China lands on far side of the moon...

Deranged Rhino

13 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

The Chinese have violated our airspace, compromised our borders, and exposed our national defense in a brazen act of aggression for something sweet?

Yes!  That we have allowed something so aggressive to happen unchecked has only shown that the strength of our nation has weakened!

6 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I wonder if the Chinese probe is picking up "Us and Them" or maybe "Time" on a radio wavelength.

Now I've got the entire album running through my head, as sung by a guy taking my order at the Main Moon.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

there is a side that doesn't face our star.

No. There's a side that doesn't face our planet. When we see a full moon, the side of the moon facing Earth is also facing the sun (our star). During a new moon, the side facing away from Earth is facing the sun. At any given location on the moon, there's about 14 days of sunlight and then 14 days of darkness.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

No. There's a side that doesn't face our planet. When we see a full moon, the side of the moon facing Earth is also facing the sun (our star). During a new moon, the side facing away from Earth is facing the sun. At any given location on the moon, there's about 14 days of sunlight and then 14 days of darkness.

But.....isn't the moon flat?