What’s your most Controversial opinion?

Juror#8

2 hours ago, Steve O said:

Wine tastes better from flat glass than from stemmed.

Beer already comes in a glass and should not be served in a different one.

That not controversial, just flat out wrong and dumb?

Seriously, I drink a ton of beer that is canned, not bottled, and high carbonation beers like Saisons that absolutely have to be poured in a glass to be their best.And plenty of hoppy beers as well are best poured in a glass for their flavors to open and a nice solid head to form

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

That not controversial, just flat out wrong and dumb?

Seriously, I drink a ton of beer that is canned, not bottled, and high carbonation beers like Saisons that absolutely have to be poured in a glass to be their best.And plenty of hoppy beers as well are best poured in a glass for their flavors to open and a nice solid head to form

I just added a Craft beer exception

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Shawshank Redemption is overrated.  Fargo is a better movie than The Big Lebowski.

Agree with 2nd bit, not first

12 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Julie Bowen is the most attractive TV mom of all time.

yes, yes, and yes..although MTM in those Capri pants in the DVD Show had this 8-year-old boy wondering what was happening down there!!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think you should fill your tub with a nice, dark red and take a bath in it.  When your wife comes home, say "I think our neighbors moved because they're gone.  Oh and honey, someone stole all our butcher knife so we need a new one".

wait...what the ***** is all this?

Single mothers are often in that situation due to their own poor decisions and impulse control.  

The body acceptance movement is doing overweight women absolutely no favors regarding their long term health.  

Comprehensive background checks for firearms is supported by the majority of gun owners.

Men, white men especially, are too dumb to accept/admit they are depressed and/or mentally unwell and often lonely as we age.  Instead of getting help, we expect substance abuse and poor behavioral choices to make us feel better until we inevitabily unravel or kill ourselves.  

Both Presidents Bush and Obama are fine people by all definition but were terrible Presidents.

Edited by dpberr
  • Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, dpberr said:

Single mothers are often in that situation due to their own poor decisions and impulse control.  

The body acceptance movement is doing overweight women absolutely no favors regarding their long term health.  

Comprehensive background checks for firearms is supported by the majority of gun owners.

Men, white men especially, are too dumb to accept/admit they are depressed and/or mentally unwell and often lonely as we age.  Instead of getting help, we expect substance abuse and poor behavioral choices to make us feel better until we inevitabily unravel or kill ourselves.  

Both Presidents Bush and Obama are fine people by all definition but were terrible Presidents.

With this one, it was a problem of driving into the ditch on the other side of the road. We should definitely not be pr!cks to people who have weight issues, which can certainly be a problem. That said, there's a difference between not shaming someone for weight problems, and just pretending like they're not there. It's not about looks. 

I read a debate about whether it's appropriate to tell your spouse they should lose weight. Too many people were saying that it's always inappropriate. But it depends the angle you come at them with. If you come at them with, "You're a fat slob, lose weight." Yeah, you'd be an #######. If you come to your wife and say "I love you, and I think you're absolutely beautiful no matter what, but I'm concerned about your health." That's a different story.

47 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

With this one, it was a problem of driving into the ditch on the other side of the road. We should definitely not be pr!cks to people who have weight issues, which can certainly be a problem. That said, there's a difference between not shaming someone for weight problems, and just pretending like they're not there. It's not about looks. 

I read a debate about whether it's appropriate to tell your spouse they should lose weight. Too many people were saying that it's always inappropriate. But it depends the angle you come at them with. If you come at them with, "You're a fat slob, lose weight." Yeah, you'd be an #######. If you come to your wife and say "I love you, and I think you're absolutely beautiful no matter what, but I'm concerned about your health." That's a different story.

Like that show  My Big Fat Fabulous Life. What a ***** show that is. More fat than fabulous.

Just now, RaoulDuke79 said:

Like that show  My Big Fat Fabulous Life. What a ***** show that is. More fat than fabulous.

I've only seen the show a handful of times. But aside from her weight issues, she just seems like a genuinely annoying and awful person to be around, and I don't think getting into shape will fix that.

Apparently it's evil to just watch a football game for the enjoyment of the game

I should be watching only to scream out loud in anger every time the Pats make a completion or the refs don't make a call that I have decreed from my armchair