For those complaining there is rarely good news

From Lenny Passthepotatoes, today...

• How about the class demonstrated by Marco Rivera, the Cowboys' new right guard, signed as an unrestricted free agent to a mega-deal that included a $9-million signing bonus. As most people know, Rivera was forced to undergo back surgery for a disk problem within days of signing with the Cowboys. The surgery will sideline the former Green Bay star and three-time Pro Bowl performer until early June and he will miss much of the Cowboys' offseason conditioning program. Last week, Rivera walked into the office of owner Jerry Jones and, citing the back injury and the embarrassment it caused both him and the franchise, offered to return the entire signing bonus. Jones declined the offer but that doesn't mean he didn't appreciate the gesture.

There is rarely good news reported anywhere about anything. It's the nature of the beast. You hear all about the steroids Haslett brought up everywhere, but this goes almost completely uncovered.

Good news sucks. Bad news rocks.

We can only take so much good news. We can never get enough bad news.

We don't watch shows like Survivor, American Idol or Apprentice to see who's going to win. We watch to see who is going to lose. We love to watch people lose. We love to watch people fail. And we really love to watch famous people fail...right after we get done propping them up.

Oh, hell. Gotta go. There's an update in the Michael Jackson trial.

A guy returning money he doesn't feel he's earned is slipping your politics into this board? Damn Kelly, when did you leave the Democratic party!?!?

0:)

287754[/snapback]

Nah, I just meant it's not the "liberal media" keeping all the good news out of Iraq from the headlines. :angry:

Good news sucks. Bad news rocks.

We can only take so much good news. We can never get enough bad news.

We don't watch shows like Survivor, American Idol or Apprentice to see who's going to win. We watch to see who is going to lose. We love to watch people lose. We love to watch people fail. And we really love to watch famous people fail...right after we get done propping them up.

Oh, hell. Gotta go. There's an update in the Michael Jackson trial.

287735[/snapback]

That about sums up the sorry state of American media today. :angry:

We watch to see who is going to lose. We love to watch people lose. We love to watch people fail. And we really love to watch famous people fail...right after we get done propping them up.

287735[/snapback]

Unless of course, they are wearing a Bills uniform, in one of 32 cities, on any given Sunday (occaisonally Monday or Thursday, or Saturday!), btween Sept 1 and February 8th, on any given year! :angry: Otherewise, fail away!

Unless of course, they are wearing a Bills uniform, in one of 32 cities, on any given Sunday (occaisonally Monday or Thursday, or Saturday!), btween Sept 1 and February 8th, on any given year! :angry:  Otherewise, fail away!

287915[/snapback]

Actually, yes and no. How many people wanted Bledsoe to fail this past year? Seriously. Wearing a Bills uniform does not make you exempt...and worse yet, having worn a Bills uniform, and then getting picked up by another team accelerates you to the front of the 'we hope you fail' line.

And we really love to watch famous people fail...right after we get done propping them up.

287735[/snapback]

We love to charge famous people with violent crimes like murder, rape and child molestation. We love to see them acquitted even tho they were guilty as sin.

All of the reasons you give are exactly why I don't want to do what I majored in (which having read your stories, we did the same thing), even tho I did really well. Besides the crappy pay, the state of media erodes more and more each day. I am kind of struggling to find something else tho. Listing that major is kind of an albatross for a lot of employers, it seems.

What does this have to do with Iraq???   :angry:

287944[/snapback]

There are a lot of people all across America that, rightfully, say or complain that all the news we get out of Iraq is bad. And no one ever reports, or very rarely reports, on all the good things that are happening in Iraq. All of that is true.

What a lot of those same people think and say is that the left, or the liberal media, are the one responsible for this, and that they don't want to report the good things that are happening in Iraq. That may or may not be true.

I don't think that is true.

I think that no one ever likes to report the good things happening around the world, whether it be Iraq or the NFL or anywhere. And I was using this example to show that there are a lot of these good things going on in the NFL, probably on a daily basis, but they are not reported on because the news only reports the bad things. And therefore, the reason there is not a lot of good news reported coming out of Iraq is not because of any conspiracy, or liberal media, but more likely because reporters don't report good news about virtually anything.