The Truth Hurts

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Drew is gone- hallelujah!

289373[/snapback]

That's the spirit- devoid of obsession and suggestive that you've moved on to focus on the Buffalo Bills instead of the Dallas Cowboys.

That's the spirit- devoid of obsession and suggestive that you've moved on to focus on the Buffalo Bills instead of the Dallas Cowboys.

289383[/snapback]

What kind of non-sequitur logic is that? Did I mention the Cowboys? I am pretty fuggin damn happy that Drew is not the QB for my beloved Bills this upcoming season! Perhaps you are the one obsessed?

What kind of non-sequitur logic is that?  Did I mention the Cowboys?  I am pretty fuggin damn happy that Drew is not the QB for my beloved Bills this upcoming season!  Perhaps you are the one obsessed?

289389[/snapback]

There's worse obsessions than keeping your house free of insects.

There's worse obsessions than keeping your house free of insects.

289391[/snapback]

Is that a metaphor? Do you mean to imply you try and keep your house insect free? Or is that a riddle? Um ok, I will play along- if I am an insect I am a praying mantis- Drew still sucks

Nothing like a knock down, drag out DB thread for old times sake. Freakin' statue! Ole' Whitey made the right call cutting him albeit a year too late! Wait until the Dallas media crucifies him. :blink:

All Cowboys suck and since DB is a Cowboy, fug him!!!!!!

Nothing like a knock down, drag out DB thread for old times sake.  Freakin' statue!  Ole' Whitey made the right call cutting him albeit a year too late!  Wait until the Dallas media crucifies him.  :blink: 

All Cowboys suck and since DB is a Cowboy, fug him!!!!!!

289402[/snapback]

lmao.......this thread is too funny

Is that a metaphor?  Do you mean to imply you try and keep your house insect free?  Or is that a riddle?  Um ok, I will play along- if I am an insect I am a praying mantis- Drew still sucks

289393[/snapback]

I'll admit your ability to digest a compliment is peculiarly Mantis-like, as if it portends a visit from the more fair of the species.

It may take a long, long time, but I can see Doug Williams making the HOF for being the 1st black QB to win a Super Bowl. He's already made it past the first round of nominations.

289214[/snapback]

Doug Williams was a much better QB than Bledsoe. He carried a so so Tampa team for a long time. DB was carried by a great coach and a very talented NE team for a long time.

Doug Williams was a much better QB than Bledsoe. He carried a so so Tampa team for a long time. DB was carried by a great coach and a very talented NE team for a long time.

289534[/snapback]

That can't be, because his QB rating sucks (and that's the main stat people seem to reference).

If you're going to make a statement like that, at least look at the stats.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/WillDo01.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/BledDr00.htm

CW

That can't be, because his QB rating sucks (and that's the main stat people seem to reference).

If you're going to make a statement like that, at least look at the stats.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/WillDo01.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/BledDr00.htm

CW

289552[/snapback]

DW was under 50% lifetime!

See how much a SB W clouds people's thinking!

Yup.

Another interesting player to look at has 50 more INTs than TDs and completed only 50.1% of his passes.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/NamaJo00.htm

CW

289563[/snapback]

FEZMID: please answer these questions - I'm genuinely interested in your OPINION as to the following:

1) In your opinion, why did TD and co. trade back into the first round of the 2004 draft to take Losman? (Not, Why did TD take a young QB in the 2004 draft, but why did he feel it was necessary to trade back into the first round to take one?)

2) Why did the Bills let go of Bledsoe this offseason, in your opinion?

FEZMID:  please answer these questions - I'm genuinely interested in your OPINION as to the following:

1) In your opinion, why did TD and co. trade back into the first round of the 2004 draft to take Losman?  (Not, Why did TD take a young QB in the 2004 draft, but why did he feel it was necessary to trade back into the first round to take one?)

2) Why did the Bills let go of Bledsoe this offseason, in your opinion?

289567[/snapback]

1) After Bledsoe, our QB is Shane Mathews who is ~36 years old. Can't have your starter and backup both being that old IMHO. You need someone to grow into the position. Nobody else in the '04 draft was going to be able to start in a couple of seasons. The '05 draft is considered a weaker draft with no QB prospects (that I've seen), so unless they drafted one of the "big 4" last year, we wouldn't be able to start grooming a talented new QB until '06. By then Mathews would be nearly 40 and Bledsoe would be around 35, and that's without any grooming time.

2) Personally, I think it was partially a business move to generate some buzz so they wouldn't look complacent. I hope that what they've seen in practice makes them think JPL will be a good starter as well. They'd be stupid if they didn't think that and still made the move, so I'm assuming it's true.

Look, I"m not arguing that Bledsoe is the best QB of all time. He's not. But the naysayers keep spouting off crap like, "Bledsoe sucks!" and that's not true either. We've had only one losing season in the last three. He went to the Probowl and was named Comeback player of the year. In the '03 season, where we struggled badly, 60% of his offense was cut (Centers, JR, PP) and everyone expected some problems there because of it. Reading posts here, you'd think DB led us to a 2-14 season last year, but we had a winning record. How can he be the worst QB in the world and still have a winning record? And I don't buy the comments, "The rest of the team bailed him out" because that's just a copout.

Then to read comments that Doug Williams was a great QB who should be in the HoF but Bledsoe has no chance? Come on. People are starting to get a bit dillusional around here.

CW

who cares about drew ? not me , ask a cowboy fan.

289571[/snapback]

Before free agency I'd disagree with that. But since free agency, and I'm not faulting the players, but they have no loyalty to anyone but themselves. So my loyalty isn't with the player, it's with the team.

If you're a Bill, I care.

If you're no longer a Bill, good luck to you and yours, but I could really care less.

but I could really care less.

289580[/snapback]

As an aside, shouldn't the phrase really be, "I couldn't really care less?" I mean, "could really care less" means that you care a bit, and that there is a lower level of caring that you could do. It's never made any sense to me.

Maybe I overanalyze things. :blink:

CW