The Trump Shutdown

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

I don't get this argument when put in the context of the gun reform argument. Can the right really have it both ways?

It has nothing to do with gun reform and everything to do with the left's ability to embrace hypocrisy as if no one is paying attention.

The left argued loudly that the Affordable Care Act -- a law that literally does everything BUT make care affordable -- was worth if it we can only save one child from not getting care. That argument was everywhere from the left when the bill was introduced.

But we CAN point to a number of people who WERE killed or maimed or injured by illegals, from Kate Steinle to Officer Singh and all the sadness in between.

If the left was eager to pass Obamacare to save one undefined hypothetical child, why are they not equally eager to build a wall to save multiple deaths of REAL Americans?

The arguments are undeniably hypocritical. Anyone can see that if they are being honest with themselves. So we can choose a couple of reasons for this: either the left is so eager to stop Trump they they're willing to let a bunch of Americans, including a legal immigrant cop, get murdered...or they admit the life of a cop, father, husband, daughter isn't as important as that of a hypothetical child.

Make sense now?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

ladders may work from the side your coming from, but then what? drop 30' to the ground? seems like you are asking for trouble not to mention dropping kids from that height might not be the best advice. 

The critical thinking skills of the wall-lovers needs some work. The wall will, like a fence, serve as a further obstacle. And to that end, it's fine. But let's stop pretending that it's that hard to get over or breach it. A novice problem solver can come up with plenty of ways to breach the wall. 

Will it work as well as Trump touts. No. Is it better than nothing? Yes. Is this more about politics than problem-solving? YESYESYES

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

context is your friend. well, in your case it might be an alien. regardless, the response was in direct correlation and context of the post it responded to.

So you think the illegals will tackle the problem of climbing to the top of the wall using a ladder, and not contemplate how to deal with the 30 foot drop down? That's what's going to stump them about the wall? 

"Oh $--t, how do I get down from here? I wish I had thought of that before I climbed up. Send up my 3-year-old and I'll drop her down and see how she does."

The wall is fine. Wasting a bunch of money is the norm and this particular waste is no worse than a lot of others. 

a DHS document outlining the threat of SIA's (migrants from terrorist nations)

... The region is also home to networks that specialize in smuggling illegal immigrants from places like Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Syria, and Iraq, all places where terrorist organizations like al-Shabab, ISIS, al-Qaeda and their affiliates operate. Now migrant smuggling is not uncommon. What makes these networks different is the type of people who enlist their services to attempt to enter the U.S. homeland undetected. Some of these people have ties to terrorism and some have intentions to conduct attacks in the homeland. ...

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Does Justin Trudeau know someone stole his cowboy hat?

36 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

"Wallin' up the country, gonna build a lot of peaches..."

By The Presidents of the United States of America, no less...

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BeginnersMind said:

Tom’s budget of 50B was too conservative with guys like you spending our money. 

You're right. If we could stop the invasion at our southern border, I'd take 100Bn out of the DoD to make it happen.

Edited by Joe in Winslow

Political Cartoons by Mike Lester

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

Why are @CNN, @MSNBC and the rest of the media spending more time interviewing furloughed government workers (who will all ultimately be paid in full in backpay) than they are interviewing angel parents, who lost their children forever because of illegal immigration?

Edited by B-Man
  • Haha (+1) 1

The border wall gofundme just took a turn...

this is the team

<snip>

If the Democrats won't provide the funding for what the American people voted for in 2016 then we the people will. When Americans see us completing real miles of beautiful wall, we know that we will raise the many billions we need to finally secure the entire border. I am 100% committed to secure our southern border and protect Americans.

</ snip>

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

The border wall gofundme just took a turn...

this is the team

<snip>

If the Democrats won't provide the funding for what the American people voted for in 2016 then we the people will. When Americans see us completing real miles of beautiful wall, we know that we will raise the many billions we need to finally secure the entire border. I am 100% committed to secure our southern border and protect Americans.

</ snip>

At 1/2 of 1% of Trump’s budget, it is really taking off. 

If private citizens want to fund it electively, have at it. 

Edited by BeginnersMind