry again.

Then again... Still a franchise "vulture."

Make him pay... Like I said he still gets his same seats, just not the convienence of the dugout.

Baseball is a business first people! It is a free market... He doesn't want to pay... so what!

He is just whining. I got nothing wrong with him paying!

Again... What if I had a big field behind my house I didn't own? For 50 years I mowed it and took care of it... Using it as extra space... The owner didn't mind... Now the owner sells to a developer for more money I can give him? What is he to do... Take the loss?

I want the land, I pay for it.

It is all about the green. Sit a little closer to the game, pay more.

I must have no heart?

It is not about the money the guy has. I could care less. I feel real proud and happy he led a good life.

It is all about business.

Ya, he is getting screwed.

Sounds like people are begrudging baseball for being a business? Don't be jealous of the game and what it takes from you... You have a choice, DON'T WATCH!

I could care less.

There's that phrase again... I posted this in another thread:

As an aside, shouldn't the phrase really be, "I couldn't really care less?" I mean, "could really care less" means that you care a bit, and that there is a lower level of caring that you could do. It's never made any sense to me.

Maybe I should see if I can find the origin of the phrase and why it's "could care less." :blink:

CW

Again... What if I had a big field behind my house I didn't own?  For 50 years I mowed it and took care of it... Using it as extra space... The owner didn't mind... Now the owner sells to a developer for more money I can give him?  What is he to do... Take the loss?

I want the land, I pay for it.

It is all about the green.  Sit a little closer to the game, pay more.

I must have no heart?

It is not about the money the guy has.  I could care less.  I feel real proud and happy he led a good life.

It is all about business.

Ya, he is getting screwed.

Sounds like people are begrudging baseball for being a business?  Don't be jealous of the game and what it takes from you... You have a choice, DON'T WATCH!

289583[/snapback]

My point is that there is no loyalty to anything anymore. Is it really going to hurt the Dodgers that much to reward this guy for nearly 50 years of loyalty to this team? How many of those years did the Dodgers absolutely suck? Most of them. You can make any bullsh-- analagy you want to justify this but I still think it's crap and that the Dodger organization is quickly becoming a major joke!

There's that phrase again...  I posted this in another thread:

As an aside, shouldn't the phrase really be, "I couldn't really care less?" I mean, "could really care less" means that you care a bit, and that there is a lower level of caring that you could do. It's never made any sense to me.

Maybe I should see if I can find the origin of the phrase and why it's "could care less." :blink:

CW

289586[/snapback]

I DO CARE Fez.

He is getting screwed... Life goes on. The Dodgers are a business. It isn't 1957 anymore... Things are cut to the bone... Everybody wants their buck yesterday. No free rides for ANYONE.

Do I wish it was 1955 again?... SURE I DO!

I DO CARE Fez.

He is getting screwed... Life goes on.  The Dodgers are a business.  It isn't 1957 anymore... Things are cut to the bone... Everybody wants their buck yesterday.  No free rides for ANYONE.

Do I wish it was 1955 again?... SURE I DO!

289594[/snapback]

Huh?

What's that have to do with my questioning the phrase "could care less?" :blink:

CW

Huh?

What's that have to do with my questioning the phrase "could care less?" :blink:

CW

289596[/snapback]

No prob. I was just showing that after thinking about it, I do care about the situation. I think you got me to analyize my own slip?

Confusing? Yes? So are the times? Sad that things have come to this.

:)

No prob.  I was just showing that after thinking about it, I do care about the situation.  I think you got me to analyize my own slip?

Confusing?  Yes?  So are the times?  Sad that things have come to this.

:)

289602[/snapback]

Ahh, I get it now. :blink:

CW

289540[/snapback]

Ok Rush Limbaugh. How do you go from ripping on the Dodgers who are increasing their revenue flow to ripping on someone who doesn't care about some guy who doesn't want to ante up for front row seats? Who's more in tune with capitalism here?