New York State abortion bill now allows babies, At any point of pregnancy, to be aborted

Beast

8 hours ago, Crayola64 said:

That scenario doesn’t really tease anything out though.  Assuming an abortion advocate believes you can abort for disabilities like down syndrome,  why would aborting someone for their sexual preference be implicated?  Does anyone think that is a disability anymore?

It could certainly adversely impact the mental and emotional health of the mother; and besides, if it’s the mothers prerogative why does it matter?

It opens the door for positive eugenics.  Once we have located genetic predispositions we could eliminate homosexuals and transgenders, and even people predisposed towards liberalism.  We could elect to abort babies because they might be of a less desirable sex.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

I can find you many examples of people with down syndrome giving college valedictorian speeches*. Why do people think THAT is a disability anymore? At least one that deserves the death penalty before they find out what that baby can ultimately do?

You won't have trouble finding people who want to abort a gay baby. Mark my words. We'll see how abortion activists respond should that day ever come. The truth, though, is that most abortion activists are leftists, and they've never been very good at thinking things all the way through to find common ground for the greater good.

EDITOR'S NOTE: I don't think they give valedictorian awards any more because it supports a construct where some are considered smarter than others, so perhaps they give a participation speech or something.

Your point about aborting people with Down’s syndrome is a much better point than the homosexual one.

I think what you should be getting at is what degree of disabilities could this lead to or something along those lines.  Obviously Down’s syndrome is a disability (I don’t know why you are hinting at it not being one...), but does it warrant an abortion.  As you said, you can live a long and successful life with it.

6 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

It could certainly adversely impact the mental and emotional health of the mother; and besides, if it’s the mothers prerogative why does it matter?

It opens the door for positive eugenics.  Once we have located genetic predispositions we could eliminate homosexuals and transgenders, and even people predisposed towards liberalism.  We could elect to abort babies because they might be of a less desirable sex.

Its a really interesting point.  Forget about your mental health point, what about when we can determine these things in the first trimester, when you don’t need a reason to have an abortion.

27 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

Your point about aborting people with Down’s syndrome is a much better point than the homosexual one.

I think what you should be getting at is what degree of disabilities could this lead to or something along those lines.  Obviously Down’s syndrome is a disability (I don’t know why you are hinting at it not being one...), but does it warrant an abortion.  As you said, you can live a long and successful life with it.

Its a really interesting point.  Forget about your mental health point, what about when we can determine these things in the first trimester, when you don’t need a reason to have an abortion.

Why do you feel this way? We can survive as a species of Down's Syndrome people. We can't survive as a species that is all homosexual.

6 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Why do you feel this way? We can survive as a species of Down's Syndrome people. We can't survive as a species that is all homosexual.

I literally explained it in the rest of the post.  What degree of disability should/could warrant an abortion ties in a lot of the current topics regarding late-term abortions and physical/mental health lines of discussions as well.  It is a pretty interesting topic.  Whether or not we should abort fetuses based on sexual preference doesn't really implicate that stuff.  It is much further down the slippery slope. 

I have noticed you are aren't really engaging in discussions with me, but just asking me to do stuff.  It is really obnoxious, so I am going to stop doing it.  One sided conversations aren't anything i am interested in (and plenty of other people here seem to be just fine at engaging in conversations).  Thanks.  

Edited by Crayola64

17 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

cray is slow or a lot younger than you may think

it's not worth it, nothing sinks in at all....

6 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

I literally explained it in the rest of the post.  What degree of disability should/could warrant an abortion ties in a lot of the current topics regarding late-term abortions and physical/mental health lines of discussions as well.  It is a pretty interesting topic.  Whether or not we should abort fetuses based on sexual preference doesn't really implicate that stuff.  It is much further down the slippery slope. 

I have noticed you are aren't really engaging in discussions with me, but just asking me to do stuff.  It is really obnoxious, so I am going to stop doing it.  One sided conversations aren't anything i am interested in.  Thanks.  

So, in other words you can't back up your claim regarding conservative hoaxes perpetrated against blacks, and don't have a clue how to respond to me regarding procreation and homosexuality?

