The Trump Shutdown

Damn .....You guys sure wanna drop 5B in a completely inefficient manner.....I thought the Mexicans were gonna pick up the tab.....oh that’s right.....it’s in the “billions” pouring in from new NAFTA...which hasn’t even been put into law yet ....or the “billions” in tariffs that the “Chinese” ....errrr I mean you....pay to import Chinese goods.....LOL

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Damn .....You guys sure wanna drop 5B in a completely inefficient manner.....I thought the Mexicans were gonna pick up the tab.....oh that’s right.....it’s in the “billions” pouring in from new NAFTA...which hasn’t even been put into law yet ....or the “billions” in tariffs that the “Chinese” ....errrr I mean you....pay to import Chinese goods.....LOL

Would you rather have our border security drastically upgraded to keep America safe.  Or would you rather have twice as much given to foreign "aid" (donors pockets)?

56 minutes ago, TH3 said:

You didn't actually read anything here, did you?  Just decided to pop in and post something stupid...

14 hours ago, Rob's House said:

This is why this is a smart fight for President Trump. The only real reason to dig in this hard against the wall is if you desperately want open borders, and that's a wildly unpopular (not to mention insane) position.

Or you can look at that graph and say the president wants to hold up the entire government budget, which has already been approved, just over that sliver of spending. It's a Trump Shutdown, his to own. And I don't care about the 5B at all. I don't think it matters if we build it. And I don't think it matters if we don't. The DoD could lose 10B in a study of how to care for dandruff.  

No one has advocated for an open border but you knew that when you bundled the straw to make the man. 

Edited by BeginnersMind
  • Like (+1) 1

No one has advocated for an open border? While not many on the Left will actually come out and say so, their actions would certainly make that seem like their goal. So called leaders on the Left have spoken out for over a decade in favor of a wall. A year or so ago they were ready to agree to a comprehensive bill to fund the entire wall along with fixing DACA, chain migration and the lottery. What changed? A ***** federal judge ruled that Trump couldn't alter Obama's executive order with an executive order of his own. Eventually that decision will be reviewed by SCOTUS and will be struck down.

Today the Left doesn't want a wall or solve the illegal immigration issues because it does not benefit them politically. A wall would give Trump a "win" and solving the DACA problem will take away the DACA issue that is important to them and the Hispanics they have hoodwinked over the years. The Left are just a collection of Liars and will always act in a way that they think benefits their partisan, political goals.

3 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

No one has advocated for an open border? While not many on the Left will actually come out and say so, their actions would certainly make that seem like their goal. So called leaders on the Left have spoken out for over a decade in favor of a wall. A year or so ago they were ready to agree to a comprehensive bill to fund the entire wall along with fixing DACA, chain migration and the lottery. What changed? A ***** federal judge ruled that Trump couldn't alter Obama's executive order with an executive order of his own. Eventually that decision will be reviewed by SCOTUS and will be struck down.

Today the Left doesn't want a wall or solve the illegal immigration issues because it does not benefit them politically. A wall would give Trump a "win" and solving the DACA problem will take away the DACA issue that is important to them and the Hispanics they have hoodwinked over the years. The Left are just a collection of Liars and will always act in a way that they think benefits their partisan, political goals.

It benefits Dems to allow illegal immigrants in because their babies will grow up to be Dem voters. Part of their 20 year plan no doubt.

One of my favorite Republican arguments.

On this stupid issue, Trump boxed himself in with his racist rhetoric and stupid "wall" and "Mexico will pay for it" talk. If the Dems were not so dug in caring about the 5B number and Trump was not so dim-witted as to care about the "wall," we might be able to get something meaningful done at the border. "Might" as in "maybe" since I'm unconvinced that we can stop the flow. But it's fine to try. It would be great if either side would act adult and work to a solution, since the budget is otherwise agreed to except for 5 freaking billion dollars. 

And though I'm all for caring about wasting 5B, there's a lot more waste in the budget that I wish people were paying attention to.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

It benefits Dems to allow illegal immigrants in because their babies will grow up to be Dem voters. Part of their 20 year plan no doubt.

On this stupid issue, Trump boxed himself in with his racist rhetoric and stupid "wall" and "Mexico will pay for it" talk. If the Dems were not so dug in caring about the 5B number and Trump was not so dim-witted as to care about the "wall," we might be able to get something meaningful done at the border. "Might" as in "maybe" since I'm unconvinced that we can stop the flow. But it's fine to try. It would be great if either side would act adult and work to a solution, since the budget is otherwise agreed to except for 5 freaking billion dollars. 

And though I'm all for caring about wasting 5B, there's a lot more waste in the budget that I wish people were paying attention to.

You must be new to politics. 

3 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

The dems are now tied into Pelosi's proclamation that the wall is now immoral. This shutdown is all on the dems for changing their position and refusing to secure the border. Their asinine position to use drones to secure the border is ridiculous. Drones aren't going to do jackshit when the caravans arrive. The caravans were/are designed to flood the border and overtax our ability to vette the people coming here.

Hell, we had better control a century ago.

ellis.jpg

9 minutes ago, peace out said:

I hope nobody on here is in hard enough times to be on food stamps. Funds are running out.

Not for awhile yet. Do you have  date when they will run out? What with all the new jobs that need to be filled that might be a blessing. One would think that as long as they are capable (mentally and physically) this economy would have them rejoicing. Just think 312,000 new jobs were created last month. The unemployment rate went up a notch or two but only because 400,000 people decided to rejoin the workforce.

34 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:lol:

It only took liberals 3 years to come up with that GOT-inspired "sick burn" that "shredded" Trump and "broke the internet".

Took Mr. Ross about 8 seconds to point out how stupid they are.

• Haha (+1) 1