Should the Bills make a run at C.J. Uzomah [TE]?

6'5" 265# looks like he has potential 43 receptions, 439 yds and 3 TD's in 2018... And he should not command a huge salary either... The Bengals also need to resign FA Tyler Eifert... Cinci is known to be tight with their spending... Might be worth signing Uzomah in FA...

2 minutes ago, DefenseWins said:

6'5" 265# looks like he has potential 43 receptions, 439 yds and 3 TD's in 2018... And he should not command a huge salary either... The Bengals also need to resign FA Tyler Eifert... Cinci is known to be tight with their spending... Might be worth signing Uzomah in FA...

I’m thinking the bengals are more likely to prioritize keeping him and dropping Eiffert than the other way 

• Like (+1) 3

Feel like the answer is that it couldn't hurt - the counter point being the draft supposedly has deep TE options available. He had a couple big games for Cinci, and helped me in fantasy once or twice down the line, but all in all might be better worth spending the money elsewhere in FA, and picking up a TE for cheaper in the draft with a potentially higher ceiling. 

Reportedly, Eifert would be the one to go and would be interesting to consider. But with health problems, the same argument of through the draft would apply there as well.

Edited by ctk232

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’m thinking the bengals are more likely to prioritize keeping him and dropping Eiffert than the other way 

I agree, if for some reason they do not I’d definitely make a run at him.

Maxx Williams will also not command a huge payday and is a good blocker. He’s odd man out at TE in Baltimore.

• Like (+1) 1

I wouldn't be opposed to signing him and cutting Clay, cutting Clay saves 4.5 million, even if CJ commands 7 million aav I think its worth spending the 2.5 million to upgrade the position. Too many holes to fill on offense with just draft picks. 

Just now, thebandit27 said:

Yeah, why not? Very few teams feature TEs anymore, so you can get by with someone like him as your TE1

The Colts and Luck got a lot of production out of Ebron. If the Bills don't get an authentic #1 receiver upgrading the TE and #2 receiver positions would be a way to upgrade the unit without paying the premium price for a #1 receiver. My preference is to make it a priority to address the OL.

• Like (+1) 1

He's a decent TE and I'd kick the tires on him but I wouldn't go after him at any cost. If Eifert is available, I wouldn't even look at him unless you're giving him an incentive laden contract and planning on signing someone else, as well. You can plan on trotting him out every four or five games. No thanks to TE for TE and a maybe to CJ for TE.

Of the current TE’s I would only be keeping Croom  so I would be looking at acquiring a TE in free agency and drafting one, maybe on Day 2 if someone you love is there...

Not sure if this is the guy in FA though..

I like Jared Cook for 2 years at $7M per year whilst your pick this year develops..

• Like (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, DefenseWins said:

Unless they keep him and let Eifert walk.

24 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Of the current TE’s I would only be keeping Croom  so I would be looking at acquiring a TE in free agency and drafting one, maybe on Day 2 if someone you love is there...

Not sure if this is the guy in FA though..

I like Jared Cook for 2 years at $7M per year whilst your pick this year develops..

Yep. Kinda like a Lorenzo Alexander of the TE group. I dig it.

43 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Yep. Kinda like a Lorenzo Alexander of the TE group. I dig it.

Think he is 31 so he is not quite as old as Lorenzo...

Seems to normally take most TE's a year or two to get up to speed so could see this guy filling the TE 1 position in the meantime..

Then they can perhaps look to move on in 2021 when money may be getting a bit tighter and they need to start re-signing Tre, MIlano,  Dawkins etc..

Cincinnati's cap room in the upcoming off season is 48 million -  a little above the league average.  They have 59 players under contract, so it will depend on how much they want him and how interested Uzomah is in testing the waters.  Still, a big, athletic guy who can catch the ball?  I'm interested.

3 hours ago, JohnC said:

The Colts and Luck got a lot of production out of Ebron. If the Bills don't get an authentic #1 receiver upgrading the TE and #2 receiver positions would be a way to upgrade the unit without paying the premium price for a #1 receiver. My preference is to make it a priority to address the OL.

Luck had a nice year and Ebron really broke out this year! We need a good TE..

Edited by snamsnoops