Edited by 3rdnlng

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

cray is slow or a lot younger than you may think

it's not worth it, nothing sinks in at all....

Sorry that I think aborting babies for minor disabilities raises more interesting points than aborting them for sexual preferences.  I realy slow, me clients pay me lots for little brain.  

8 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

So, in other words you can't back up your claim regarding conservative hoaxes perpetrated against blacks, and don't have a clue how to respond to me regarding procreation and homosexuality?

You can be tough to follow.  Someone posted something about if abortion advocates are okay with aborting for minor diseases, then why not for sexual preference.  And I only commented that I thought the point about minor diseases was much more interesting as it teases out a lot of great discussion points (what line to draw for diseases, eugenics, the late-term abortion talking points are very relevant).  For some reason you think there is an argument there, and are trying to project some opinion i have never made about procreation and homosexuality.  I just mentioned it isn't as good as a point because it is not a disability and is further down the slippery slope.  I have no idea why you can't follow that.  

And for you black hoax point, I asked you to clarify.  You didn't, for some reason, so I made a list anyways.  

I honestly had you as one of the better posters here, unlike the parallels to Tibs/34 like B-man and row33.  But today you are just randomly picking up one of my posts, asking me to do something, and refusing to follow along.  Again, its obnoxious.  

Edited by Crayola64

Conservatives like to set up this false dichotomy of ‘women who have abortions’ and ‘women who are mothers’.

But 59% of women who have abortions are moms - a major reason given for having the procedure is wanting to be a good parent to the children they already have.

One-hundred percent of women who have abortions are moms.

24cd5f28d58dc6c54fd4346a23a9d6659fbbf269

34 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

The larger point is that where abortion is concerned, it's ALL relative to one point: the mother's choice and ONLY the mother's choice, no matter what.

We're told people with handicaps shouldn't be seen as handicapped but, rather, 'handi-capable." They are able to have amazing lives and accomplish virtually anything they want, with specific laws created to give them access to anywhere they want or need to go. Yet a woman can choose to kill the child in the womb because they didn't sign up to care for a baby with special needs.

Our entertainment history is filled with stories, both horrifying and uplifting, about people with deformities, whether it's John Merrick in "Elephant Man" or characters from "The Greatest Showman' or Auggie Pullman in "Wonder."

But because it's the choice of the mother, and we're told we have NO PLACE in the mother's choice, then the mother can choose to abort any baby, not just at virtually any time, but for any reason they choose.

That includes finding out their child is gay.

So again, how will that sit with the left? Will there be books and HuffPo op-eds written like "I'm Glad I Aborted My ***** Son!" or "I Was Afraid My Lesbian Baby Would Look Ugly and Play Softball!"

After all...it's ONLY the mother's choice, right?

1 minute ago, LABillzFan said:

The larger point is that where abortion is concerned, it's ALL relative to one point: the mother's choice and ONLY the mother's choice, no matter what.

We're told people with handicaps shouldn't be seen as handicapped but, rather, 'handi-capable." They are able to have amazing lives and accomplish virtually anything they want, with specific laws created to give them access to anywhere they want or need to go. Yet a woman can choose to kill the child in the womb because they didn't sign up to care for a baby with special needs.

Our entertainment history is filled with stories, both horrifying and uplifting, about people with deformities, whether it's John Merrick in "Elephant Man" or characters from "The Greatest Showman' or Auggie Pullman in "Wonder."

But because it's the choice of the mother, and we're told we have NO PLACE in the mother's choice, then the mother can choose to abort any baby, not just at virtually any time, but for any reason they choose.

That includes finding out their child is gay.

So again, how will that sit with the left? Will there be books and HuffPo op-eds written like "I'm Glad I Aborted My ***** Son!" or "I Was Afraid My Lesbian Baby Would Look Ugly and Play Softball!"

After all...it's ONLY the mother's choice, right?

