Mike Mayock has interviewed for Raiders G.M. job

wppete

He's my favorite pre-draft guy and he's done a pretty good job with mocks through the years, though - Wentz > Goff, Mack > Clowney, thinking Kamara could be a first rounder to name a few off the top of my head. I don't know about his pro evaluation or how he'd fare in the deeper rounds, but it would definitely be an intriguing hire.

Just now, wppete said:

Interesting. This can’t be a good hire if it happens. No experience in the front office and a TV scout. But I guess if any team would do something like this it would be the Raiders. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/30/report-mike-mayock-has-interviewed-for-raiders-g-m-job/ 

Maybe they take Kiper on as well and we won't have to listen to his dumbA&$ any more.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Mayock would be more ideal as a head scout an NFL GMs job dealing with holdouts, waiver wires, contracts, etc... add to the fact that their coach is practically part owner and unless it’s unbelievable money stay where you are at Mike 

My guess is that he would serve more as a scout with lord davis and his jester running the other side.

I really hope Mike is smart enough to stay out of that mess. 

Also, Mayock is my favorite draft-nik. I would hate to lose that input. 

19 minutes ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

He's my favorite pre-draft guy and he's done a pretty good job with mocks through the years, though - Wentz > Goff, Mack > Clowney, thinking Kamara could be a first rounder to name a few off the top of my head. I don't know about his pro evaluation or how he'd fare in the deeper rounds, but it would definitely be an intriguing hire.

Gabbert > Newton. 

Oh... maybe not that one..... 

Nah Mike does a good job. Ton of respect for him. The NFLN guys do a really good job on draft stuff - Mayock and Jeremiah in particular. Much better than the ESPN and CBS folks. 

28 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

Isn't Gruden their GM?

No, Gruden is HC, and His Excellency, President for Life (or ten years), Field Marshall Hassen Ben Soba ‘Chuckie’ Gruden, VC, DSO, WD40, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Sea, and Conqueror of the NFL in General and the AFC West in Particular.  Your mileage may vary.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Do you really think so?

I’m kind of like “What a way to run a Franchise”

Yeah, he's a great evaluator and he seems like the type to understand his weaknesses and surround himself with guys who compliment him well (Like an assistant GM whose good at the business stuff). 

The problem is that I would think that hire would represent Gruden wanting a paper man as the GM. 

4 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

No, Gruden is HC, and His Excellency, President for Life (or ten years), Field Marshall Hassen Ben Soba ‘Chuckie’ Gruden, VC, DSO, WD40, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Sea, and Conqueror of the NFL in General and the AFC West in Particular.  Your mileage may vary.

I”m just watching the KC Oak game and Oakland just doesn’t look like a well coached team.

Just now, whatdrought said:

Yeah, he's a great evaluator and he seems like the type to understand his weaknesses and surround himself with guys who compliment him well (Like an assistant GM whose good at the business stuff). 

The problem is that I would think that hire would represent Gruden wanting a paper man as the GM. 

Maybe Gabbert > Newton is too much stuck in my mind.