The Truth Hurts

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.eagletribune.com/news/stories/2...m?tbdSP_004.htm

The Bills are  handing the QB position to an unknown, rather than a known failure against quality teams. Somewhat sobering stats, wouldn't you say ?

288746[/snapback]

I can think of a few people on here who probably shouldn't read that lol

Oh goodie...another DB thread.

288748[/snapback]

Why people still choose to read threads that they know they aren't going to be interested in is beyond me.......

Oh look, more lies, just like the "Buffalo passed 175,855 straight times on 3rd and 2 or less." <_<

Show me the 14 games that we played against teams that were better than 10-5-1. Bet you won't come close to 14.

CW

Oh look, more lies, just like the "Buffalo passed 175,855 straight times on 3rd and 2 or less."  <_<

Show me the 14 games that we played against teams that were better than 10-5-1.  Bet you won't come close to 14.

CW

288753[/snapback]

Now see, at least Fez brings something to the table......

Now see, at least Fez brings something to the table......

You know what, you're right. Thank you for allowing me to see the error of my ways. How DARE I make a comment without anything else substantial in my post? Because nobody EVER does that around here.

Have a wonderful day. <_<

You know what, you're right.  Thank you for allowing me to see the error of my ways.  How DARE I make a comment without anything else substantial in my post?  Because nobody EVER does that around here.

Have a wonderful day.  <_<

288760[/snapback]

Well, if he had just started a DB thread out of the blue, that's different. But the article was on the front page of TBD today......so I don't see anything wrong with discussing it.

Well, if he had just started a DB thread out of the blue, that's different. But the article was on the front page of TBD today......so I don't see anything wrong with discussing it.

Ok, fair enough. And sometimes I'm just bitchy.

Kinder and gentler TSW!

Ok, fair enough.  And sometimes I'm just bitchy.

Kinder and gentler TSW!

288763[/snapback]

By the way, if you see anybody with the last name of 'Root' kicking around Columbus, say hello for me......they are my cousins <_<

Why people still choose to read threads that they know they aren't going to be interested in is beyond me.......

288750[/snapback]

...or whole messge boards for that matter, oh, oops. <_< heh heh, yeah, ignore that last comment. :doh:

...or whole messge boards for that matter, oh, oops.  <_< heh heh, yeah, ignore that last comment.  :doh:

288765[/snapback]

Puhonix, do you think that Marino had more talent (talking offense, defense, ST, etc.) around him during his career than Bledsoe has had? I noticed that Marino's W/L record against winning teams wasn't all that great either, but when I think back to those Miami teams, Marino had to carry a lot of them.....particularly in the late 80s, early 90s. Do you agree or disagree?

Puhonix, do you think that Marino had more talent (talking offense, defense, ST, etc.) around him during his career than Bledsoe has had? I noticed that Marino's W/L record against winning teams wasn't all that great either, but when I think back to those Miami teams, Marino had to carry a lot of them.....particularly in the late 80s, early 90s. Do you agree or disagree?

288773[/snapback]

Marino's record may not have been great, a lot of that is due to the Bills.

But he usually played well.

The same can't be said of Bledsoe who was far more often the main reason for his team underperforming on the field.

Marino's record may not have been great, a lot of that is due to the Bills.

But he usually played well.

The same can't be said of Bledsoe who was far more often the main reason for his team underperforming on the field.

288775[/snapback]

I agree......I just think about all the players Bledsoe had in NE......they had a LOT of talent on offense. Their D was good (not great) for many of those years, too. Marino never had a Curtis Martin to take the pressure off him, but he still passed his ass off and scored TDs.

Bledsoe is not "just another guy", and I get what he is saying about his stats compared to some of his contemporaries.  But still, he should not be in the hall of fame.  The line is too long in front of him, IMO.

288796[/snapback]

Let's say he retires after this year in Dallas. Who else, aside from Favre, is in front of him in line? I can't think of anyone personally, but am I missing someone?

CW

288773[/snapback]

Your gonna make me think that far back? Oh gee, I wasnt into football the nearly as much I am now.

I'll use that to my advantage, watch: Being a casual fan, I dont remember all the names of the players, but the big names stand out. Marino always had great receivers. I dont know if he brought great receivers to play here, or if he made decent receivers great, but Duper, Clayton, Fryar, all were a joy to watch. RB was always a hole, but who didnt know that. The rest on offense was hit or miss. Richmond Webb and Dwight Stepehnson were great! Defense had some stud players in the form of Louis Oliver and John Offerdahl. But overall I think Marino really struggled against Buffalo. His Kyptonite.

Your gonna make me think that far back? Oh gee, I wasnt into football the nearly as much I am now.

I'll use that to my advantage, watch: Being a casual fan, I dont remember all the names of the players, but the big names stand out. Marino always had great receivers. I dont know if he brought great receivers to play here, or if he made decent receivers great, but Duper, Clayton, Fryar, all were a joy to watch. RB was always a hole, but who didnt know that. The rest on offense was hit or miss. Richmond Webb and Dwight Stepehnson were great! Defense had some stud players in the form of Louis Oliver and John Offerdahl. But overall I think Marino really struggled against Buffalo. His Kyptonite.

288808[/snapback]

So basically you agree that Bledsoe sucks? <_<

Let's say he retires after this year in Dallas.  Who else, aside from Favre, is in front of him in line?  I can't think of anyone personally, but am I missing someone?

CW

288798[/snapback]

I'm not talking about just quarterbacks. Players in general, I don't think the HOF selection committee works in a way where they just consider a player by other players at his position only. I think baseball does, but I feel that football is much more subjective and considers all players as a whole, and not just positions.