The Trump Shutdown

To sum up the last 20 days:

Trump demands 5.7 billion for a wall, Dems say no.

Trump offers 2.5 billion for a wall, Dems say no.

Trump back up to 5.7 billion but now for steel fence+other additions, Dems say no.

Trump asks if Dems will budge if he re-opens gov, Dems say no.

• Like (+1) 2

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's not though. Just think it through. How can you say it's purely political when there's actual value to the wall? The facts, and experts, all agree that a wall is a necessary competent (along with technology and increased funding for manpower) to help curb human trafficking and smuggling. Even the former Obama head of DHS agrees.

Those people aren't politicians, they don't care a lick about politics. They're trying to do their job and keep the country safe. A wall is needed in certain sections and will save lives.

The wall is a silly idea. It won't solve any of the problem at the border. It's all politics. It all to feed the right wing base on the idea that dark skinned people are diseased, crime ridden and out to rape white women. Just watch Fox for a night, its half of their propaganda each night. 

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:lol: Troller-in-Chief

Really? Then get a trade deal done so we don't have to cut welfare checks for farmers. What a joke this guy is 

5 minutes ago, westside said:

Come on liberals, rebuke that if you can. Who's playing politics with peoples lives?

...I mean, that's an extremely low bar to set. But yes, I can rebuke that.

You see, we managed to get through that humanitarian crisis with compassion without completely disregarding the rule of law. 

Guess what you don't need to do that?

Answer: A wall. You stupid shites.

Further answer: You know what isn't getting passed while Trump shuts down the government: $1.9 Billion in border security.

6 minutes ago, westside said:

Come on liberals, rebuke that if you can. Who's playing politics with peoples lives?

far from a lib but it might be argued that Obama was talking about immigration reform and not about building a wall

Just now, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

You see, we managed to get through that humanitarian crisis with compassion without completely disregarding the rule of law. 

Further answer: You know what isn't getting passed while Trump shuts down the government: $1.9 Billion in border security.

That's a dodge, not an answer. It's all you do down here. 

The wall is needed in certain sections along the border. I know this to be a fact because I went there first hand and have done hours and hours of interviews with the men and women who work in smuggler's alley (a long stretch of land where most human traffickers operate and where a wall would save lives). 

No one is disregarding the rule of law. Everything Trump is doing is within his constitutional power, including if he declares an emergency. As POTUS, securing the borders is a constitutional duty. 

When you operate without facts and rely purely on the feelz as you often do, it's easy to become propagandized without even realizing it. You should take a deep look in the mirror and rethink this position.

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Whats the emergency? 

He has signed EO's issuing national emergencies for human trafficking. That's one.

He has signed EO's issuing national emergencies for the opioid epidemic. That's two. 

Both of those are already in place. 

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Ah yes, the tunnel myth. Because it’s so easy to build tunnels.

No one would ever notice. Might as well just do nothing, now that the tunneling option has been exposed.

Can we have a serious conversation now? That’d be great.

• Like (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

You seem angry.  Why?

15 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Reminds me of a continuing legal education class I attended a few years back. They were presenting stuff on appeals for inmates who are denied parole, when one attorney in the audience started bitching that everyone is denied, because that's all he sees. My boss (who was moderating the discussion) finally pointed out to him that of course denials are all you see - people who are granted parole don't appeal.

Of course the data is going to favor drugs seized at proper border crossings - the schiff that gets through the desert isn't counted!

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Because he can only operate based off emotions. Facts and logic are not things he's interested in nor capable of deploying.

I'm still waiting to see how the Senate could have unanimously passed a House spending bill without it getting sent to Trump. I don't think the NPC has downloaded the approved narrative of what he feels yet.

• Like (+1) 2