Does your office have grab bag gifts?

Another Fan

I have a party this week.  I’m always amazed though how worked up people get over it and or disappointed with the gifts.  To me it’s kinda a pain in the ass more than anything that you have to go through the motions of.  I got some flavored coffee last year but wound up giving it to my cousins wife.  

• Haha (+1) 1

My office does Secret Santa every year.  This will be my 4th Christmas there.

First year, I drew a woman with whom I worked very closely.  I watched this woman get Taco Bell or McDonald's literally 5 days/week.  So I got her $10 gift cards to each.  She looked offended when she opened the card.  I got a bottle of Captain Morgan from another direct report.

Second year, I drew one of my supervisors.  I got her booze, which she loved.  A woman in our finance department gave me a handmade Bills fleece blanket.  Awesome.

Third year (last year), I drew my other supervisor.  Alcohol again - but I made a basket with all of the ingredients to make Malibu Bay Breezes (her favorite drink, which I found out from another coworker).  Cost me close to $30 when it was all said and done.  I don't know who got me, but I got this $5 watch that you'd find in a ***** Aldi.  Maybe even one of those gumball machine watches.  That's how pathetic it was.

That's when I said I was done.  And I am.  Never again.  Office can call me a Scrooge, but I don't give one iota of a *****.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

First year, I drew a woman with whom I worked very closely.  I watched this woman get Taco Bell or McDonald's literally 5 days/week.  So I got her $10 gift cards to each.  She looked offended when she opened the card.  I got a bottle of Captain Morgan from another direct report.

Second year, I drew one of my supervisors.  I got her booze, which she loved.  A woman in our finance department gave me a handmade Bills fleece blanket.  Awesome.

Third year (last year), I drew my other supervisor.  Alcohol again - but I made a basket with all of the ingredients to make Malibu Bay Breezes (her favorite drink, which I found out from another coworker).  Cost me close to $30 when it was all said and done.  I don't know who got me, but I got this $5 watch that you'd find in a ***** Aldi.  Maybe even one of those gumball machine watches.  That's how pathetic it was.

That's when I said I was done.  And I am.  Never again.  Office can call me a Scrooge, but I don't give one iota of a *****.

Our office does Dirty Santa where you can steal gifts from other people up to three times.  Some people get all worked up over it but I can honestly care less.  

• Like (+1) 1

my company gives us $30 cash to spend on a gift for our christmas party exchange.  It's a lot of fun because you can't get extravagant with $30 but you can get very creative.  Lot's of liquor, a big bottle of Canadian Breakfast Stout, a lot of gag gifts.  I lucked out and got an aeorpress.  Our exchanges are always fun and very successful, no one gets their hopes up and we all have fun with it

16 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

my company gives us $30 cash to spend on a gift for our christmas party exchange.  It's a lot of fun because you can't get extravagant with $30 but you can get very creative.  Lot's of liquor, a big bottle of Canadian Breakfast Stout, a lot of gag gifts.  I lucked out and got an aeorpress.  Our exchanges are always fun and very successful, no one gets their hopes up and we all have fun with it

I'm sure you work in a far more professional environment than I do.  It's cool that you have something you can enjoy.

1 minute ago, The Poojer said:

I work in a brothel with an adult movie theater next door.  I'm the bleach guy

Weird.  I work in an adult movie theater with a brothel next door.  I always have to kick the bleach guy out for sitting in the bathroom stalls and tapping his foot.

• Haha (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

‘Secret Santa’...’Dirty Santa’...how the devil is any work getting done?!  ?

?

Well that’s kinda just it.  Poop eventually almost always hits the fan from lack of productive work time.

Thats the true gift that keeps giving ?

42 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

I work in a brothel with an adult movie theater next door.  I'm the bleach guy

Squeegee man, the last to be hired at the adult video store, a few Howard Stern shows discussed the experience

My office is doing something I've never heard of before today, but should be kinda fun. White Elephant, so you don't know who gets it. But, you can't buy anything. It has to be something used from your own house. 

On 12/18/2018 at 10:15 PM, Gugny said:

I bought you a Flutie jersey. Should be there by Christmas.

9 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I bought you a Flutie jersey. Should be there by Christmas.

I just sent your wife a facebook message telling her that I have proof that you have sex with hookers every weekend.