The Trump Shutdown

48 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Not for awhile yet. Do you have  date when they will run out? What with all the new jobs that need to be filled that might be a blessing. One would think that as long as they are capable (mentally and physically) this economy would have them rejoicing. Just think 312,000 new jobs were created last month. The unemployment rate went up a notch or two but only because 400,000 people decided to rejoin the workforce.

44% of food stamp recipients have jobs already. 

They will run out February 1st. There is ~3 billion in a reserve fund for after that date. That will last maybe half the month. 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, peace out said:

They will run out February 1st. There is ~3 billion in a reserve fund for after that date. That will last maybe half the month. 

It's rather unfortunate that the Democrats would rather let law-abiding US citizens starve to protect criminals.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, peace out said:

So, funds are running out in 1 1/2 months, eh? Thank Heaven that 44% of the recipients have a job. Discounting the fact that some of them are incapable of working, 56% will be able to find work. Think how bad it would have been a few years ago when there  were so many more people on food stamps.

I wonder if we've saved enough on food stamps with the improved economy if that would pay for the wall?

2 hours ago, peace out said:

What percent are illegal aliens?

11 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Thread about how Trump could declare a Nat'l emergency: 

The media and the libs will have an epic meltdown if he were to do this.

Makes me hope he does. The entertainment value alone will be worth it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I would rather them not be paid, than us not have a secure border.

You liberals would rather them not be paid, than us have a secure border.

For years, Lefties have been calling anyone who doesn’t believe that man alone is powerful enough to control the environment, ‘climate deniers.’ Some of these tolerant, lovely, peaceful people have even said those who don’t agree with their ideas on climate change should go to jail.

You just know they’re a hoot at birthday parties.

Anyway, newly-elected badass Rep. Dan Crenshaw came up with a new term for anyone and everyone claiming a wall won’t work and that there isn’t a real problem at the border.

Looking at you, Nancy Pelosi:

Definition of Border Denialism:

1) The belief that physical barriers can simply be “climbed over”…just like that.

2) The belief that there’s “no real problem” on the border because 400,000 illegals apprehended on border per year is “insignificant.”

3) The belief that because you can't put a wall everywhere (i.e. the Rio Grande), that you should, therefore, put a wall nowhere.

Nothing more frustrating than watching leftists and Democrats tell the Border Patrol Agents who want a wall that they're wrong, and walls don't work.

Law enforcement is only above reproach if they're improperly securing FISA warrants on Team Trump on behalf of Dems.

More bait and switch.  Hate to buy a car off this Dude Trump:

Smilin' Donnie, his car prices are insane!  Along w/his promises.  Wow... Painted into a corner by Democrats that can't shoot straight.  Some art of the dealing going on here!  /smh... Trump's Shutdown is a real shi...show

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/national/health-science/as-shutdown-drags-on-trump-officials-seek-novel-ways-to-cope-with-its-impacts/2019/01/06/96c54a50-11ee-11e9-90a8-136fa44b80ba_story.html

“The impression you get from the president [is] that he would like to not only close government, build a wall, but also abolish Congress so the only voice that mattered was his own,” Pelosi said in an interview, which aired on CBS News’s “Sunday Morning.”

Despite the pessimistic tone from Democrats, senior administration officials described the letter to congressional Democrats as a flicker of progress. They said the letter’s formal call for a “steel barrier” rather than a massive concrete wall — as Trump long promised — was a notable development.

8 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

More bait and switch.  Hate to buy a car off this Dude Trump:

Smilin' Donnie, his car prices are insane!  Along w/his promises.  Wow... Painted into a corner by Democrats that can't shoot straight.  Some art of the dealing going on here!  /smh... Trump's Shutdown is a real shi...show

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/national/health-science/as-shutdown-drags-on-trump-officials-seek-novel-ways-to-cope-with-its-impacts/2019/01/06/96c54a50-11ee-11e9-90a8-136fa44b80ba_story.html

“The impression you get from the president [is] that he would like to not only close government, build a wall, but also abolish Congress so the only voice that mattered was his own,” Pelosi said in an interview, which aired on CBS News’s “Sunday Morning.”

Despite the pessimistic tone from Democrats, senior administration officials described the letter to congressional Democrats as a flicker of progress. They said the letter’s formal call for a “steel barrier” rather than a massive concrete wall — as Trump long promised — was a notable development.

I'd still like to see the moron call a national emergency, go down, seize private citizens land, and use funds that were not voted for that purpose to build a stupid gate. 

15 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I'd still like to see the moron call a national emergency, go down, seize private citizens land, and use funds that were not voted for that purpose to build a stupid gate. 

I agree... He should put up or shut up.  Then send a general to Mexico City to pick-up the check, tribute too.

This is what happens when the minority has power and refuses to govern from the middle.  More people will blame him.

I say bring it.

• Like (+1) 1

Democrat House Armed Services Chair: Trump Has the Authority to Use the Military to Build His Wall

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/01/06/dem_rep_adam_smith_yes_president_does_have_authority_to_invoke_national_emergency_to_build_wall.html

Sunday on ABC’s “This Week,” House Armed Service Committee chairman Rep. Adam Smith (D-WA) said President Donald Trump does have the authority to declare a national emergency and have the military build a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border.

Host George Stephanopoulos asked, “Does President Trump have the ability, have the authority to declare a national emergency and have the military build his wall?”

Smith said, “Well, unfortunately, the short answer is yes. There is a provision in the law that says the president can declare an emergency. It’s been done a number of times, but primarily it’s been done to build facilities in Afghanistan and Iraq. In this case, I think the president would be wide open to a court challenge saying, where is the emergency? You have to establish that in order to do this

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

That alone would make the declaration valuable, for putting a concrete limit on the President's powers to declare such.

But it would never get to the Supreme Court.  It would take years to wind through the plethora of lawsuits brought in lower court on such issues as posse comitatus, eminent domain, questions of state sovereignty, questions of Congressional authority...hell, there'll likely even be suits under the NPSA and BLM laws.  By the time all the lawsuits are resolved, everyone involved will have died of old age.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, B-Man said:

or.....................

Public sides with Trump on the shutdown

Dude, you losing me with some of these posts that are all opinion and you state them as fact. Where in the world in that article does it have any facts to back up that claim in your link title? That 60,000 people retweeted it is indicative of...what exactly??? That Trump's followers retweet his tweets? I am not even saying the premise is wrong, just that article has absoluely no evidense to support it.

You did this as well with "Fact" guy as evidence why a wall would work...and there was not one explanation or proof based claim in that video. 

Now, while I love your memes and cartoons and such, I also  want to keep clicking your links but will not if they do not support your claim in the title.

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

Dude, you losing me with some of these posts that are all opinion and you state them as fact. Where in the world in that article does it have any facts to back up that claim in your link title? That 60,000 people retweeted it is indicative of...what exactly??? That Trump's followers retweet his tweets? I am not even saying the premise is wrong, just that article has absoluely no evidense to support it.

You did this as well with "Fact" guy as evidence why a wall would work...and there was not one explanation or proof based claim in that video. 

Now, while I love your memes and cartoons and such, I also  want to keep clicking your links but will not if they do not support your claim in the title.

We have to build the wall to see if it works.

• Thank you (+1) 1