Youth on the Bills roster

TigerJ

While Buffalo has an older roster, when you average out every player, they have had a lot of youth playing key roles this season.  They include:

Josh Allen - rookie CB

Zay Jones - second year WR

Robert Foster - rookie UDFA WR

Jason Croom - second year UDFA TE

Dion Dawkins - second year LT

Wyatt Teller - rookie LG 

Tre White - second year CB

Levi Wallace - rookie UDFA CB

Tremaine Edmunds - rookie LB

Tavon Johnson - rookie CB

Matt Milano - second year LB

There are other young players I didn't mention who might step into more significant roles in the future (Harrison Phillips).   I list the players I did because I think it's a good sign that they are contributing in significant ways.  The rookies from this past year should experience significant improvement next season.  Second year players should also experience improvement going into their third year, if not as much.  They weren't all starters for the entire season.  Some are much better players than others at this point.  Still, when I see that this team won 6 games while depending on a rookie QB, and that many other young players, it encourages my optimism for the future. 

Edited by TigerJ

It will be interesting to see how many of the UDFAs remain on the roster and contribute after free agency and the draft.  We had a lot of holes going into this season, and we did not have the money to fill these holes with free agents, leaving us with little choice but to use low cost/young player options.

Lawson,Shady,Hughes and maybe Alexander and Mills will be the only ones left from the '16 roster heading into next spring.

1 minute ago, Augie said:

It’s hard to believe we were one of the older teams in the league, but it’s nice to see the transition. 

Losing will do that,Augie.

I have faith,we will be better next year,it would be difficult not to.

• Like (+1) 1