Private Contractors vs Somali Pirates

1 minute ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Not everyone can be this guy.

giphy.gif

I watched the making of this.  The director purposely didn’t have Hanks rehearse or even meet with this actor before this shot.  He wanted it to be real as possible.  Hanks has no idea who was coming through that door.

That line wasn’t in the script.  The actor improvised it.

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I watched the making of this.  The director purposely didn’t have Hanks rehearse or even meet with this actor before this shot.  He wanted it to be real as possible.  Hanks has no idea who was coming through that door.

That line wasn’t in the script.  The actor improvised it.

That sounds about right. They specifically only used shoulder-mounted cameras also to make it look extremely real-life.

7 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

That sounds about right. They specifically only used shoulder-mounted cameras also to make it look extremely real-life.

Great movie.  Heart was pounding during the kill shots.  I knew what was going to happen since I knew the story but it was just so well directed...adrenaline rush still came.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm thinking the contractors over bought the bullets and just wanted to get rid of them.

Did you hear them say: "Give them warning shots..."

I am not sure they wanted to kill them, but if they did, no sweat off their balls.  Just spray them with rounds chase them off to send the news back.

But dead pirates floating around also sends a message.

Anyway... Did you see how fast the ship was going?  They were making wake.  The pirate skiff lands on starboard side and is aft in no time flat.  The ship was hauling azz... Probably 20 knots.

I assume it ain't easy trying to hit a moving target coming perpendicular to you while you are going 20/knots and your target at least double that.

• Like (+1) 1

There is an awesome one of a helicopter using a 50cal on a pirate boat where everything just ends up shredded and then a pool of water is on fire.

I love these and sniper videos and watch them when I need a pick me up.   I also like little baby animal vids and Jenna marbles.