The Trump Shutdown

11 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Oh, so you don't think the fact it can easily be cut through shows how useless it is? What other proof could you possibly need? Another tweet from Trump? 

Image result for hack saw

No. If I thought you believed that I would take you for a fool. However, I suspect you are not as thick-headed as you appear. I find it more likely that you reside under a bridge.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Foxx said:

oh good. i'm sure you, your wife and your children won't mind then if we have ICE just drop an illegal family off at your doorstep while your away so they can come right in and make themselves at home. of course, you won't be surprised that they are there when you get home and we can also assume that you will not be calling the police. make sure you take good care of them, feed them, bathe them, care for their medical needs and schooling and trust me, they will need schooling because they probably don't speak English nor are they able to support themselves. 

so glad we have people like you to take care of these poor misfortunate people. we will pray that you don't end up a statistic like many others have. best of luck to you and thank you again.

?

Do you even know where I live!

LoL... 

2 hours ago, Koko78 said:

I'd rather see DHS release them by the busload into neighborhoods where Alyssa Milano, Nancy Pelosi, Adam Schiff, Kamala Harris, etc. live, when released pending asylum/deportation proceedings. They're fine upstanding people, after all. They should be welcomed with opened arms in those secure, gated communities.

Dude, they are in those neighborhoods every day doing landscaping, picking up the trash, cleaning pools, putting roofs on houses..working at Trump properties...also at the OTB i go to quite frequently right chere in Richmond Virgin-i-a!!!! You really want to piss those folks off, round up the illegals every morning coming into their neighborhoods...and that goes for both sides

12 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

The very leftists on this site during the Obamacare debate, howling that the entire bill was worth if it it only saved one child, today look at the border wall debate and say "Okay, so big deal, a few cops get killed by illegal aliens. Is that really worth a wall???"

Interestingly, they're simply too stupid to understand their own hypocrisy.

I don't get this argument when put in the context of the gun reform argument. Can the right really have it both ways?

Edited by plenzmd1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Thought Trump was a better negotiator than this according to all you folks. In essence, he is saying I get two things I want, you get one. Lets make a deal!!!

BTW, first it was terrorists crossing the southern border at alarming rates that has disappeared from his rhetoric, now it is need a wall to stop drug smuggling..whats the next "fact" that crumbles. ( we wont even count the Mexico will pay).

Do yall not see why people don't trust him on this?

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

Thought Trump was a better negotiator than this according to all you folks. In essence, he is saying I get two things I want, you get one. Lets make a deal!!!

BTW, first it was terrorists crossing the southern border at alarming rates that has disappeared from his rhetoric, now it is need a wall to stop drug smuggling..whats the next "fact" that crumbles. ( we wont even count the Mexico will pay).

Do yall not see why people don't trust him on this?

He has not dropped the terrorist talk. He brought it up yesterday at the border several times. Same with drugs and human trafficking. 

All three come through the southern border, that's not fantasy, it's reality. Why shouldn't POTUS be talking about all three?

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

He has not dropped the terrorist talk. He brought it up yesterday at the border several times. Same with drugs and human trafficking. 

All three come through the southern border, that's not fantasy, it's reality. Why shouldn't POTUS be talking about all three?

he and his crew have totally backed off the "4000" terrorists apprehended at the border crap from last weekend. Using false facts just hurts his arguments...ya think the big dummy would realize this.

If he had just come out and said" listen folks , i thought I could get Mexico to pay, but I cant directly. But we all know the wall is a good thing for the country, costs next to nothing, and I am in discussions with the Dems on working on other security measures as well, and have given them "x" as good faith measure"..this thing would have been done in November. 

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

he and his crew have totally backed off the "4000" terrorists apprehended at the border crap from last weekend. Using false facts just hurts his arguments...ya think the big dummy would realize this.

If he had just come out and said" listen folks , i thought I could get Mexico to pay, but I cant directly. But we all know the wall is a good thing for the country, costs next to nothing, and I am in discussions with the Dems on working on other security measures as well, and have given them "x" as good faith measure"..this thing would have been done in November. 

Why don't you want a wall built to help keep out human tracking, drug smuggling, and terrorists?

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

You didn't watch yesterday's border coverage from the looks of it. 

It wouldn't have been done in November because there are politicians (on both sides of the aisle) who profit directly from the border remaining porous. 

e636e68a8c7afa3df5f1b83c2afd47dffb0d9a21113c5a8e66fecf4dbedefe24.jpg

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You didn't watch yesterday's border coverage from the looks of it. 

It wouldn't have been done in November because there are politicians (on both sides of the aisle) who profit directly from the border remaining porous. 

e636e68a8c7afa3df5f1b83c2afd47dffb0d9a21113c5a8e66fecf4dbedefe24.jpg

I did not!! 

Not sure I follow the picture?

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

I did not!! 

Not sure I follow the picture?

The picture shows the level of concern and disdain held by "conservatives" in the media on the issue of border control. Scroll back, you'll see what those images are from. 

There are people in front of cameras today who profit directly from making sure the trafficking and smuggling routes into the US through the southern border remain open. They care more about the kickbacks they receive than they do securing the border. 

If they did not, this would have been solved many administrations ago considering each and every one has made the border an issue at one point or another, only to have it get lost in the weeds of the Hill when it came down to actual reform/change. 

There are enemies among us. 

As for "Mexico will pay for it" - that media canard is dying a slow death. 

This is before he was president, while he was campaigning. No one serious ever believed Mexico would cut a check directly. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TH3 said:

I mean - the only thing that is missing is the Mitch McConnellesque declaration on the floor of the Senate that he would do everything possible to make sure BO was a failure....

Turns out Obama managed to make his presidency a failure completely on his own.

Like I said... Let Trump and the Basket of Deplorables think they are getting something.

With two year olds, you gotta be stern:

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5c37c7c7e4b05cb31c40ed3f/amp

Rob Peter to pay Paul and a megalomaniac, authoritarian politician gets his way... Sorta saves face... 

Such a proud moment in American history when a POTUS has a terrible two's temper tantrum:

"It’s not that there’s going to be a legislative breakthrough. It’s more that everyone now recognizes there is no deal to be made ― not when President Donald Trump won’t come down from his $5.7 billion figure for border wall construction, conservatives oppose a larger immigration deal, and Democrats don’t trust and won’t accept any offer but full capitulation.

Instead, the solution to the impasse seems to be Trump declaring a national emergency at the border, using a dubious authority to reprogram military construction money for the wall, and then Congress passing clean funding legislation ― without wall money ― while Trump’s executive maneuver gets tied up in court.

Trump has moved from toying with the idea of a national emergency declaration to all but promising it. He said Thursday that, if negotiations don’t work out, “probably I will do it. I would almost say definitely.”

Edited by ExiledInIllinois