School Bus behavior

Another Fan

When I was in middle and high school bus rides were always pretty rowdy.  One kid shot a paintball at someone’s car once for example.  I mean there was far worse stuff...

Is today’s generation like that?  Seems like it’s more materialistic and kids are glued into their phones more 

it was a sign of arrival

the bullies respected my status as an athlete enough to grab the gym bag of someone my year instead of me

he was looking bleakly at me for help, i guess i had a 10% chance of walking to the back of the city bus and getting his gym bag back for him, but he was a jerk and i wasn't going out of my way to help him

they threw it out the window at full speed over a bridge and it tore open and i guess books were damaged

good old times

The introspective cell phone culture will be the death of society.

Thank God that crap didn't exist when I was a kid, and we had to invent fun, proactive ways to get in trouble that involved actual  human interaction and what not.

"Social media" is anything but social.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, row_33 said:

it was a sign of arrival

the bullies respected my status as an athlete enough to grab the gym bag of someone my year instead of me

he was looking bleakly at me for help, i guess i had a 10% chance of walking to the back of the city bus and getting his gym bag back for him, but he was a jerk and i wasn't going out of my way to help him

they threw it out the window at full speed over a bridge and it tore open and i guess books were damaged

good old times

Yeah that’s how I remember it being to an extent.

Do you know what ever happened to the kid they did that too?  

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

When I was in middle and high school bus rides were always pretty rowdy.  One kid shot a paintball at someone’s car once for example.  I mean there was far worse stuff...

Is today’s generation like that?  Seems like it’s more materialistic and kids are glued into their phones more 

Yeah it was a free for all on the bus when I was a kid.  Survival of the fittest I guess.  One time me & my friends stashed a couple cartons of eggs in these bushes where the bus let us off the night before.  That next day when we got off the bus we ran to the bushes, grabbed the eggs & drilled the bus as it drove away.  The next day the bus driver told us "thanks a lot guys, I had to take an hour after my shift to clean off the eggs you threw at the bus."  WE laughed about that for hours, looking back now in my mid 40's, my friends & I were a bunch of aholes that really could of used someone kicking the sh&t out of us.  But it sure was funny back then.

36 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Yeah that’s how I remember it being to an extent.

Do you know what ever happened to the kid they did that too?  

he turned out okay, a banker up in northern Ontario

he hated me though, blamed me more than the goons who committed this evil on him

-------------------------

the sadder thing was people who were bullied in public school let the same creeps bother them in high school

in one case the loser had grown to 6'2 190 and could have knocked the now-tiny bully's head right through the locker door with minimal effort

25 minutes ago, row_33 said:

he turned out okay, a banker up in northern Ontario

he hated me though, blamed me more than the goons who committed this evil on him

-------------------------

the sadder thing was people who were bullied in public school let the same creeps bother them in high school

in one case the loser had grown to 6'2 190 and could have knocked the now-tiny bully's head right through the locker door with minimal effort

Sometimes though tiny kids can have people that will back then at least back in my day.

Not gonna lie my first year of high school I was intimidated by the bus.  Plus the mile walk home from the bus stop.  Just waited at school for a ride 

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I was skeptical that this movie would be good...but then I gave it a chance and loved it.

Same here. When you mentioned that the cool thing now is to be good kids, it immediately made me think of that scene.

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

it was a sign of arrival

good old times

I would have thrown them out the back of the bus to get my ***** if they did that.

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

From my understanding, talking to parents with teens....the cool thing anymore is not being a bad kid or doing bad things.  The cool thing now is being a good kid and doing good things.

Hahahahahah Eddie Haskells all the way

HS is still savage ..there are still cliques and bullying and the jocks still run shi*t

*** pecking order my friend ***

you know you were the man because you were an all star baseball player... not the chess captain ?

42 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

I would have thrown them out the back of the bus to get my ***** if they did that.

the fact they took the gym bag 100% defeats the threat of ANYTHING being done by the patsy

30 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Hahahahahah Eddie Haskells all the way

HS is still savage ..there are still cliques and bullying and the jocks still run shi*t

*** pecking order my friend ***

you know you were the man because you were an all star baseball player... not the chess captain ?

I founded the chess club.

I wasn't The Man then.  But I sure as hell am now.

If you're reading this, mom, I really did do my homework on the 90 minute bus trip home. I lived out in the sticks and went to HS at St Joes. Yeah, that was 3 hours round trip. Ugh. Being the first one on the bus (farthest away) at 6:30am on single digit degree mornings with a brisk wind in January scarred me for life. (Therapy helps!  ?)

OK, the truth might be closer to me doing my homework on the last 10 minutes before arriving at school. I never had a problem on the bus at any age, but most of my friends were at least one year ahead of me, and none of them would mess with me after growing up playing football and hockey with them. I wasn’t huge, but I was solid and used to bounce older kids around pretty easily. I think the word was out. I ended up being closer to average size than expected based on my family background, but I got there early. 

There was never much serious bullying, as I recall. I’d like to think I’d stick up for the victim if put in the position, but I really just don’t remember that. (In the cafeteria a few times, yes, I “asserted myself” there a couple times sticking up against a bully, and the Principal seemed a little pleased THAT KID took a beating! But I NEVER punched him....I just kept bouncing him off the ground the first time, and sent him over a table the next.) 

Even if we were smaller in size, in numbers there is strength! Just ask Kramer in the alley after Karate class!