specific threat at Palace

millbank

What a surprise.........the Detroit fans AGAIN acting like thugs.

I was at the second Pacers Pistons game in Indy and the crowd booed and let the PISStons have it verbally, but this is outreagous.

Yep it's all on Artest.........what a joke.

Screw the NBA and David Stern.

At least we stomped them in Detroit AGAIN.

Hey, watch it.  I'm the real victim here.

288135[/snapback]

As Artest would say in one of his hit rap songs...'Sup Cup?

You're right. I hope you didn't get hurt bouncing off Artest's hollow noggin'. I hope after you make the Oprah/Regis & Kelly/The View/BET circuit that you'll finally have a good place to set your hat. You know...anywhere but amongst the thugs of Detriot.

Lets take a rewind shall we?

1. Ron Artest fouls Ben Wallce (and was whistled for it).

2. Ben Wallace (DETROIT) tries to start an on court brawl.

3. Ron Artest walks away and lays on the scorers table to avoid the fight.

4. DETROIT FAN throws beer on Ron Artest.

5. Ron Artest does what any average citizen on the street would do if someone threw a beer on them.

6. Ron Artest suspended for season, O'Neal for 25 games, Jackson 30 games, and the person who started the brawl to begin with, Ben Wallace, 6 lousy games.

7. Two games in Indiana with no incidents.

8. DETROIT FAN calls in bomb threat to Palace delaying the game by almost 2 hours.

Those Detroit fans are saints I tell you.

And when they can't pick a fight with opposing players, they turn on each other............

"With 1:59 left in the game Friday night, fans were fighting each other in the upper section of the lower level and one man was carried out of the seating area by several security guards. "

5.  Ron Artest does what any average citizen on the street would do if someone threw a beer on them.

288152[/snapback]

Here's the flaw in your logic. Ron Artest is not your average citizen on the street...unless there are a bunch of kids running around Indiana wearing tie-dyed wifebeaters tee-shirts with BF on the back and posters of you in their room. And that's not a slam. That's an example of how seriously flawed your thinking is on this topic.

He is a famous athlete on a nationally televised stage and should act like it. If you can't hold him to a higher standard because of that, then you are ridiculously biased in your thinking.

What's more disturbing is that you advocate his response to what happened when an older, more mature person would clearly take the higher, more respectful road and turn their back on blatant immaturity by a fan.

5.  Ron Artest does what any average citizen on the street would do if someone threw a beer on them.

288152[/snapback]

The average person would attack and beat some random person who didn't throw the beer?? 0:):D:P

Lets take a rewind shall we?

1.  Ron Artest fouls Ben Wallce (and was whistled for it).

2.  Ben Wallace (DETROIT) tries to start an on court brawl.

3.  Ron Artest walks away and lays on the scorers table to avoid the fight.

4.  DETROIT FAN throws beer on Ron Artest.

6.  Ron Artest suspended for season, O'Neal for 25 games, Jackson 30 games, and the person who started the brawl to begin with, Ben Wallace, 6 lousy games.

7.  Two games in Indiana with no incidents.

8.  DETROIT FAN calls in bomb threat to Palace delaying the game by almost 2 hours.

288152[/snapback]

I thought this post was written in a homer-ish fashion until I took a look at your avatar. He was lit up the entire second half of last year. And if you think it was because he was injured/tired you have about a 25% being right.

Here's the flaw in your logic. Ron Artest is not your average citizen on the street...unless there are a bunch of kids running around Indiana wearing tie-dyed wifebeaters tee-shirts with BF on the back and posters of you in their room. And that's not a slam. That's an example of how seriously flawed your thinking is on this topic.

He is a famous athlete on a nationally televised stage and should act like it. If you can't hold him to a higher standard because of that, then you are ridiculously biased in your thinking.

What's more disturbing is that you advocate his response to what happened when an older, more mature person would clearly take the higher, more respectful road and turn their back on blatant immaturity by a fan.

288157[/snapback]

I can certainly understand that an older more mature person would have probably taken the high road on this matter, however I also understand that todays 20 something American has a much more violent nature than someone who is in their 40's had when they were in their 20's. Why? It's culture. Culture has changed. The younger generation of Americans do not allow themselves to be treated with such disrespect. Should Ron Artest have behaved differently? Probably. Should he have been suspended the entire season? No. David Stern cost Reggie Miller a shot at a title when it wasn't warranted and that quite honestly PISSES ME OFF.

