2020 Winter Classic at the Cotton Bowl (Dallas, TX)

tbarg12

Saw the NHL announced the 2020 Winter Classic to take place at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas, TX. Living in Dallas, I would love to see the Sabres vs. Stars in a 99 Stanley Cup rematch with the Sabres wearing the black, white, and red throwbacks. 

Its been interesting reading comments on the choice, interested to see what you guys think as well. 

EB21156B-4005-4551-889E-65EBECA444A6.jpeg

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

There are times they can’t keep good ice outdoors in northern cities.

To paraphrase Chief Brody, “You’re gonna need a bigger refrigeration unit...”

I can definitely believe that, they will need cooler units. But today in Dallas was a high of 41 and low of 31

12 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

There are times they can’t keep good ice outdoors in northern cities.

To paraphrase Chief Brody, “You’re gonna need a bigger refrigeration unit...”

Not worried. The NHL made ice for an outdoor game at Cesar's Palace in Las Vegas 20 years ago. Technology has improved since.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, row_33 said:

Would be great to attend this event, I don’t see the thrill of it on TV.

they hype each outdoor game like it’s the moon landing all over again, seriously please....

I went to the first one and that pretty much took care of it for me.  I have no real desire to go to another one.  I actually wound up selling off the tickets I had to a BU-BC game at Fenway a few years later.  Maybe it's different in the baseball stadiums, but the football ones are just too big for hockey. 

35 minutes ago, shrader said:

I went to the first one and that pretty much took care of it for me.  I have no real desire to go to another one.  I actually wound up selling off the tickets I had to a BU-BC game at Fenway a few years later.  Maybe it's different in the baseball stadiums, but the football ones are just too big for hockey. 

thanks!

i guess it's a novelty and good excuse to get blitzed at a game if the football is over.

Enough with hockey putting on these fake shows, up here CBC puts on some "hockey day in Canada" where they act like they are missionaries bringing antibiotics to savage peoples for the first time.  They are putting on this fakeness for suburbs of major cities in Canada.

9 hours ago, row_33 said:

Would be great to attend this event, I don’t see the thrill of it on TV.

they hype each outdoor game like it’s the moon landing all over again, seriously please....

I like the Heritage Classic like the one they played in Edmonton or some really cold place. The Montreal vs the Oilers game was great. I liked the outdoor game in Buffalo as well. 

Edited by Dante