If you are talking about a law that allows someone to get an abortion for any reason, at any stage, then I believe the main talking point stays the same regardless of the reason: I may disagree with the reason, but I believe in the right to get an abortion at any stage for any reason.  I honestly don't think it changes things that much.  My only point, that seems to be lost on a few, was instead of fast forwarding to a hypothetical where there is a gay gene, why not stick to the minor disabilities that we can actually detect.  I think its just as interesting, more relevant, and it doesn't mix views on abortion and homosexuality (i just don't think its interesting, but I get your point).  Or in other words, how would aborting someone with down's syndrome sit with the left is an interesting point.  

But my position on this is I don't care about the reason for getting an abortion, its irrelevant to me.  No reason or a bad reason, I am okay with abortions.  

14 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

You can be tough to follow.  Someone posted something about if abortion advocates are okay with aborting for minor diseases, then why not for sexual preference.  And I only commented that I thought the point about minor diseases was much more interesting as it teases out a lot of great discussion points (what line to draw for diseases, eugenics, the late-term abortion talking points are very relevant).  For some reason you think there is an argument there, and are trying to project some opinion i have never made about procreation and homosexuality.  I just mentioned it isn't as good as a point because it is not a disability and is further down the slippery slope.  I have no idea why you can't follow that.  

And for you black hoax point, I asked you to clarify.  You didn't, for some reason, so I made a list anyways.  

I honestly had you as one of the better posters here, unlike the parallels to Tibs/34 like B-man and row33.  But today you are just randomly picking up one of my posts, asking me to do something, and refusing to follow along.  Again, its obnoxious.  

I actually thought you might become a good poster here but it has become obvious you go by feelings over facts. You can't get away with sweeping statements here. You need to back up your statements with some kind of facts. Posting links is a good thing and will help you become a better poster.

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

I actually thought you might become a good poster here but it has become obvious you go by feelings over facts. You can't get away with sweeping statements here. You need to back up your statements with some kind of facts. Posting links is a good thing and will help you become a better poster.

I can't follow what in the world you are talking about in this thread, sorry.  If you want to talk about the black hoax thing, then go in that thread...

Edited by Crayola64

photo-thumb-24262.pngdis·in·gen·u·ous

Dictionary result for disingenuous

/ˌdisənˈjenyo͞oəs/
adjective

1. not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does.
    "this journalist was being somewhat disingenuous as well as cynical"
    synonyms: dishonest, deceitful, underhand, underhanded, duplicitous, double-dealing, two-faced, dissembling, insincere, false, lying, untruthful, mendacious; More

Posting links is a good thing and will help you become a better poster...............it couldn't be clearer.

but to a continuous  "out of bounds marker" mover such as yourself, it is just another point to be avoided.

2 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

I can't follow what in the world you are talking about in this thread, sorry.  If you want to talk about the black hoax thing, then go in that thread...

You are the one who bundled those two topics in your runaway post.

6 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

But my position on this is I don't care about the reason for getting an abortion, its irrelevant to me.  No reason or a bad reason, I am okay with abortions.  

And that is the ultimate result. Getting you or anyone to agree and admit: Anytime. Anywhere. Any reason.

It sounds good until it's openly practiced.

That said, I don't read you as a 34/Tibs/TH3/Coach Tuesday leftist. You seem a bit more balanced. It's the far left -- the part that has all the money -- that will explode when they find out women are aborting babies because they're gay.

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

You are the one who bundled those two topics in your runaway post.

Yea, and I made your list earlier in that thread, can you respond if it satisfies you?  As for here, I explained why I thought aborting people for minor disabilities is more interesting than aborting for sexual preference, what is it that you don't understand about that?  

17 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

I heard an interesting question that is never posed to abortion advocates...especially those who want to abort a baby with down's syndrome or some other problem.

Should a time come when a doctor can determine in utero that your baby is gay, is everyone going to be okay when we start aborting them because they may be a homosexual? I'm assuming everyone will be okay with that, right?

So I am guessing you offer up your home and your resources to afford children who are adopted because their parents are not financially capable of raising them - or you are even better than that and help adoptable kids who are severely disabled  - a life beyond what their parents can offer....

Did I see you in the hospice ward helping a mom out who just gave birth to a child who will only live for hours - or help a mom out who gave birth to a still born child...

Or are you just on here complaining that people should do what you believe is correct?