Buffalo Sabres & NHL 2018-19: Sabres picking 7th overall (6/21/19). Ralph Krueger hire as new head coach!

BillsFan4

8 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

It’s a game again!

Housley with some nice adjustments that seem to have sparked the team. Credit where credit is due. 

goal at 12.25

ya    hoo, they made it past the 2.00 mark without being scored on!

Rob Ray.." at least they are starting to play with a little more grit"

man and Housley has a job why?

so 3 minutes instead of 2 

Edited by plenzmd1

5 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

It’s a game again!

Housley with some nice adjustments that seem to have sparked the team. Credit where credit is due. 

For pulling Hutts for the goalie he should have started in the first place?

Punishing Eichel for being a minus 3? 

Nope. Zero credit given. 

• Like (+1) 1

Rob Ray

" just got outworked" 

worst team in the league two years in a row outside of a fluke win streak..and somehow this joke of a coach keeps his job. I am hoping that 3rd convinces JBotts a change is needed

Housley may be entering Kotite territory...not sure there has ever been a worse coach

Marty

"wait until the third period until you get going"

Edited by plenzmd1

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Hmm, no games till Tuesday Duffer just said. PLenty O time for Q to come in and make a difference..Jbotts and Pegs..you owe this fan base..spend what is needed and give us some hope

Bag skate their sorry asses from now until Monday. Housley won’t do that though. He’s a “player’s” coach. 

Love your idea to get Q in here. And I’d like to see Guhle, Smith, Olofsson, and Nylander borought up also. Don’t much care what dead weight you want to get rid of. It’s all the same.

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Hmm, no games till Tuesday Duffer just said. PLenty O time for Q to come in and make a difference..Jbotts and Pegs..you owe this fan base..spend what is needed and give us some hope

Same thing happened in Chicago with Savard early.  But they had balls to yank a legacy coach after a few games.  The talent is there. Housley, mark my words, will wreck these kids.

Tonight was a bad night for the Sabres playoff hopes. 

The Sabres don’t hold any games in hand on the teams in front of them currently and of the 3 games in hand they had on Montreal, they only made up 2 pts. 

Buffalo also got pushed down a spot in the standings tonight. Carolina won and they are now tied with buffalo at 54pts, but sit ahead of us in the standings. So now buffalo has to leapfrog 2 teams to get the last wildcard spot instead of one. 

https://www.nhl.com/standings/2018/wildcard

Unless they go on another miraculous win streak, I think their playoff chances are probably shot for this season. 

On a positive note, a quote from Jim Rutherford (penguins GM) in an interview he gave to the athletic (on the Brassard trade) today (sub required) -

https://theathletic.com/796329/2019/02/01/jim-rutherford-gives-details-explanation-of-blockbuster-deal-with-panthers/

“I really like this draft coming up,” Rutherford said. “Really, really like it. Now, it will be tempting to trade that pick before Feb. 25, because someone is going to make an offer. Someone will offer something that I hadn’t thought of, and it will be interesting. Anything is possible, to be honest. I’m always looking to make us better. But I tell myself before I go to bed every night that I shouldn’t trade our first-round pick this season.”

Sounds like he really likes this year’s draft. I’ve heard/read that from a couple other GMs/scouts too, and Cory Pronman thinks the top 20 of this draft has a lot of high potential players. Looks like it may end up (hopefully) being a good year to have multiple 1sts. I doubt it will make up for that insanely deep 2015 draft, but hopefully it’ll go a long way towards doing so at least. 

47 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Same thing happened in Chicago with Savard early.  But they had balls to yank a legacy coach after a few games.  The talent is there. Housley, mark my words, will wreck these kids.

No, the talent is decidedly not there. Not in three quarters of the players and certainly not in the head coach. 

Housley may not be the only issue but I would’ve fired him 6 weeks ago.  If nothing else, to turn the tide.  His system stinks and for whatever reason our goalies and defense underachieve in his style of play.  

Besides ive never seen an NHL coach finish in dead last place and all of a sudden turn that same team around to be a contender.  Phil may yet be a decent head coach but it will probably be in his second stint, not here.