You are my sunshine

IBTG81

used to sing that to my daughter to put her asleep when she was little. Now she hates the song, and I sing it to annoy her.

Wow - when I was little, my dad used to sing it to me as well. And now that he's gone to a better place, I think of him every time I hear that song.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing that struck me as odd was that many of the versions on the soundtrack are not the same as those in the movie. You are my sunshine is one that I believe is a bit different. I'll fly away is totally different. Just an observation....

One thing that struck me as odd was that many of the versions on the soundtrack are not the same as those in the movie. You are my sunshine is one that I believe is a bit different. I'll fly away is totally different. Just an observation....

288612[/snapback]

Well in the movie, You are my Sunshine was sung by a group of about 200 people, for one phrase only.

That song isn't as catchy as Man in Constant Sorrow. I love how when that song came on at the end of the movie, how Clooney jumped up to the stage and got into it.

I also thought that little Wizard of Oz like song the Klansmen were singing before their meeting was catchy. I'll have to use that at my next rally...

That song isn't as catchy as Man in Constant Sorrow.  I love how when that song came on at the end of the movie, how Clooney jumped up to the stage and got into it. 

I also thought that little Wizard of Oz like song the Klansmen were singing before their meeting was catchy.  I'll have to use that at my next rally...

288638[/snapback]

I'm a huge Clooney fan, ever since his Roseanne days! <_<

I like when the people are singing, right before they are getting saved/baptized. It really is a great movie.

Well in the movie, You are my Sunshine was sung by a group of about 200 people, for one phrase only.

288627[/snapback]

At the beginning of the movie, they are at Pete's cousin Wash's house, after dinner they are sitting around, and that song is playing on the Pappy O'Danial Flower Hour, and the singer is the same, but the version is a bit different.

The song sung by the Klansman is called Death, talking about "won't you spare me over till another year". Also a great tune. About the only one I can't listen too is the Siren Song. The instrumental version of Man of Constant Sorrow on acoustic guitar is awesome, I had to learn it in it's full glory...

At the beginning of the movie, they are at Pete's cousin Wash's house, after dinner they are sitting around, and that song is playing on the Pappy O'Danial Flower Hour, and the singer is the same, but the version is a bit different.

288649[/snapback]

Very astute observation. My bad. <_<

Wow - when I was little, my dad used to sing it to me as well. And now that he's gone to a better place, I think of him every time I hear that song.

288601[/snapback]

Mine, too. I feel the same way about "Sunshine on My Shoulder", too. That's the song my Daddy danced with me to at my wedding reception. First and last time I ever got to dance with him. Fond memory.

Happy Easter in Heaven, Poppa. <_<

I also thought that little Wizard of Oz like song the Klansmen were singing before their meeting was catchy.  I'll have to use that at my next rally...

288638[/snapback]

Let me know when it is. I'm there for you, big guy. <_<

Let me know when it is. I'm there for you, big guy.  <_<

288668[/snapback]

The rally can get a bit crazy at time, but you've gotta admit, they put out a helluva buffet. And you can really pig out because you're already covered head to toe in a giant napkin.

You are my sunshine is the song I sing to my lover and my children. Just the happy chorus part. The only other song that brings instant emotion for me is Amazing Grace. I start to cry even thinking about that song. I need therapy to work thru the issues and memories that song invokes in my past. I can hardly see what I am typing because I am thinking of that song.

288612[/snapback]

Ya... But, the first track is right (Poor Lazarus) from the movie... So much so, that my mother-in-law kept taking the a tape back and claiming it was flawed! <_<

Seems the chain-gang hammering at the start of the track confused her into thinking the thing was flawed. :doh:

:doh::doh:

288612[/snapback]

Oh... I forgot, isn't there a couple versions of the songs on the CD? It corresponds with the movie... I have to check?

Just a thought.

That song isn't as catchy as Man in Constant Sorrow.  I love how when that song came on at the end of the movie, how Clooney jumped up to the stage and got into it. 

288638[/snapback]

That song rocks! I can listen to that all day!

And I did like the movie, but I'm getting tired of seeing Homer's Odyssey remade over and over again. That being said, I did enjoy this one, just wish Hollywood could get some original ideas out.

I thought the movie was funny.  Ethan and Joel Cohen flick.  Didn't get the rave that Fargo got... The soundtrack on the other hand... Simply AWESOME!

Didn't Alison Kraus win a Grammy some years back?????

288469[/snapback]

Don't !@#$ with the Jesus.

You are my sunshine is the song I sing to my lover and my children. Just the happy chorus part. The only other song that brings instant emotion for me is Amazing Grace. I start to cry even thinking about that song. I need therapy to work thru the issues and memories that song invokes in my past. I can hardly see what I am typing because I am thinking of that song.

You sing to your lover? That is sooooo cool. <_<

Ya... But, the first track is right (Poor Lazarus) from the movie... So much so, that my mother-in-law kept taking the a tape back and claiming it was flawed! <_<

Seems the chain-gang hammering at the start of the track confused her into thinking the thing was flawed.  :doh:

:doh:  :doh:

288754[/snapback]

I made a copy of it for my father, and he thought the same thing!! :P