Mitt Romney 2020?

https://www.businessinsider.com/will-romney-run-for-president-in-2020-2018-1

Speculation he might have his hat in the ring...

Today he has an op-ed in the Washington Post savaging Trump's character and arguing we are a lot less safe because of him. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/mitt-romney-the-president-shapes-the-public-character-of-the-nation-trumps-character-falls-short/2019/01/01/37a3c8c2-0d1a-11e9-8938-5898adc28fa2_story.html?utm_term=.15a165c3b61d

The Trump presidency made a deep descent in December. The departures of Defense Secretary Jim Mattis and White House Chief of Staff John F. Kelly, the appointment of senior persons of lesser experience, the abandonment of allies who fight beside us, and the president’s thoughtless claim that America has long been a “sucker” in world affairs all defined his presidency down.

It is well known that Donald Trump was not my choice for the Republican presidential nomination. After he became the nominee, I hoped his campaign would refrain from resentment and name-calling. It did not. When he won the election, I hoped he would rise to the occasion. His early appointments of Rex Tillerson, Jeff Sessions, Nikki Haley, Gary Cohn, H.R. McMaster, Kelly and Mattis were encouraging. But, on balance, his conduct over the past two years, particularly his actions this month, is evidence that the president has not risen to the mantle of the office.

28 minutes ago, westside said:

He has a much chance as your girl fauxhontas.

Which is no chance.

Both of them have a better chance than your child Trumptrash. You must really hate this country to support Trump. What did the USA ever do to you? 

ps, it's not the USA's fault you are a total loser ;) 

Sounds like an empty suit who likes the status quo. He and his friends likely have investments in the industrial-military complex and are quite happy with never-ending foreign military engagements. He also sounds like a ***** who will smile when the other side hands him a ****-sandwich to eat, so the media will write nice things about him being civil, instead of throwing in back in their faces and fighting for a cause.

I wouldn't vote for Romney for dog catcher.

Edited by Gavin in Va Beach
  • Like (+1) 4

It’s hilarious watching people who called Mitt Romney a woman-hating racist who gives people cancer suddenly find respect for him.

Those people are frauds.

Mitt Romney is an honorable and decent man.

Always was.

He spoke out about about moral leadership and suggested that the President has not done well with this, (and he hasn't)

But that's all it is,

however, as we all know...............the Left/dems/media/libs will twist anything to try and get power back, their motives regarding Mitt are transparent.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Romney's piece is well said. He agrees with some of Trump's policies and not others. It's not as simple as his pocketbook as Gal said, and it's also refreshing to hear a politician not stand shoulder to shoulder with the party line. 

I voted for Mitt and I'm still happy with that choice, even though I didn't agree with him on everything. 

I don't think for even one second that he's running. But I do suspect that he's laying the groundwork for a little group of Republicans that may build a platform for an R primary challenger to Trump, especially if the economy wobbles in Q1.

Edited by BeginnersMind
  • Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Romney's piece is well said. He agrees with some of Trump's policies and not others. It's not as simple as his pocketbook as Gal said, and it's also refreshing to hear a politician not stand shoulder to shoulder with the party line. 

I voted for Mitt and I'm still happy with that choice, even though I didn't agree with him on everything. 

I don't think for even one second that he's running. But I do suspect that he's laying the groundwork for a little group of Republicans that may build a platform for an R primary challenger to Trump, especially if the economy wobbles in Q1.

8 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Insightful!

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

And ignorant. Don't these clowns remember Trump increased the military budget? I mean, WTF are they talking about?? 

Related image

O3hrSGUb_bigger.jpgJulie Kelly‏ @julie_kelly2
FollowFollow @julie_kelly2

It’s hard to estimate or gauge how much the rank-and-file GOP feels betrayed by traitors like Kristol, Kazich, the Bushes, and Romney. This is another smack in the face to the people who do the grunt work in this party. And all it does is drive more loyalists to Trump.

7:15 PM - 1 Jan 2019 

46 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Related image

7:15 PM - 1 Jan 2019 

I often wonder where you guys find these twitter people like Julie Kelly...so I looked her up....so basically she wrote about food...her bio says nothing about her education or extended work experience....I looked at her articles....she sure is good at repackaging the same ole stuff that you can find anywhere.....

17 minutes ago, TH3 said:

I often wonder where you guys find these twitter people like Julie Kelly...so I looked her up....so basically she wrote about food...her bio says nothing about her education or extended work experience....I looked at her articles....she sure is good at repackaging the same ole stuff that you can find anywhere.....

I often wonder where you find your Lefty candidates like Alexandria Occasio-Cortez, Maxine Waters and Hank Johnson.

52 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Individuals do not need to be politically centered to offer valuable insights.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Boy man lives on Twitter. If it wasn't for Twitter he wouldn't know what to say.