Josh Allen’s Adjusted Completion Percentage = 72.7%

Just now, JoPar_v2 said:

No I don’t think that’s it and I don’t think the new guy is a troll. I think you don’t think you have to defend your *ahem* “ideas” to a new poster so you are trying to dismiss him as a troll. That’s weak.

It’s not because of his ideas.  He’s not a martyr. I think you can see beyond that. 

Just now, Nelius said:

Hell, I'll still take 23rd from a "project" QB only 15 weeks into his first season. Even that's a hell of a lot better than what many were predicting. He's outplaying what his critics said no matter how you look at it.

Allen likes to throw downfield - he doesn't throw short dump offs and long hand offs....when he starts putting more of those in his game - his percentage will go up....

The more I see....the more I look forward to seeing him:D

4 minutes ago, WhyteDwarf said:

What they do in FA depends on what they do in the draft.  Even if you draft a good WR prospect, there are more needs at WR IMO.  And trust me, I hate spending big in free agency.

If the rest of the offense is trash like you say, they need to come up with 10 starters lol.

Are you Dunkirk Don Junior? 

I care and want them to spend big on key players with the $90 million plus they have in 2019.    Get the offense to match the top 5 defense. 

1 minute ago, JoPar_v2 said:

No I don’t think that’s it and I don’t think the new guy is a troll. I think you don’t think you have to defend your *ahem* “ideas” to a new poster so you are trying to dismiss him as a troll. That’s weak.

Most on these board will disagree with you.

3 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

I was one of if not the first to call Dunkirk Don out as a troll and a fraud. (and I caught a lot of flack for it)   Sometimes it's that easy to tell who's who.  

threads like these are like crack..  you just can'r let them go.  

fortunately I have a meeting to run off to 

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I was one of if not the first to call Dunkirk Don out as a troll and a fraud. (and I caught a lot of flack for it)   Sometimes it's that easy to tell who's who.  

Absolutely. I remember being attacked because we called him out. It was so obvious, yet people came out of the woodwork to be his white knight. I’m sorry, but if anyone actually though don was for real, they’re completely gullible. 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Let’s just not repeat history and make another bad draft day decision by trading up for a WR to help our 2nd year QB.  Learn from history.

Trading up is a matter of who you have targeted and who's expected to be selected yet before you can pick.  Allen, Edmunds and Dawkins were all trade-ups in the part two drafts.

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

threads like these are like crack..  you just can'r let them go.  

fortunately I have a meeting to run off to 

speaking of trolls.....is it of the "high level business" nature? LOL

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Are you Dunkirk Don Junior? 

I care and want them to spend big on key players with the $90 million plus they have in 2019.    Get the offense to match the top 5 defense. 

Well, I guess what I am saying is they have no choice but to spend big because you can't "take out the trash" utilizing just the draft.  I think they draft a WR, but also try to land a FA WR, though I don't know who will be available.  I hate to see them spend big in FA because it seems like that backfires as much as it succeeds, but there is no choice at this point.  Bills could really use Robert Woods back IMO.

Edited by WhyteDwarf

So in other words, if we don't count his first six weeks when he was really bad, and adjust his completion percentage for all these drops and throwaways, he's still only 23rd in accuracy. If you include all his games I bet he's still last in adjusted completion %.  

Also , in order to get to 72% they would have to discount eight incompletions. I went through every one of those throws and got to five. You could get to six if you count the Thompson bomb (where he laid out but couldn't come up with it) as a drop. Are they grading every QB like this? Seems fishy.

Edited by VW82

9 minutes ago, WhyteDwarf said:

What they do in FA depends on what they do in the draft.  Even if you draft a good WR prospect, there are more needs at WR IMO.  And trust me, I hate spending big in free agency.

If the rest of the offense is trash like you say, they need to come up with 10 starters lol.

not 10. that's just silly. Dawkins is going to be a starter next year, Teller will more then likely start, Josh Allen will start and Jones, Foster will likely be #3, #4 maybe one #2.

There is a saying though.. All it takes is one bad apple.. and this offense has lots of bad apples.. those bad apples make the rest of this offense look like bad apples. Thus the chain reaction continues.

We need a Solid #1 WR and maybe a Solid #2 WR

We need a LT, LG shifting Teller and Watkins to the right side of the line.

We need a Center that's going to help with assignments.

That's 5 bad apples needing replacement. you can have one or maybe even two bad players on the offensive line but when your up to 3.. that's to much.

At the WR position, as long as you have a Solid #1 a Solid #2 or two really good #2 WR's with a #3 would be ok but we don't even have that.

Decent posts require decent replies.

I enjoy stats as much as the next guy but if you watch the games it is pretty evident that Allen has been a different player since returning from injury. He has been essentially the Bills offense and for a rookie he has performed quite well under the circumstances (limited weapons and experience around him). Allen was down to his 4th string RB yesterday and his biggest playmakers are an undrafted rookie and a second year 5th round pick that was released midseason. Allen's physical tools in terms of pure arm talent and running ability are extremely rare. Add the fact that he has great size for the position, competitive spirit, intelligence and gunslinger mentality make him fun to watch right now and it should only get better.

I watch a lot of NFL football games and for the first time in many years I feel good about where the Bills are at qb and what the future holds. There are several qbs that are nearing the end of their careers even though some are still playing at a high level (Rivers, Brees, Big Ben, Manning, Brady). There are many others like Dalton, Smith, Prescott, Mariota, Carr, Flacco etc. that are just plain average. Others like Stafford leaving you wanting more. Wentz has suffered injuries since college and you wonder how long he will last. Others like Goff and Ryan have been anointed franchise qbs but are surrounded by so much talent that they are just good distributors if given great protection. If things breaks down they don't have the ability to extend plays.

Rodgers and Wilson have years left of highly productive play. I like Watson and Newton as well. Mahomes looks to be a star and Luck has returned from injury as is a franchise qb playing at a high level. Mayfield and Darnold look like they could be hits as well but I think Allen can go toe to toe with either of them. I was not high on Rosen and I just don't think he has it. There is nothing special about his game or ability to lead a team. I'm curious about Jackson. Right now he is what I thought he would be an explosive runner who can throw at times. I have serious concerns that his career will last more than 5 years playing his style and I'm not convinced he will make the transition to more of a pocket passer (just don't see much from his arm). But looking at the landscape, Allen has as much upside as any qb out there and he is already playing well. I'm just happy he is a Bill and I think the future looks bright regardless of what the stats say because the stats also were used to point out how bad of a NFL qb he would be.

Edited by racketmaster
  • Like (+1) 2

https://buffalonews.com/2018/12/17/video-review-the-stats-lie-call-it-a-68-percent-accuracy-day-for-josh-allen/

Video Review: The stats lie; call it a 68-percent accuracy day for Josh Allen

Josh Allen completed 50 percent of his passes in the Bills’ win over Detroit Sunday.

The reality is Allen had a 68 percent “accuracy day” in Buffalo’s 14-13 victory.

Let’s take a closer look at Allen’s incompletions on a day in which he went 13 of 26 passing....

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, WhyteDwarf said:

Well, I guess what I am saying is they have no choice but to spend big because you can't "take out the trash" utilizing just the draft.  I think they draft a WR, but also try to land a FA WR, though I don't know who will be available.  I hate to see them spend big in FA because it seems like that backfires as much as it succeeds, but there is no choice at this point.  Bills could really use Robert Woods back IMO.

I would spend money on a Solid Center on a solid #1 WR. These are positions we cant risk working out through draft. I agree, spending all the money in FA to fix offense would be foolish but there is some positions that we need to be polished moving forward.