Todd Collins (where are they now?)

major

9 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Axed Kelly?  Kelly retire due to his son suffering from a disease.

Simply not true. It may have been said by Kelly after it happened,  and don't even think that is the case, but he  was no longer wanted by the Bills.  And I am not saying he left too soon, as it was time, clearly.

1 hour ago, Mister Defense said:

Simply not true. It may have been said by Kelly after it happened,  and don't even think that is the case, but he  was no longer wanted by the Bills.  And I am not saying he left too soon, as it was time, clearly.

I always felt we had less than stellar O-line play and outside of Reed and a Struggling young Moulds I felt the guys we had catching were pretty Disappointing.  I could be wrong tho, I was only a teenager back then.

2 hours ago, Mister Defense said:

Yeah, Kelly was definitely struggling. All one has to do is watch his last playoff game against the Jags...it was over.

I think our general perception of Collins at the time was clouded by the fact that he was replacing a Hall of Famer. Collins probably could have been serviceable.

Edited by OJ Tom

2 hours ago, Mister Defense said:

Well said

And as I recall, a year or two after retiring Jimbo considered a comeback with the Ravens