New York State abortion bill now allows babies, At any point of pregnancy, to be aborted

Beast

On 1/24/2019 at 8:52 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think y'all should get pregnant and find out at 24 weeks you're carrying a baby with some birth defect that won't survive.  Have fun while everyone points you out as a vile disgusting low life. 

Unlike you gemstones, I actually know two families who went through that. 

"The law for the first time allows abortions after the 24-week mark to protect the mother’s health or in cases where the fetus won’t survive.

Previously, abortions after that point were permitted only to preserve a mother’s life."

I know some families who went through that to. They delivered and held their baby for as long as they could before it passed.

”Normalizing” abortion is wrong. It really really is. Look at how the culture has changed in the last 20 years. We went from safe, legal and rare to celebrities saying they wished they had abortions to express their rights. It’s gross.

19 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

I know some families who went through that to. They delivered and held their baby for as long as they could before it passed.

”Normalizing” abortion is wrong. It really really is. Look at how the culture has changed in the last 20 years. We went from safe, legal and rare to celebrities saying they wished they had abortions to express their rights. It’s gross.

Hooray progressivism. It's a disease.

Doctor Who Has Delivered Nearly 4,000 Babies Torches New York Abortion Law

Dr. William Lile, a board certified obstetrician-gynecologist, has issued a blistering condemnation of New York state's recently passed state law which allows abortion up until birth. 

As noted by Lifesite's Calvin Freiburger, Dr. Wile says that "modern medical technology is already giving preborn babies blood transfusions, heart surgery, and more." Many of these surgeries can occur at 22 weeks in the womb, the Alabama and Florida licensed practitioner said. Thus, “If they're a patient they're a person, and if they are a person they deserve our protection." 

But, New York's bill  states that “Every individual who becomes pregnant has the fundamental right to choose to carry the pregnancy to term, to give birth to a child, or to have an abortion.” The new law also "erases the state’s recognition of preborn babies older than 24 weeks as potential homicide victims, removes abortion from the penal code entirely, and allows licensed health practitioners other than full doctors to commit abortions."

None of that seems to matter New York Democrats who celebrated the passage of the bill by clapping and smiling in the state house upon its passage. Dr. Wile responded to these cheers by saying, “Celebrating what? The governor just signed a law saying that we can take the lives of the babies in the womb up until their due date. That's nothing to celebrate...To take the lives of these babies in the womb breaks my heart. It is not good for us and is not good for America."

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/timothymeads/2019/01/27/doctor-who-has-delivered-nearly-4-000-babies-torches-new-york-abortion-law-n2540284

5 minutes ago, njbuff said:

How can anyone NOT be disgusted by this?

So does this also mean that a person who murders a pregnant women can only be charged for one murder now?

In my much younger years,  this kind of stuff used to infuriate me. I would watch people happily, joyfully do things which flew in the face of anything I considered to be human decency. The fury came from being helpless to change what was happening.

Then I learned patience. The depraved people who lobbied for, and voted for, this law will have to answer for it one day...one way or another.

When that happens, it's important not to be happy or joyful about their demise, because in the process of our being patient, they will leave a lot of dead bodies in their wake. It will be their final legacy on this planet.

47 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

In my much younger years,  this kind of stuff used to infuriate me. I would watch people happily, joyfully do things which flew in the face of anything I considered to be human decency. The fury came from being helpless to change what was happening.

Then I learned patience. The depraved people who lobbied for, and voted for, this law will have to answer for it one day...one way or another.

When that happens, it's important not to be happy or joyful about their demise, because in the process of our being patient, they will leave a lot of dead bodies in their wake. It will be their final legacy on this planet.

My friend, I will never understand the passing of this law and gleeful cheering that went on in Albany when they passed it.

It is way above my head as I do not understand it at all.

I would never cheer the law, though I am in favor of it. 

I think, if you are actually trying to understand the cheering, it is symbolic.  The cheering is for women's rights, cheers against laws against women, etc. It isn't for the abortion of fetuses.  

2 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

I think, if you are actually trying to understand the cheering, it is symbolic.  The cheering is for women's rights, cheers against laws against women, etc. It isn't for the abortion of fetuses.  

Load.

16 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

Half of the fetuses are woman. 

1 minute ago, keepthefaith said:

Half of the fetuses are woman. 

But you understand, for pro-choice people, these laws are representative of progression.  The cheers are for that, not actively cheering about aborting fetuses.  IMO of course

10 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

But you understand, for pro-choice people, these laws are representative of progression.  The cheers are for that, not actively cheering about aborting fetuses.  IMO of course

They are cheering over "power" they gained. 

On 1/24/2019 at 8:52 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think y'all should get pregnant and find out at 24 weeks you're carrying a baby with some birth defect that won't survive.  Have fun while everyone points you out as a vile disgusting low life. 

Unlike you gemstones, I actually know two families who went through that. 

"The law for the first time allows abortions after the 24-week mark to protect the mother’s health or in cases where the fetus won’t survive.

Previously, abortions after that point were permitted only to preserve a mother’s life."

I know 3 whose moms were told they had a probable chance of a defect and they were fine, thank goodness their moms didn’t listen to nonsense

i also know a half dozen who went through with a known problem and are committed to raising the child, a few with more than one child with needs. A stronger faith and love than I believe I could ever muster up.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

That's an interesting viewpoint. I'm gonna have to chew on that a while.

6 hours ago, Crayola64 said:

Progression for the sake of progression isn't progress. That's why I categorically reject calling these people progressive.

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Progression for the sake of progression isn't progress. That's why I categorically reject calling these people progressive.

If you are walking down a country road and see a pig on the other side of the fence and he says he is a cow, he is still a pig

11 minutes ago, row_33 said:

If you are walking down a country road and see a pig on the other side of the fence and he says he is a cow, he is still a pig

all while probably wearing lipstick and wanting to choose which bathroom they want to use.