I thought this post was written in a homer-ish fashion until I took a look at your avatar.  He was lit up the entire second half of last year.  And if you think it was because he was injured/tired you have about a 25% being right.

288163[/snapback]

He has given up 1 run in his last 10 innings this spring. It looks like the problem is corrected. I'm not concerned.

And when they can't pick a fight with opposing players, they turn on each other............

"With 1:59 left in the game Friday night, fans were fighting each other in the upper section of the lower level and one man was carried out of the seating area by several security guards. "

288155[/snapback]

And where were you last night? Can we check your phonelogs to see if you are the culprit?

This coming from someone who had a picture of Jermaine O'neal as his avatar with the words "one punch" underneath it, less than 24 hours after O'Neil could have killed someone with a punch if he hadn't have slipped on the floor.

I can certainly understand that an older more mature person would have probably taken the high road on this matter, however I also understand that todays 20 something American has a much more violent nature than someone who is in their 40's had when they were in their 20's.  Why?  It's culture.  Culture has changed.  The younger generation of Americans do not allow themselves to be treated with such disrespect.  Should Ron Artest have behaved differently?  Probably.  Should he have been suspended the entire season?  No.  David Stern cost Reggie Miller a shot at a title when it wasn't warranted and that quite honestly PISSES ME OFF.

288167[/snapback]

Why has culture changed, BF, and explain to me how the very essence of a change in culture justifies what he did. Unfortunately, you won't be able to do it with any credibility for the simple reason that you think he 'probably' should have behaved differently. But, hey...you know...it's a culture change kinda thing.

David Stern is a kitty not because he cost Reggie Miller a title. He's a kitty because he should have kicked that disrespectful piece of crap out of the league forever. What Artest did was more than immoral. It was complete and utter disrespect for the league, and that kitty Stern just let it happen.

One year. Please. He should be banned for life.

Why has culture changed, BF, and explain to me how the very essence of a change in culture justifies what he did. Unfortunately, you won't be able to do it with any credibility for the simple reason that you think he 'probably' should have behaved differently. But, hey...you know...it's a culture change kinda thing.

David Stern is a kitty not because he cost Reggie Miller a title. He's a kitty because he should have kicked that disrespectful piece of crap out of the league forever. What Artest did was more than immoral. It was complete and utter disrespect for the league, and that kitty Stern just let it happen.

One year. Please. He should be banned for life.

288455[/snapback]

The change in culture doesn't nessecarily jusitfy his actions, what I was trying to point out is that todays America is not the same as it was 25 years ago. People like Ron Artest are everywhere. You believe he should be held to a higher standard because he is paid a lot of money to do his job. Fine, fair enough. In reality the fans are his boss. They pay his paycheck and dictate NBA policy regarding things like what happenend in Detroit. Ron Artest was not suspended because the NBA thought he was wrong in his actions, but rather they answer to their fans and their fans as a whole were insulted by what happened. Well why are they insulted? Fans were at the root of the whole situation to begin with. Yeah sure, a cup of beer in and of itself isn't a big deal, but the next thing you know some pyscho is going to kill a performer while they are performing. Oh nevermind, that already happened in December.

Fans can not cross the line that was crossed in Detroit that night. To hold Ron Artest soley responsible or even as the main root of the problem is just not a correct line of thinking.

This coming from someone who had a picture of Jermaine O'neal as his avatar with the words "one punch" underneath it, less than 24 hours after O'Neil could have killed someone with a punch if he hadn't have slipped on the floor.

288189[/snapback]

That wasn't me, there was another poster with that avatar and description. I had a picture of the Pacers logo with the slogan "The New Bad Boys" under it.

Stern blew it. He should have switched the franchises - lock, stock, and barrel.

How long would it take for the kinder gentler folks in Indiana to begin worshiping Ben Wallace and his posse, and the uptown dudes in mofotown begin the lovefest for Artest as their newest model citizen?

Basketball should be outlawed.

If Basketball were outlawed, only outlaws would play basketball. 0:)